[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heni

The reclaim Soil is not working on mud, and it says that work on mud, for now that is the only bug i have saw

dismar

Quote from: cst89 on December 02, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
Quote from: dismar on December 02, 2017, 10:27:56 AM
Quote from: cst89 on December 01, 2017, 01:16:44 PM
Hello, I would like to help with a translation of Vegetable Garden mod into Czech language. I'm ready for your instructions! Thank you for this awesome mod.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8997818/

Here is a video that will walk you thru how to make a translation. it's faster then explaining.

Thanks, but I couldn't understand a single word :( Also the video is not very good visible..  I understand I have to download some kind of software and open respective documents where I replace the text in english with the translated ones between the <codes>. Any other tutorial available?

AW CRAP! I meant to add, you only need to look at the video to see how to edit the language files.

So basically you need to go into the language folder, and copy English to say your desktop. Then Rename it to your language. Then you go into the files like the video shows and insert your language in place of the english as the video shows.

The example in the video shows Oven. And he changes it to Chinese.

Hope that is more help full!

dismar

Quote from: Heni on December 02, 2017, 01:29:12 PM
The reclaim Soil is not working on mud, and it says that work on mud, for now that is the only bug i have saw

What other mods you using that might be messing with it?

Have you tried moving Tools to the bottom of your mod load list?

cst89

Quote from: dismar on December 02, 2017, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: cst89 on December 02, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
Quote from: dismar on December 02, 2017, 10:27:56 AM
Quote from: cst89 on December 01, 2017, 01:16:44 PM
Hello, I would like to help with a translation of Vegetable Garden mod into Czech language. I'm ready for your instructions! Thank you for this awesome mod.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8997818/

Here is a video that will walk you thru how to make a translation. it's faster then explaining.

Thanks, but I couldn't understand a single word :( Also the video is not very good visible..  I understand I have to download some kind of software and open respective documents where I replace the text in english with the translated ones between the <codes>. Any other tutorial available?

AW CRAP! I meant to add, you only need to look at the video to see how to edit the language files.

So basically you need to go into the language folder, and copy English to say your desktop. Then Rename it to your language. Then you go into the files like the video shows and insert your language in place of the english as the video shows.

The example in the video shows Oven. And he changes it to Chinese.

Hope that is more help full!

Thanks, I understand the principle, but I can't find the application in the example (is the name "Oven" ?). Also I can't find the language folder in your mod Vegetable garden, as it was in previous versions. Does it mean that I have to go through every file to check if there are any texts available for translation?  Thank you for help!

dismar

Ever one of my mods has a Language folder in it. "\Vegetable Garden\Languages"
There is no program to download or use.
You just need notepad of word-pad.
Copy the English folder to somewhere to edit it.
Rename it to your language
Then just right click an xml file and change text inside the <label></label> like Rice to what rice is to your language...

dismar

Yay bugs fixes!

12/03/17
-Garden - Tea Adjusted
-Medicine - bulk cigs recipe fixed
-Medicine - A few drugs recipes have been fixed
-Resources - Jade plant added.
-Gourmet - Chair search radii increased

Canute

QuoteEver one of my mods has a Language folder in it. "\Vegetable Garden\Languages"
Only the latest B18 versions from you got these.
I downloaded the all in once pack, nearly at the beginning, and only a few projects got them.

cst89, when you don't see/have these Languages folders, download the latest version.

GrimTrigger

Has anyone else experienced flora not respawning after a winter?  Is there any known association with this bug and this mod?  The only other potential I can think of would be RF - Fertile Fields...

If someone can point me in the direction I would appreciate it.

dismar

If your grow time is less then plants growth time and your on a larger map it will never reseed. Even without mods.

When you first start a game the map is full after one or two winters it will empty out. As the map seeds from the outside in.

GrimTrigger

That makes sense, do you happen to know what those thresholds tend to be?

Edit:  So, I cant say that Im entirely convinced thats what I'm experiencing.  Ive seen parts of the edge of the map regrow already, after fires, while the center remains barren.

pipex2

Thx, Garden is reaally a great mod. I love to see my dining room full of all kinds of cuisines :)

But I hope I can grow coconut and apple and others plants, which are now listed as Wild plants... 

In A17 if I start on a snow map I would still build a greenhouse to grow every kind of plants n corps, just dun want to miss one of them.

frenchiveruti

Hey @dismar is it too much to ask for instead of a whole zip file make a folder where I can just download the mod I want, I had to update VG medicine and had to download all the mods once again because you bundle them together :)

braddensbane

Hi dismar! I've been a fan for VGP ever since I've started rimworld, it (combined with Fertile Fields, Seeds Please, and Wild Cultivation) has made agriculture an immensely rewarding challenge. I recently found a mod called Smokeleaf Industry that adds in Hemp Cloth (among other things) and I was wondering if it was compatible with VGP in general and VGP Medicine/Fabrics in particular. Thank you for all your hard work!

dismar

Quote from: braddensbane on December 15, 2017, 11:48:58 AM
Hi dismar! I've been a fan for VGP ever since I've started rimworld, it (combined with Fertile Fields, Seeds Please, and Wild Cultivation) has made agriculture an immensely rewarding challenge. I recently found a mod called Smokeleaf Industry that adds in Hemp Cloth (among other things) and I was wondering if it was compatible with VGP in general and VGP Medicine/Fabrics in particular. Thank you for all your hard work!

Yes a I've worked with the author and you should have no issues.

Zalpha

Hi I love your mod (and so does my brother), so thanks for making it and keeping it updated.

I hope the error log with Expanded Woodworking will one day be fixed but it works so I guess it doesn't matter. That is about the only thing I can think of that is a slight issue I have with the mod.

Why doesn't your mod have lettuce?

Also any chance of alien plant life being introduced for cultivating and as natural wildlife? I alway found it weird that an alien planet has hardly any alien life forms. I wonder if plant life could attack in some way.