[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

@dismar

After the comment from  Canute I decided to make the Pomato. Which i mentioned in an earlier post. The Pomato is a hybird plant of the potato and tomato using "grafting". So if this was made defiantly would want a "Plant Grafting" tech. And the 3 Sisters plants would have "Companion Farming" tech to unlock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomato

dismar

Sigh. SO much coding! Well this is everything I'm going to put into the mod. Just making it grow-able is only half the coding.

But here is the look of 3 sisters mod: Named VGP Three Sisters Plants
Currently half coded and not balanced :)
It is a stand alone and everything in the picture is the mod.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

If its a stand alone will it work with the food recipes and stuff for the food it produces? Like is it making a different pumpkin or the VC pumpkin? Also will the blue corn do the same stuff that normal corn can?

Also please make the 3 Sisters plants unlocked by a new tech called "Companion Farming" and the Pomato plant at new tech called "Plant Grafting".

dismar

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 21, 2019, 04:25:14 PM
@dismar

If its a stand alone will it work with the food recipes and stuff for the food it produces? Like is it making a different pumpkin or the VC pumpkin? Also will the blue corn do the same stuff that normal corn can?

Also please make the 3 Sisters plants unlocked by a new tech called "Companion Farming" and the Pomato plant at new tech called "Plant Grafting".

So the last thing I work on a mod is recipes and patches. The stuff that I brought over from the More veggies and garden mods, will work all the same as they do in the main mods.

So the next steps I need to work on are:
-Finish coding the plant harvests.
-Balance the grow time and yields for the new plants.
-Add the research.
-Mod patches
-Polish and shine. Bug fixes.
Release!

Chaos17

WoW, this new futur addon looks great. I never imagined such tech existed irl and it would fit so much for my medieval play through! Thank you so much for the research and work for this add on.

EnragedCabbage

Hello there,

first off, i love this mod Project. Great work, i couldnt play Rimworld without it anymore :D

Now i noticed somehow VGP made milk not usable as animal product in meals anymore, as  a substitute for meat i mean. Colonists simply treat it as a veggie. Eggs however work fine. I was wondering if thats intentional or if i'm encountering some soft of bug.
In case of the former could anyone give me some advice on how to tweak the mod to reverse it to vanilla behaviour? I looked at the XML files but didnt find anything that would alter milk to remove the animalproduct keyword. Sadly thats about as far as my modding expertise goes :P

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

555VICK

can you make a github download, I don't have dropbox and am not willing to get it and I don't have rimworld on steam so could you accommodate those of us who don't have those things

Canute

You don't need any account to download from drobbox.
Even a download tools works fine with drobbox links.

Only at Nexus you would need a free account.

dismar

Quote from: 555VICK on November 27, 2019, 02:06:02 PM
can you make a github download, I don't have dropbox and am not willing to get it and I don't have rimworld on steam so could you accommodate those of us who don't have those things

I offer 4 ways to get my mods

The download link of Dropbox and Nihao are cloud accounts that you don't need to login to get. And the drop box should not take you to the site and just automatically begin downloading.

Nexus you do need an account but it is mainly for my older versions of D?L and when I drop a new version for other options.

And Steam for those that use it. And this always has the newest version of my mod.

Hydromancerx

@dismar

How close is the release of "VG - Three Sisters"?

dismar

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 28, 2019, 01:33:11 PM
@dismar

How close is the release of "VG - Three Sisters"?

The plants are all coded, the code that makes the multi-crop harvest work is all coded for all the plants. Everything seems pretty well balanced in the game. I have been testing the crops in a game i'm playing.

Things to do:
-Research needs added
-Patches need wrote up
-More testing

But its a holiday week and I will be out of town for work next week. So im not sure when i'll get to the last part. But it is a working mod as of now. :) Just the back end needs done

dismar

I have completed the first RC of the sisters mod. And have begun testing phase. See you soon!

Hydromancerx

@dismar

I made one for an "Orchards Guild" style of companion planting. Normally it has Apples, Beans, Strawberries and Spinach. But VG has no spinach. So here is one just with Apples, Beans and Strawberries. 

dismar

thats cool

Hydromancerx

@dismar

And a variant with Red Lentils.

1. Apple + Beans + Strawberries
2. Apple + Red Lentils + Strawberries

(See Attachments)