[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I got 356% on Plowed soil with sprinkler and Biosolid fertilizer from Dub's hygiene.
I never liked the adv. hydroponics because of their high power need.
But when you got a good power supply, they are worth it.

But dismar i think you greatly hit your 2. goal with the modupdate.
The loading times got reduced !
Previously:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c82fb0ebec1d2396ca26fa902d701880
642ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod Vegetable Garden
224ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Fabric
273ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Garden_Gourmet
31ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Medicine
288ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Tools

Now:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/4a9bb53c8ed2d2c0b8facf6101eecb0d
239ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod Vegetable Garden
27ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Fabric
56ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Garden_Gourmet
11ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Medicine
92ms Loading assets of type UnityEngine.Texture2D for mod VGP_Tools

Some other times at the log got improved too.
Great work !!

Madman666

Quote from: dismar on December 23, 2018, 12:15:28 PM
30% better and does not need a light source?

I don't really see that as a big enough advantage. It is convenient, but still not worth the steel. Building standart greenhouses (plowed soil...) with sunlamps (which cost nigh to nothing in steel) might be a bit more power and space demanding, but you save heaps of steel and get nigh same fertility. And don't forget how fragile hydroponic plants are. Imo hydroponics could use a rebalance.

Melrick

I have a Suggestion!
i think Hot Cocoa would be a great addition besides tea and coffee, maybe you can craft it using Chocolate obviously,with Milk, and/or Sugar.
Maybe the effects it will give is Cold resistance or reduce Hypothermia and some other effects that i cant think of.

douglasw

so i just noticed that ironwood has a beauty of 300%, is that right? doesn't it defeat the point of jade and gold?

also this set of mods is a godsent

dismar

Quote from: douglasw on December 31, 2018, 10:32:15 AM
so i just noticed that ironwood has a beauty of 300%, is that right? doesn't it defeat the point of jade and gold?

also this set of mods is a godsent

So yes it has a beauty of 300% but it do not have the extra modifier that gold and jade has. So the end product of anything built will be lower. I did a quick test and everything built from the 3, ironwood was the lowest 16, jade was 6 points higher at 22, and gold was over double the beauty, at a whopping 40 beauty!

Canute

dismar,
could you take a look at the planter boxes material cost ?
Normaly i would ignore these box, but at the current colony it might be a solution.
Modular box:  1 dirt  4 material
Planter box: 4 dirt   20 material <- shouldn't that be cheaper then 4 modular boxes ?

vovik

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2019, 04:05:46 AM
dismar,
Normaly i would ignore these box, but at the current colony it might be a solution.
Planter box: 4 dirt   20 material <- shouldn't that be cheaper then 4 modular boxes ?

will fix that anyway

im going to integrate Fishing, Ore processing, Explosives mod,Garden tools and terraforming
So, what im going to do:
1. allow use of tnt for fisihing, mining at mining nodes. Feature.
2. use fertilizer, crushed coal (made from coal), and spawkweed to make tnt charges - coal, nitrogen and sulfur somthing is used to make powder(i dont remember actual ingridient names, tho sparkweed seems to generate something like sulfur and product is high-reactive). Recipe change.
3. add stations that allow terraforming ground in 3x3 area around them(require fertilizer to make garen and fertile soil; lots of work and fertilizer to terraform marshsy type of soil, mud, gravel, sand; cannot terraform stone - its a bit unrealistic, also there are planter boxes and hydroponics for that, also one cannot simply place soil on a rock and grow something there - it does not work that way). Because metagamng that counts for terrain cost and cost of terrain that counts in amount of work and ingridients. Balance change.
4. fishing node will allow for bill giving - its annoying that i cannot control how much fish i catch and when to stop, also will solve "carry fish after catch" as recipes have that option with more customization + integration with recipe changing mods. Major annoyance removal.
5. will turn most fish meat types into simple fish meat - its really annoying to have lots of different fish meat lying around taking space and since lobsters, crayfishes and snail can be used raw into food production and take time and effort for butchering these yielding less products - this is better option. Minor annoyance removal.
6. add fish`n`chips recipe - its annoying to butcher lots of little fishes that pile up and give not much of yield, just cook it with potatoes instead. Major annoyance removal.
7. will remove most terraforming recipes for terrain - really, developers made it that terran that has price is counted in raid generation, will stop that and use custom terrain transformation via code instead! Major annoyance removal. Game disbalance removal.
8. will remove most upgrades - game is simple as it is and bringing more complexity with home-brewn mechanics that work mostly in your mod is a bit strange. I understand that this is more realistic but its like a paid dlc, wanna get full version? pay! - how about full version from the start? Major annoyance removal.
9. will remove pile of dirt and lots of other things like different fish meat - its just a resource that again gets into home-brewn mechanic - vanilla pots dont need dirt, assuming that time that pawn goes around to take some dirt or sand for crafting is accounted into crafting time - its a simplification that game allows for. Minor annoyance removal.
10. will give all things and minified buildings their respective place in stockpile tree, if not done already

