[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

tresflores

any timeline for making your gun mods combat extended compatible?

Chicken Plucker

Announcement:

Hello all, I'm writing this message on phone. May 4 2018 was a spectacular day where everything Ive done wrong caught up with me, and it has led to my computer's HDD death.

I can't see recovering from all the lost work especially since my university degree is also in play now, the computers death has caused me to not submit the work due and now I've lost quite a lot.

I'm temporarily away until things are restored, project red horse is on hold and so is my future for now.

I don't lose faith in the Lord for this catastrophe that came about, because Romans 8:28 "in all things God works for the good of those that love him."

Sorry for all the unanswered questions and lack of replies, I'm in a bit of a pickle, but whatever is available for now in this mod list I hope you all have fun and that you have better days ahead than I've had. Cheers.

Heni

Plucker, can you please make the Bulk IFAK Medicine and Bulk the BAG medicine, they are very usefull, thanks for you hard work team!

Gerrymon

Breakdown events is a btch. Hopefully you got a decent constructor that capable of fixing your things there. Ok I am sorry.
Thats really terrible. Hope it wont get worse from now. Dont lose hope, we'll be waiting for you!

Jackalvin

-Sad Titanic music butchered on a flute-
I'm sorry about your computer, focus on not failing college or whatever wtf even is a degree oh no i'm never getting into college

-ahem-, anyway...
It appears that you do faction work, correct (I know, I need to sound polite tho)? Ever think about making gear for G.O.Is from the S.C.P Wiki? Like the G.O.C or the C.I?

Just asking...
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Madman666

Well. I sure hope you'll be able to restore whatever you lost on that broken HDD of yours and successfully complete your work. Stay strong. It'd be really sad to leave that nice project Red Horse unfinished.

Fenocide

Does anyone have a reliable method for dealing with rocket launcher guys? Besides "just shoot them LOL." Grenade launchers are hard, but at least can be outranged. Losing a decent colony because Umbra had 8 RPGs to spare.

Canute

That's why i got at last a few brawler with me.
Ambush them at some corner or behind a wall.
Of if you like to use even simpler, use Rim of Magic.
You can either summon them to you, use elemental/turret as decoy or whatever.

Chicken Plucker

MASSIVE UPDATE BAYBEEE

I'm back.  8)

University grades came in, I will be graduating by the end of June/July and I have a new HDD refining the recovered files to get back into modding.

I have been in progress updating DOOM Factions in the Red Horse thread in "Unfinished" Sub-Forums.
I wanna thank the Lord for everything, and all of you here who come by to play with these chicken lickin' mods.

Special thanks to Canute for being Canute

Quote from: Heni on May 05, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
Plucker, can you please make the Bulk IFAK Medicine and Bulk the BAG medicine, they are very usefull, thanks for you hard work team!
As requested, there is now a bulk bill to craft IFAKs and medic bags. (Rimmu-Nation and US Military Kit only, the factions that use these medicines do not have the bulk crafting in their coding stuff)

Quote from: Gerrymon on May 06, 2018, 12:15:47 PM
Breakdown events is a btch. Hopefully you got a decent constructor that capable of fixing your things there. Ok I am sorry.
Thats really terrible. Hope it wont get worse from now. Dont lose hope, we'll be waiting for you!

HEY GERRY!

Quote from: Jackalvin on May 07, 2018, 09:16:37 AM
-Sad Titanic music butchered on a flute-
I'm sorry about your computer, focus on not failing college or whatever wtf even is a degree oh no i'm never getting into college

-ahem-, anyway...
It appears that you do faction work, correct (I know, I need to sound polite tho)? Ever think about making gear for G.O.Is from the S.C.P Wiki? Like the G.O.C or the C.I?

Just asking...

Played SCP Secret Laboratories, definetely wanna do C.I. probably after everything else major

Quote from: kis12134 on April 25, 2018, 05:07:26 PM
Have you thought about adding some weapon racks and ammo crates as storage? The ones most mods have don't really have a military look to them, which is a real shame.

Yes I have thought about it, I may worry about it some other time though since it's no real pressing issue and I have got major plans for more factions, especially US Military and DOOM Demons

Quote from: tresflores on April 25, 2018, 05:58:48 PM
any timeline for making your gun mods combat extended compatible?

Sorry, there is none, I didn't wanna spend a long time trying to figure out the complicated CE rules and coding, cause during that time I could be producing more and more new mods.

Though if I get help here sometime with someone who already knows CE patching, I'll just have to copy+paste and a patch for Rimmu-Nation and others would be up just like that.

Quote from: Fenocide on May 16, 2018, 02:53:03 AM
Does anyone have a reliable method for dealing with rocket launcher guys? Besides "just shoot them LOL." Grenade launchers are hard, but at least can be outranged. Losing a decent colony because Umbra had 8 RPGs to spare.

May fix this later, but Run and Gun mod that helps you keep moving. Helps a lot since mobility is key in real combat. (although the enemy gets to fire while they move too, rip)

There's also using your own Rocket launcher guys, while someone fast takes the heat, or you just have a wall to keep the enemies out long enough, and once they break through, you would have the advantage as long as your colonists can have enough firepower to kill the ones coming through fast enough.

There's also using the PC Comms in Military Furniture, lets you call for reinforcements at times like these, but obviously if you don't have a lot of silver, you won't have a friend to have your back all the time. The Mailbox trade beacon lets you send silver to other factions early on.

There were plans for reinforcements or tank production, but that's a far off project I'd have to hire Jecrell for.

Last but not least, the endgame solution, power armors and some futuristic energy weapons from other mods, I recommend Rimmu-Nation's Longbow 1S-1K since it does 1000 damage to anything, but clearly, that's endgame and not everyone can afford fancy laser sights and body enhancing power armor.

Sorry for my limited strategies here, there's really a ton of ways to go on about it, I ended up getting destroyed by HOUND units, cause their railguns are more dangerous than the rocket launchers, plus they don't die due to the power armor vs my normal bullets. Reinforcements using the PC Comms table is what saved my colony except for 3.

Chicken Plucker

Uh guys.. I made a mistake. Real mass updates are now live.

I apologise for the double post, but this was an emergency  :-[

Madman666

You have no idea how cool it is to have you back, CP! Welcome back.

Chicken Plucker

Defection

Rezonance

Can you do something about rocket launchers? I saw a 8 man raid of soldiers from the ghost stalker faction and 2 of them were carrying LAWs which basically killed my colonists after a few shots. The soldiers were carrying smoke belts to make matters worse which prevents from being picked off and allows them to just fire rockets all day. I feel like there's just no counterplay to long range explosives in this mod. At least in vanilla, doom/triple launchers have a very long warmup before it fires and have shorter ranges than the sniper rifle.

Canute

Let me suggest
- use guerilia tactik, shoot at them when they move, once they stop hide behind the corners.
- use brawler, hide until they are close or need to pass a narrow passage.
- Use Rim of Magic mod, and summon some elementals/turret before their nose.