[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lofuy

Quote from: Canute on November 01, 2019, 07:34:41 AM
Hi,
at first a suggestion for you when you use new mods.
HelpTab or WikiRim
https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-WikiRim
that mod allow you to browse your items and let your see what workbench and research you need if it is craftable.

To your problm, do you have cotton or cotton fibre ? Cotton fibre is needed to craft cloth at the loom. No research is needed.
You have Vegetable garden and Garden Fabrics activ as mod ?
thx a lot i love this mod you talk about me garden fabric and thanks to you because you make me found the "bug"
My bug was because i installed both garden fabric and fabric simplified and activate both of them, what a idiot i am now :p

lofuy

Quote from: Canute on November 01, 2019, 07:34:41 AM
Hi,
at first a suggestion for you when you use new mods.
HelpTab or WikiRim
https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-WikiRim
that mod allow you to browse your items and let your see what workbench and research you need if it is craftable.

To your problm, do you have cotton or cotton fibre ? Cotton fibre is needed to craft cloth at the loom. No research is needed.
You have Vegetable garden and Garden Fabrics activ as mod ?
thx a lot i love this mod you talk about me garden fabric and thanks to you because you make me found the "bug"
My bug was because i installed both garden fabric and fabric simplified and activate both of them, what a idiot i am now :p

carpediembr

Are the pawns suppose to drink coffee one after the other?

I've assigned Coffee as a "Social Drug", but I've seen some pawns drink 3-5 coffee cups one after the other. Is this a normal behavior?

dismar

Quote from: carpediembr on November 18, 2019, 01:45:23 PM
Are the pawns suppose to drink coffee one after the other?

I've assigned Coffee as a "Social Drug", but I've seen some pawns drink 3-5 coffee cups one after the other. Is this a normal behavior?

Depends in how unhappy they are. If you set it to social. They will use it.to deal with the issues of life. But there always could be an issue with conflict

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 31, 2019, 07:08:15 PM
Quote from: dismar on January 17, 2019, 08:03:10 PM
Hydromancerx now that is just weird!! but if you can make half way decent art for it... I will code you a small mod for it :)

Here is the art for the 3 sisters plants (see attachments). I made 2 versions ...

1. Corn + Beans + Pumpkin

2. Corn + Beans + Squash

They would grow like Corn i would think but instead would give all 3 crops at harvest. Since beans require 6, i would think it would require min farming skill of 6 or possibly more.

Many thanks in advance!

ok here is some more art using red lentils too. As well as the combo food baskets you asked for.

3. Corn + Red Lentils + Pumpkin

4. Corn + Red Lentils + Squash

Hydromancerx

And the basket ones ...

dismar

I was able to figure out and update some old coding to get this to work!

I will need some time to work this into a full mod tho. This is just a test to see if the coding could work.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

That's great news! The art looks better than expected in game.

Thank you for doing this for me!

Canute

dismar,
don't forget to check it together with Fertile Field mod.
That mod change the plant cut/harvesting to get plant scraps.

dismar

Quote from: Canute on November 20, 2019, 02:29:10 AM
dismar,
don't forget to check it together with Fertile Field mod.
That mod change the plant cut/harvesting to get plant scraps.

Thanks Canute, I did glance at the coding but it was not what I was looking for, Fields uses Hugslib to detour harvesting (simple way to explain) and I was looking for something more direct and simple. Cupro had a piece of coding that was perfect. Just needed to push it up to 1.0 and figure out how he was using it lol.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

To round out the combos i made blue corn. Maybe make it better suited for growing in arid climates.

Hydromancerx

And the combos with blue corn

5. Blue Corn + Beans + Pumpkin
6. Blue Corn + Beans + Squash
7. Blue Corn + Red Lentils + Pumpkin
8. Blue Corn + Red Lentils + Squash

Hydromancerx

And the last two ...

I almost made red or white corn but i thought the contrast of the blue would be a good addition to the existing colors of crops.

Canute

When i look at all these hybrid plants, i ask myself "Why these bioengineers don't create an improved berry/fruit".
Something like the vanilla berries, enhanced nutri each piece 0.25 instead 0.05, less yield/plant to compensate.
A mood buff like fine meals and maybe double fresh time.
But you will need rich soil or petter to plant these.
That plant would be the cook killer ! :-)

Hydromancerx

@Canute

These are actually just planting 3 crops in the same spot. No genetic engineering required.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Sisters_(agriculture)

"The three crops benefit from each other. The maize provides a structure for the beans to climb, eliminating the need for poles. The beans provide the nitrogen to the soil that the other plants use, and the squash spreads along the ground, blocking the sunlight, helping prevent the establishment of weeds. The squash leaves also act as a "living mulch", creating a microclimate to retain moisture in the soil, and the prickly hairs of the vine deter pests. Corn, beans, and squash contain complex carbohydrates, essential fatty acids and all nine essential amino acids."