[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

I just wanted to let you know i've been busy.... and no release yet still working...

1.0 isn't really out yet and my mod gets broke every few days so no plans to release. Always looking for suggestions!

Release 1.0 Update Changes
-Coding updated. (plus a bunch more small changes to make it run in 1.0)
-C# scripting corrected for new version. Coding reworked for each mod.
-Text for C# corrected. Wording Corrected.
-Patches add artwork for vanilla plants
-Patches add artwork for vanilla vegetable items
-Trees color coding added for Fall
-All vanilla coding is removed from mod and now is patched in. Minus a few recipes.
-Blended leather remove: patchwork in vanilla
-Cocoa plant and chocolate recipes removed. In vanilla.
-Fabrics art patched for plants
-Fabric like plants harvest patched to fibers.
-Fabric cost adjusted for vanilla. Balanced recipes
-Salvage Clothing add also to Tailoring tables.
-Tree and flower research spilt for vanilla.
(all trees under sowing, flowers in flower research in VG tab)
-Recipe added to stonecutting table Bamboo > Wood
--Canning tech's renamed to table and factory
-Canning has been removed from Gourmet and Made into its own mod.
-Plants are now list in categories
-Description changes to many items.
-Smooth floor requirement removed from Place soil, Work has been greatly increased to match this change.

Research across all mods have been moved around:
--Adv Cooking rename Candy Making to reflect what it does.
--Ultratech crafting recipe research renamed from Glitter meds

Category  Changes:
-Sweets and drinks renamed to sweets
-All alcohol has been moved to it's own group under "Drugs"
-All Soda's has been moved to it own group Under "Drugs"
-All meals from mod under Meals based on type (simple,fine,lavish)

Changes thanks to Syrchalis suggestions:
-Coffee, Tea, and Fruit Drinks art is smaller and uses "stackcounts" now.
-When drinking above pawns not long set bottles/cups on table or rotate them.

Madman666

Hey, awesome news, @dismar, been waiting for this! :D Though Ultratech was already renamed back to Glittertech in vanilla. Also i highly suggest you patching trees to more or less B18 values (growing in any biome, under roof and x1 sow time instead of x5, otherwise theres really not much sense in ever trying to grow trees outside year-round grow time :().

Also please, please can you reconsider moving salvage apparel bill to talioring bench? I always have tons of apparel on that bench, so bills get incredibly cluttered up. I really liked how you used your own crafting stationg for those...

Thanks for your hard work!

Syrchalis

Current sow work is 12000, that is really annoying. I play with 4000, which seems fair. (I have my own personal mod which patches tons of values and adds a few things from vegetable garden to 1.0, for example coffee, that's why I made those textures =p).

I also have made a few textures for immature plants:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3ndcp2s0kwvsgf/Immature.zip?dl=0
Healroot is a bit recolored to better go along with the color of the other plants.

Quote from: dismar on July 13, 2018, 08:38:41 PM
Changes thanks to Syrchalis sugestions:
-Coffee, Tea, and Fruit Drinks art is smaller and uses "stackcounts" now.
-When drinking above pawns not long set bottles/cups on table or rotate them.
Just wanting to note I'm just responsible for those two, not the descriptions or place soil thing =p

Here is a picture of pawns using the new coffee/fruit drinks:
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

ultra4

just a user imput,
Quote from: Syrchalis on July 14, 2018, 04:55:24 AM
(...) textures for immature plants:

:D :D ;D ;D 8) Syrchalis, I absolutely love these, a visual cue!!! Usually vegetables keep growing and growing, but then are they ripe? Now you can look at them are in a glance.... why wasn't this in the game  ::)

Dismar please take your time to make it good, it's my favorite mod, rimworld needs vegetable garden to be complete

Syrchalis

Yeah that's the whole idea behind immature plant textures - so it's clear when they are past the 66% threshold of being able to be harvested.

Also thanks, my assets usually suck, but this time I feel like I've done an acceptable job.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

dismar

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 14, 2018, 06:29:38 AM
Yeah that's the whole idea behind immature plant textures - so it's clear when they are past the 66% threshold of being able to be harvested.

Also thanks, my assets usually suck, but this time I feel like I've done an acceptable job.

I've added this into the mod and went ahead and did most of the rest of the plants to have the shading for growth....

Syrchalis

I could probably come up with something for potatoes and hops too. Would probably just take a moment and some inspiration. Quick'n'dirty solution would be using the vanilla potato/hops as immature or ripe variant haha.

dismar

i'm really surprised that potatoes didn't get a new graphic for 1.0

Madman666

The most noticeable change in 1.0 to plantlife was making trees unavailable mostly :(

dismar

Quote from: Madman666 on July 15, 2018, 11:06:51 AM
The most noticeable change in 1.0 to plantlife was making trees unavailable mostly :(

My trees will still be everywhere!

Madman666

If they can't be grown under roof and use tree base class, which was made to take 12000 amount of work to sow... I ll probably be tweaking the values =) That change was rather useless. I wonder what did Tynan try to achieve with it. Aside from making wood more rare of a resource.

Also i like the idea of immature plants graphic representation, that rather cool :D

Syrchalis

Quote from: Madman666 on July 15, 2018, 11:33:15 AM
If they can't be grown under roof and use tree base class, which was made to take 12000 amount of work to sow... I ll probably be tweaking the values =) That change was rather useless. I wonder what did Tynan try to achieve with it. Aside from making wood more rare of a resource.

Also i like the idea of immature plants graphic representation, that rather cool :D

I'm going to talk him out of it =p

Either way, 4000 work is good, I tested it multiple times and it feels it's fair. More than B18, but bearable.

Madman666

I highly doubt he ll listen to you. He made it so quite deliberately, to make wood much more of a rare resource, so that people ll stop making profits of wooden art is my guess. Especially since you can't grow trees under roof, so in biomes with cold winters its double rare and harsh biomes just make wood non-existent. He also killed any profits from trading meals, so its like you call in a trader and can't do shit, because you don't have anything they want to buy lately... Its only clothing, drugs and weapons people still buy =(

Syrchalis

Well I suggested he focuses research more on the core projects, makes the side-projects cheaper, buffs the simple research bench to 75% and makes endgame research longer again. And he did just that, exactly all those things.

Either way, if he doesn't... it's REALLY easy to mod tree sow work.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
        <xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name = "TreeBase"]/plant/sowWork</xpath>
        <value>
<sowWork>4000</sowWork>
        </value>
    </Operation>

Madman666

He tends to like accepting suggestions that might make the game a bit harder (research amounts he made all take x2 time)

But yeah, i already have a solid actively growing list of things i am 100% gonna change and tree sowing, no trees under roof restriction and clothing change delays are all on that list already ;)