[A17b]Error when launching A17 without mods

Started by Jan2607, November 18, 2017, 12:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

i switched back to A17b, because most of the mods I play with aren't updated yet.
But when I launch the game on A17b build and I don't have any mods activated, I get this errorlog in the mainmenu:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Calahan

If you switch between different alphas then the game will usually give some errors because there are likely references to stuff in the config file from one alpha that the other alpha doesn't recognise, and so logs errors about them. But this should only happen the once as the game automatically updates the config file each launch.

So does this error persist whenever you start the game? Or was it only one time? If the former then please post your log file (as an attachment). Details on where to fin it can be found in the pinned thread at the top of the bugs forum.

Jan2607

Yes, it shows up every time I start the game.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Calahan

That's odd then, as that sort of error usually sorts itself out after the first start. Please try exiting Steam, delete your config folder, and then relaunch the game. If that doesn't work then please try performing a full clean reinstall. Details on both of these can be found here (config file location can be found in #1):  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0