[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amnesiac

Hi, I think I found a bug with ironwood trees, it seems that my colonists will spend days at a time sowing ironwood trees, they take ages to sow, while a poplar tree takes only a minute, I couldn't find any obvious reason in the defs, any clues?

Canute

At my gameplay, Ironwood take just twice the time to plant then Oak trees.
If they take it so much longer to plant for you, i think another mod maybe interfere with it.
Try to move Vegetable Garden Project on top, right after the libaries mod and try to plant again.
And the opposite test, try it to move it at the end of the modlist if the previous didn't help.

Ofcourse don't forget to check your pawn, maybe he got traits that lower his abilities to grow, he is hurt or miss some manipulation (lost arm/hand/brain damage).

dismar

Quote from: Amnesiac on July 29, 2019, 03:12:25 AM
Hi, I think I found a bug with ironwood trees, it seems that my colonists will spend days at a time sowing ironwood trees, they take ages to sow, while a poplar tree takes only a minute, I couldn't find any obvious reason in the defs, any clues?

Hello! Sadly this is a bug. I dug thru the coding and found a few pieces of coding not updated from the beta 19 update. I have corrected the issue but wont have the updates pushed till this weekend.

Amnesiac

Hi! Well that's alright, I'm just glad you found something. Thanks much for the continued updates!!

dismar

Yay updates !

Please backup any old saves. Best to start a new game.

8/6/19 1.0d
Garden Fabrics / Simplified
-color gen for linen and hemp adjusted
-color of linen darkened
Canning
-spelling error in a description
Vegetable Garden
-Ironwood Floor description errors in other languages
Garden Resources
-new description for plants and items thanks to Eranderil Nix Grey
Tools
-bulk bill for compost starter
CoffeeTeaDrugs Policy
-mango and kiwi soda patched in drug policy

8/4/19
Garden Dyes
-recipe work stat incorrect

8/3/19
Garden Fabric Simplified Released
Garden Dyes Extended Created
-Items code added
-art work created
-testing begun

8/1/19
Soylent:
-Recipes rebalanced.
Green is 50% of a corpse nutrition value
Other colors are more like Pemmican in valued produced
-New item art work by CrustPeanut! Stack art added.

7/29/19
Garden
-Tree sow fixed
-Raw Fruit had the fodd poison bug fixed
Gourmet
-Tree sow fixed
Xtra Flower Trees
-Trees sow fixed

7/24/19
Adjusted the raw fruits food poisoning chance to match vanillas berries ( >2%)

All my mod's required a small update due to change in the About version code if no other change log then no other changes made.

E-102

Love all your mods mate can't play a game without them. Is there a wiki for all your plants? I'm trying to figure out the plant that has the most yield/time that I can combine with meat to make lavish meals or is it rice idk??

Canute

E-102,
i don't know about a wiki or spreadsheet about all the informations.
But i suggest to use Mint Menu
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0
that give you a better overview so you don't need to use the "i" all the time.

E-102

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2019, 06:29:26 AM
E-102,
i don't know about a wiki or spreadsheet about all the informations.
But i suggest to use Mint Menu
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0
that give you a better overview so you don't need to use the "i" all the time.
I use mint menus but I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for or what numbers to use to calculate yield/time. I'm probably just being really dumb but would it be growing time over harvest yield? Because some plants take time to grow but then they aren't cut completely when harvested so i don't know if the growing tim takes that into account.

Canute

Yes, for the most plants it is yield / growing time to get a yield/day value.
Some plant's don't need to been reseed each time, like the fruit tree's and the 2. harvest is faster then the first. They are harder to calculate.

dismar

Quote from: E-102 on September 20, 2019, 05:28:56 AM
Love all your mods mate can't play a game without them. Is there a wiki for all your plants? I'm trying to figure out the plant that has the most yield/time that I can combine with meat to make lavish meals or is it rice idk??

In rimworld it's all about the type of soil you plant on.

If it has a lower fertility then you want to grow Potatoes or Snow beats. Higher fertility (100%+) your better off with Corn, Rice, Cacti, and Beans.

dismar

Hydromancerx

Quote from: dismar on January 17, 2019, 08:03:10 PM
Hydromancerx now that is just weird!! but if you can make half way decent art for it... I will code you a small mod for it :)

Here is the art for the 3 sisters plants (see attachments). I made 2 versions ...

1. Corn + Beans + Pumpkin

2. Corn + Beans + Squash

They would grow like Corn i would think but instead would give all 3 crops at harvest. Since beans require 6, i would think it would require min farming skill of 6 or possibly more.

Many thanks in advance!

lofuy

Hi i have bug maybe, i can't craft cloth from cotton, i have the game in french and the mod too.
i can switch the game in english but it doesn't change anything. i may don't have the good research. i have only complex clothing done and an wooden electrical loom. so i hope you can resolve my mistake if i have done one.

Canute

Hi,
at first a suggestion for you when you use new mods.
HelpTab or WikiRim
https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-WikiRim
that mod allow you to browse your items and let your see what workbench and research you need if it is craftable.

To your problm, do you have cotton or cotton fibre ? Cotton fibre is needed to craft cloth at the loom. No research is needed.
You have Vegetable garden and Garden Fabrics activ as mod ?