[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Dang i allways mess VG and FF.
FF got the plant scrap. I will ask dorf about it.

But i have no idea what mess up the recipe, and i use the latest downloadable release.
When it looks fine at your side, i just will ignore it.
Sorry for the trouble.

Dr_Zhivago

Can you add "Cactus fruit" to the "Dehydrated fruits" option for ovens?

Edit: I see they're classified as a vegetable, so perhaps you prefer them to not be in that category. Also note that when "RF Wild Cultivation" is installed alongside your mod, and with "SeedsPlease!" there is a minor conflict of 2 types of Agave seeds being generated. I've also let that mod author know.

Melrick

yo Dismar, i love your mods but, i would REALLY like it if you would make a full version of all the Vegetable Garden Project mods combined into one. why? so my modlist doesnt look like it has way too much mod in it.

dkurage

I second a unified mod. I use all of them anyway, so it'd def help clean up my mod list a bit and help keeping it organized a lot easier.

Canute

And you know there are more then just you 2, who dislike an all in one mod and want seperated mods !
When you keep all the VGP mods together at your modlist, it looks clean and compact.
And when you allready using 100+ mod's it doesn't made a different anyway.

At last all the VGP mods don't cause any "known" trouble like many other mods do, so you should more at mod's that cause error's at your logwindow them to look how clean your mod list are.

Smexy_Vampire

if you guys ask nicely he may do an all in one pack agin but it was a good idea to brake the main project up so people could pick and choose what they wanted to use.

qinlongfei

I would also be extremely grateful if dismar would release an 'all in one' version for Vegetable Garden Project since I use most of the plug-ins (and would surely use the rest if it's in an all-in-one version) since that makes rearranging my mod order much easier. That being said, with how much stuff this mod pack has it's probably not feasible to keep a separate plug-in version and a collected version while dismar is still adding new things.

Personally, I'd love to see some more food variation added to the Gourmet Garden plugin for late game lavish tier food. Don't get me wrong, I love what that plugin already does and seeing all these new food type added make my mouth waters in real life. Although I'd love it more where most new food doesn't become simple eye candy in late game where I have a settler with 15+ cooking skill and can make mass stew.

What I think would be very cool is maybe add some lower skill tiered recipe to upgrade some of the existing simple to fine tier meal into lavish tier (maybe add a 'lavish' or 'gourmet' in front of the food's name). Steak, Kabobs, burger and the two different kind of sushi rolls immediately come to my mind for a lavish tiered upgrade since pizza and cookie tend to be fairly cheap food in our real life but are lavish food in this mod.

Also kind of curious, which fishing mod is supported for Nigiri? I use RF Fishing and can't seem to find Nigiri in the stove.

Canute

QuoteAlso kind of curious, which fishing mod is supported for Nigiri? I use RF Fishing and can't seem to find Nigiri in the stove.
I use RF fishing mod and got "Prepare four Nigiri" at the stoves.

qinlongfei

Probably my load order in that case. If I remember correctly I installed Vegetable Garden Project before RF Fishing (in hindsight, that was pretty dumb) and was too lazy to properly organize it with how long Rimworld load whenever I rearrange its load order. Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Melrick

Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2018, 05:20:50 AM
And you know there are more then just you 2, who dislike an all in one mod and want seperated mods !
When you keep all the VGP mods together at your modlist, it looks clean and compact.
And when you allready using 100+ mod's it doesn't made a different anyway.

At last all the VGP mods don't cause any "known" trouble like many other mods do, so you should more at mod's that cause error's at your logwindow them to look how clean your mod list are.

Now, im not saying that he should remove the seperated mods...
but it would be nice to have a seperate download with all of the mods in one AND still keeps the download for the seperated ones.

dismar

This mod use to be one mod. And it got so big that a lot of ppl wanted it broke into parts. It took me two months of coding and patching between alpha builds to make this mod into the piece that it is.

It's not as simple as putting it back together. Some of this mod only happens in patching now.  And looking at the numbers a lot of the small pieces of mod are not used by everyone. Some ppl only wanted certain pieces of my mod to begin with. :)
I have no plans to recombine and run two versions of the mod.

I am also working on a new version of my mod lots and lots of patches to make it work better with other mods and a few other things ppl have asked for. Hopefully a weekend release for non-steam users.

bigheadzach

Quote from: dismar on December 13, 2018, 11:03:46 PMI am also working on a new version of my mod lots and lots of patches to make it work better with other mods and a few other things ppl have asked for. Hopefully a weekend release for non-steam users.

Christmas coming a week early! EEEEEEEE

dismar

Very large Update I've been working on for a while. As always backup you game if you are loading into an old save. Delete past version, do not copy over the old files!

All sources are being uploaded tonight. And I'll be working on a few pages like FAQ and Patches for Other mod pages. There was a ton of patches I've been writing for my mods.

12/22/18 1.0b
Garden /Tools
-Hydroponic plant coded changes
Fabrics
-New category in Raw resources for raw fibers.
-AnimalCollabProj patch for wool
-Thrumbo Extension patch added for wool
Resources
-New category under Plant matter for resource plants.
Drinks
-Wort moved to procursor in stockpile
-Mango and kiwi sodas added
(can only make them if more veggies is loaded.)

12/12
Tools
-Error with flower boxs fixed.

12/9
Drinks
-Patch for Misc robots++ added for Brewing
Gourmet
-Bucther spot and table now uses cooking tools instead of tool cabinet

11/30
Canning
-Small patch for LotR Unlimited. Canned meat was game breaking.

11/26/18
More Veggies
-Kiwi and Mangos added.
(If garden is loaded they become like other fruits, needing research, etc..)

11/25/18
Stuffed Workbenches and Decore mods no longer conflict.
Tools
-Hydro tables Fertility adjusted to match core. 280%/310%
-Planter box stuff cost adjusted
Drinks
-drinks missing from "joy givers" added
-soda's moved to new soda table.
-Brewing job added. Brewery,Soda table, and Barrels.
(Patch for Complex Jobs added for new work bill)
-Soda art uses stack count now. Thanks to Operative85!
Garden
-veg and fruit values adjusted value adjusted.
Gourmet
-Fishing Industry added back to recipes
-Project Fallout patch added back.
Fabrics
-Door Curtains patch added

11/18
Medcine
-Bulk Pys. Tea recipe stats corrected.
-healer mech won't cure my drugs
-color corrected for hediffs

Madman666

Awesome update, @Dismar, thank you for your time! Although adv. hydroponics for their cost 30% fertility boost to 310% is kinda of "meh" at best. Not worth it, imo.

dismar

Quote from: Madman666 on December 23, 2018, 06:56:20 AM
Awesome update, @Dismar, thank you for your time! Although adv. hydroponics for their cost 30% fertility boost to 310% is kinda of "meh" at best. Not worth it, imo.

30% better and does not need a light source?