Rimworld Succession Game

Started by minimurgle, November 19, 2017, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimurgle

Rimworld Succession Game(RSG) formerly Rimworld Round Robin(RRR) is now looking for players for B18. If you wish to join we do all communication through this discord: https://discord.gg/byvfUpd

If you don't know what a succession game is, it's where one person starts a save then plays for a set amount of time. After that it's passed onto the next person and the cycle repeats. In our case the save is passed onto the manager and they pass it onto the player. This makes sure that we can keep backups of the save and check it after each turn to make sure the rules were followed.

Who's running this?
RSG is run by two people. I handle community stuff such as this post and general moderation of the server. XeoNovaDan manages the event. He set's up the save, passes it on, and generally runs things.

Rules and Info

• Difficulty, scenario, world-gen, and landing site will be decided via survey.
  • Each player will have 4 real life days to complete their turn. Extensions are available if a valid reason is provided.
  • Each turn will be 15 in-game days. If you end up going over/under by a day or two that's fine so long as you have a reason.
  • If you can't make a turn contact either me or Xeo and we can bump you back a few slots.
  • If you miss your turn without contacting us at all we will assume you lost interest and remove you from the list.
  • You may be put back onto the list if you contact me or Xeo and provide an explanation as to why you missed your turn.
  • You will be required to write up a history posts and submit them to this thread. That way it keeps all the story in one place. You can find the format here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FARGvrzkzHhehgNvXkW1Mx6XYvINPGkjG4BPsXqCo3w/edit?usp=sharing
  • No kill boxes please. No one will mind if you create some efficient defenses but the game is no fun for anyone if all the raids are decimated.
  • Nobody can stop you from doing what you want with the save but please refrain from doing anything that would ruin the fun for people. Launching the colony into space would be one of those
  • We will NOT be using mods this run. We will use them in future runs.

How to join

• Click the discord link
  • Leave a message in #participation_requests

FAQ

Q: Can we add a mod?
A: Probably not in this run, but maybe later.

Q: Can we use a mod that isn't part of the pack?
A: Absolutely not. That has the potential to break everything.

Q: How can I get notified when it's my turn?
A: Through discord you can download the desktop or mobile app and turn on the appropriate notification settings.

Q: If the line gets too long will you create another group?
A: That is the plan yes. Though when that'll be is not known.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

MCreeper

Is this ever worked? Joining anyways, i guess. Where saves are stored?

minimurgle

Quote from: MCreeper on November 19, 2017, 12:01:50 PM
Is this ever worked? Joining anyways, i guess. Where saves are stored?

Saves will most likely be stored in google drive.

Yoshida Keiji

Monkson

For the virus question, Google Drive scans for viruses/ETC on uploads and downloads. Your own AV program will scan the file as well and you should manually scan it. My two cents and ultimately its up to you if you want to download.

Yoshida Keiji

I want to join but I registered a Discord account in May and never used it yet and I get a message saying that I need to "Claim" my account and after I type everything it says: e-mail already registered and it blocks me, I can see a chat window but cannot post any message.

minimurgle

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 21, 2017, 11:18:08 AM
I want to join but I registered a Discord account in May and never used it yet and I get a message saying that I need to "Claim" my account and after I type everything it says: e-mail already registered and it blocks me, I can see a chat window but cannot post any message.

Judging by the fact that you left a message in the discord I'm assuming you figured it out?

Yoshida Keiji

Yes, I'm fine now. I sent a message to the admin and got a step by step guidance. The unclaimed status was a situation in which I was already logged into the Discord account but needed a 2 step confirmation. So I was told to actually log-out first and then proceed naturally like any other website. It is a strange thing to be ask for authentication while already "in" the account.

PSS

Can I join, please? I wrote a message to #participation_requests. Playing RimWorld since Alpha 3 or something like that.