[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

QuoteCanning
-Recipes updated and cleaned up
-Skill level 4 req for canning now.

Speaking of canning, I noticed a minor oversight: The canning factory will accept canned fruit (and possibly canned meat and veg) as an ingredient when making canned meals. So would the canning table last time I looked, but I could at least disable that.
[/quote]
nah canned fruit was just added. so it just needs fixed :)

Canute

Hi,
Compost barrel, since now most of vanilla workbenches are moveable, shouldn't the barrel moveable too ?
If i remember right the B18 version was moveable, but the B19 one not.

Jake

Quote from: dismar on October 01, 2018, 10:03:34 PMnah canned fruit was just added. so it just needs fixed :)
Thank you. Oh, and it applies to the canning factory recipe for canned vegetables as well if you didn't already catch that. Just noticed that yesterday.

Quote from: Canute on October 02, 2018, 02:40:23 AMHi,
Compost barrel, since now most of vanilla workbenches are moveable, shouldn't the barrel moveable too ?
If i remember right the B18 version was moveable, but the B19 one not.
As a workaround, try one of the "reinstallable everything" mods.

Canute

Anyone else got the problem,
that the VG meal's don't show up at the caravan packing window ?

Amnesiac

Any way you can change the time it takes to sow ironwood trees? it takes days just to sow a small plot because each tree takes way too long to sow
Also, if you want your positive effects from coffee/tea etc to look like positive effects rather than negative effects, add this line to your <HediffDef>

<defaultLabelColor>(1,0,0.5)</defaultLabelColor> This color is Magenta, but you can make it whatever
Also hope its okay to report these to you, they aren't a big deal at all, but there's another typo in Hediffs_FruitDrink.xml
Line 34 should be "Healthy Drink" instead of <label>Healty Drink, Feeling Better.</label>

dismar

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2018, 12:54:36 PM
Anyone else got the problem,
that the VG meal's don't show up at the caravan packing window ?

yeah i've heard something about it. its in my notes to look at this weekend.

Quote from: Amnesiac on October 03, 2018, 02:03:23 PM
Any way you can change the time it takes to sow ironwood trees? it takes days just to sow a small plot because each tree takes way too long to sow
Also, if you want your positive effects from coffee/tea etc to look like positive effects rather than negative effects, add this line to your <HediffDef>

<defaultLabelColor>(1,0,0.5)</defaultLabelColor> This color is Magenta, but you can make it whatever
Also hope its okay to report these to you, they aren't a big deal at all, but there's another typo in Hediffs_FruitDrink.xml
Line 34 should be "Healthy Drink" instead of <label>Healty Drink, Feeling Better.</label>

oh yeah my trees still have the pre release sow work :) Ill be cutting it half for the next update! and yeah I'm looking at coffee for the next update as well. i'll get that changed as well!

all added to the todo list, thanks

Amnesiac

Awesome, thank you!

I also found a bug with Olive trees, they seem to "rot away" after a year or so even when they've been harvested and they aren't fully grown.

https://i.imgur.com/CeNDD6g.png
https://i.imgur.com/tB5nDG2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y29RrVo.png
Maybe some hidden max timer for harvestable plants?

Syrchalis

It's just the plant's lifespan. It was 6x the growth time by default, but could be changed. I think it got changed to 9x by default in B19. Still, you can set it to anything.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Ruisuki

will any future updates also be applied to b19? i am afraid i cant resist starting a new campaign :p

Madman666

Hey @dismar two issues worth looking into:
- Tynan renamed psychoid pekoe to psychoid tea (in your research its still pekoe), moved its recipe to stove (your own bulk pekoe recipe is still at crafting spot). Also bulk psychoid tea can be unlocked before Psychite Brewing, which probably should be fixed.
- Trees in VG not only still use Tynan's crazy sowing times, but also can be sowed right next to each other like crops, which both looks and feels somewhat wrong. Nevermind. That adjacent sowing thing isn't VG thing, its some other mod. Sorry.

P.S. Sorry about not making side version of canning factory sprite - i was a bit preoccupied. I'll upgrade it a bit, i am not really satisfied with it as it is.

Ruisuki

hello i grew bored with the minimal attention cooking has in vanilla and am now inclined to try this as it looks very expansive. I am only wondering if all these additions have any effect on difficulty? Does it make it easier to survive since there are a couple crops that dont die as quickly compared to vanilla?

Canute

As long time VG user, i can say VG made it a bit easier.
Some beginning recipes like Grilled steak/kabob are very effective, and you are geting more nutri out of the resources then with simple meals.
And all VG meal's got some special bonis like increased manipulation or blood filtration.
And if you like variation, your pawn's will enjoy it when you made pizza or tacos for them, and later chocolate muffins.

Not to speak that VG allow's you to place rich/plowed soil and/or advanced hydroponics.

Madman666

They do affect difficulty hugely. Mainly by wastly expanding not only recipes, as Canute mentioned, but also by diversifying foraging. You can easily feed and heal people early game relying on foraging wild fruits, berries and healroot.

So if you like it brutally harsh and merciless - you probably won't like it much.

Ruisuki

oh no! Maybe I should try a modular version then

Madman666

Also its a drug mod. Once you stick it in your modlist - it stays there.