[β18] Colonist w/sleeping in bed stuck 'Resting' instead of Sleeping

Started by Chibiabos, November 18, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

Link to savefile:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OIWKQxupAAbtYTDdwofCa6dfiUOXYpEM  (filesize too big to fit in 600 KB post attachment limit; even .ZIPping I have been unable to get it below 2 MB)

This is a completely vanilla game (no mods).  Lisa has Sleeping Sickness; she is laying in bed, but her status is 'Resting,' which is the status colonists have when heading to bed, instead of sleeping.  She keeps getting 'stuck' like this.  Is this working as intended or a bug?
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report and especially the save file. As the latter really does help a lot.

Loaded your save and I'm pretty sure this is WAD. The only minor doubt I have is that I don't know how "strictly in the sense of the word" the devs want sleeping sickness to be portrayed in-game. If they intend it to make Pawns sleep 100% of the tine no matter what then this is a bug. But if sleeping sickness is just "disease #6, name = sleeping sickness", then this is WAD. Or at least sleeping sickness and diseases in general have (I think) worked like this since they were added.

Pawns will automatically wake up when their rest bar hits 100% and then won't / can't sleep again until it goes down to 75%. So if you watch Lisa closely you'll see this is what she does, sleep from 75%>100%, then rest from 100%>75%. Rinse repeat until the illness is gone or you remove/lower the bed rest priority.

I'll leave this open in case the devs did intend sleeping sickness to be unique, but otherwise I'm pretty sure it's WAD.

Wanderer_joins

Lisa is resting in bed because she's sick and her bed rest priority is set to 1. If you want her to get to work you just have to lower the priority of bed rest.

Resting in bed gives a boost to immunity gain factor (110% vs 100% out of bed), so it's up to you to decide to keep her in bed or have her do other tasks by lowering the prio of bed rest. Just make sure she gets good quality treatment and check immunity vs severity of the disease.

Calahan

I think Chibiados is more referring to Lisa "resting" instead of "sleeping" (which you might expect from a Pawn with sleeping sickness) rather than Lisa being in the bed itself (or at least that's how I read the OP, although I could be wrong in my reading of it).

ison

I think it's working as intended.

If the problem is that the pawn is resting instead of working, then it's because of the "Bed rest" priority.
If the problem is that the pawn is resting instead sleeping, then it's fine, colonists don't sleep all the time (and sleeping sickness doesn't affect it).

Thanks for reporting anyway.