This is what i am going to do, i post this to ask for your opinion, permission i will do it anyway and open for suggestions.

Sorry for any inconviniences while reading.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

dismar

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2019, 04:05:46 AM
dismar,

I am currently thinking about the whole planter box and hydroponics in my mod. And suggestions are welcome at this time!

There is a thought with others of boosting the adv. hydros up a lot to make ppl want to use them over ground growing.

I always am looking for thoughts on tweaking the mods.

vovik : the whole FF mods series was started because that author did not like the way I was doing my tools mod. I've talked to him about it and he went off and made all his very cool mods.

The mods are the way that I see things. I don't add a bunch off stuff anymore as I don't make the art for my mods. I try to keep stuff in my mods simple but add a variety. So you won't always find things in my mods. Like fish and chips. That you might expect. 

My next project is working on the candy making mod. I want to have a stand alone version that adds a few new things into the game.

vovik

Quote from: dismar on January 05, 2019, 12:38:15 PM
I am currently thinking about the whole planter box and hydroponics in my mod. And suggestions are welcome at this time!

There is a thought with others of boosting the adv. hydros up a lot to make ppl want to use them over ground growing.

I always am looking for thoughts on tweaking the mods.

vovik : the whole FF mods series was started because that author did not like the way I was doing my tools mod. I've talked to him about it and he went off and made all his very cool mods.

The mods are the way that I see things. I don't add a bunch off stuff anymore as I don't make the art for my mods. I try to keep stuff in my mods simple but add a variety. So you won't always find things in my mods. Like fish and chips. That you might expect. 

My next project is working on the candy making mod. I want to have a stand alone version that adds a few new things into the game.

I am not adding bunch of stuff - just integrating those, so they can work better together like dynamite can be used for some barbaric fish catching, fertilizer can be used(and will be) for production of powder, some things are out of place and/or need fixing (like advanced hydroponics that give light and 80% additional fertility and still become pumpkin when electricity goes down), some break other game mechanics, some things are bugged and need to be fixed(and will be) and i will, of course, post modded variants with sources here
Mein Herz brennt

Madman666

Lolses. Played tons of hours with Vegetable Garden, never noticed anything "broken", "out of place" or "bugged". Ever thought about some people not seeing the picture the way you do? I assume "integrating" means you ll be just taking assets of this mod and also RFF and sticking into your own? Well thats fine, just don't forget to not publish it, before you ask for permission, opinion from both mod authors.

vovik

Quote from: Madman666 on January 06, 2019, 03:35:14 AM
Lolses. Played tons of hours with Vegetable Garden, never noticed anything "broken", "out of place" or "bugged". Ever thought about some people not seeing the picture the way you do? I assume "integrating" means you ll be just taking assets of this mod and also RFF and sticking into your own? Well thats fine, just don't forget to not publish it, before you ask for permission, opinion from both mod authors.
Mod of my own? No, just posting changed version here and in my own thread with link to mod author`s thread so people can access it.
Mein Herz brennt

dismar

Quote from: Madman666 on January 06, 2019, 03:35:14 AM

I've broke things a few times :) but you don't see it much on here. I test in the steam workshop. Most of the time ppl call something broken, but its just unbalanced. Like an extra 0 here and there. Or vanilla changing values and myself know seeing the change.

Mods are so easy to change and nothing is set in stone. And when even a few ppl say something is not good I take the time to look into it to see if a change is needed.

Madman666

The funny thing is - i use steam. I am only here to scout for some cool mods that don't make it onto steam for some reason :)

Hydromancerx

Please add the "3 Sisters" as a type of crop where it has corn, beans and pumpkin all in one plot. Thus giving you a harvest of 3 crops instead of just one crop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Sisters_(agriculture)

Hydromancerx

Also maybe the hybrid Tomato-Potato plant (aka "Tomtato") which yeilds both tomatoes and potatoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomato