Thanks for the many hours of fun gameplay, Ludeon

Started by Saphy, November 19, 2017, 08:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saphy

Hey Ludeon,

I don't use Twitter and I didn't see an email anywhere so I didn't know how else to send a "fanmail". I've sunk many hours of time into this game and none of them were wasted. It's such a joy (and sometimes infuriating!) to play. Being in college in a very stressful and competitive environment, it's nice to have something to entertain me so effectively once in a while You guys have really outdone yourselves. I don't know if any of you will see this, but keep up the good work and thank you so much. I really appreciate you guys.

~Saph

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Perq

I'd love to add to that.
Not only the game Ludeon made is great (and there is more to come), but also these guy's attitude is something to search for in current days of game development.
You can really see that they are into this. They cares about their game and listen to the feedback. But they keeps their vision and focus on what they want to do. I've already seen games that were out of focus and drifted in early access for eternity, achieving nothing for years... (person who makes art for RimWorld probably can tell something about it, eh heh).
RimWorld progresses slowly, but steadily. It is quite clear that Tynan knows what he wants to do with the game, even if the details aren't set in stone.

So yeah, thanks for the great game Ludeon. :)

And well, derp, we have no micro-transactions asshattery here, so... yeah. That is sad it is a notable feat nowadays, but a feat nonetheless. :P
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

Chibiabos

+1 to this. :)  Tynan's made computer gaming addictive again. XD
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Sirportalez

Quote from: Chibiabos on November 20, 2017, 05:14:14 AM
+1 to this. :)  Tynan's made computer gaming addictive again. XD

And the best thing is: He gets it done without stupid crates, lootboxes and so on

kenmtraveller

+1, I've played this game for well over 1000 hours.  It's really something special.
I was a little sad to hear it was going beta, because each new feature has expanded my enjoyment of the game --  but hopefully that's so you can start working on Rimworld 2!

Ken

anotherrimworld

Quote from: kenmtraveller on November 20, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
+1, I've played this game for well over 1000 hours.  It's really something special.
I was a little sad to hear it was going beta, because each new feature has expanded my enjoyment of the game --  but hopefully that's so you can start working on Rimworld 2!

Ken

+1 This. Please take my money for #2. Multithreading/Multiplayer would remove any other need for other games