Help I'm a moron and I don't know how to update Rimworld

Started by CucumberedPickle, November 19, 2017, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CucumberedPickle

This problematic human error is making me sad and feel like an idiot.
I got the game off the website and I don't know how to update it.
Supposedly I am supposed to go to the same page where I got the game...?
Please help urgently I need those labels on the globe.

Also, the species "cow" should be renamed cattle. If you look at the info of a cow or a bull it says Species: Cow, even though that's not right.
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Cala13er

If you bought the game through the website. You'll get an email containing a SendOwl Link to your download.

CucumberedPickle

Quote from: Cala13er on November 19, 2017, 11:06:52 AM
If you bought the game through the website. You'll get an email containing a SendOwl Link to your download.
I didn't receive one. How long is this supposed to take?
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Shurp

Did you receive an email when you originally purchased it?  Or from one of the prior updates?  That link still works.

There probably will be another SendOwl update email but you don't have to wait for it, your old link is still good (if you saved it).

BTW, the download counter hasn't reset yet.  I assume that will happen when the next sendowl update occurs.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Missing your download email?
Once you download the latest release,
delete the old rimworld install, there is no uninstall, just delete.
Unzip/copy it to your favoured place.