[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 06, 2018, 07:14:16 PM

Umbra Company will now have old Russian Tanks, I started a new poll. I might change their tanks, I might not. Need opinions if anybody wants me to allow this faction to have orbital bombardments to use against your colony

Edit:

War Doggos

Wow those dogs are looking really great.

ChaosChronicler

I voted yes but only on the condition that there is a counter balance (like a heads up)

asquirrel

Those mother lovin' Orassans bomb me left and right anyway.  Bring on tanks and airstrikes.  That's what the reload savegame button is for. 

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys! progress report, the tanks look terrifying in the game especially with all the explosions they bring, though it makes me a bit sad there's no engine noises or things getting destroyed along it's path. Oh well, they behave like mechanoids so they're still pretty awesome.

RyanRim

Lemme guess, the Umbra Comp is actually Umbrella Corporation. Wait why do they use tanks then. But hell yea to war doggos and kittens.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

ChaosChronicler

I don't know. I feel as though they should be drones than actual crewed tanks if they are behaving like mechanoids. Would be an interesting background for them, taking salvaged mechanoid A.I and throw it in a custom H.K like body:

asquirrel

Freaking awesome!  Are there pawns inside the tanks?  Are you using code from a vehicle mod?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: RyanRim on January 07, 2018, 05:18:26 AM
Lemme guess, the Umbra Comp is actually Umbrella Corporation. Wait why do they use tanks then. But hell yea to war doggos and kittens.

No, they are based off Shadow Company from Modern Warfare 2 and they will have war doggos with body armor, as homage to the COD Ghosts memefest where they had to announce that the newest thing they added in the game are "dogs"

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on January 07, 2018, 01:00:28 PM
I don't know. I feel as though they should be drones than actual crewed tanks if they are behaving like mechanoids. Would be an interesting background for them, taking salvaged mechanoid A.I and throw it in a custom H.K like body:

Hey there, thank you and yes I agree they have to be UGVs to make sense. So far I was testing and I wasn't sure what to decide yet

Quote from: asquirrel on January 07, 2018, 03:50:38 PM
Freaking awesome!  Are there pawns inside the tanks?  Are you using code from a vehicle mod?

I am not using the vehicle mod, too buggy, instead they will be a "UGV" race, unmanned ground vehicles that are based off the mechanoid. I don't have C# skills unfortunately, to make these mountable vehicles

asquirrel

Not to be morbid or cruel, but can you have dogs with explosives on them that can charge the enemy and then blow up when they are right on top of the enemy? Or maybe run up to the enemy, drop off the bomb and then run for it while things go boom?  When will your tank update be released?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on January 07, 2018, 05:40:59 PM
Not to be morbid or cruel, but can you have dogs with explosives on them that can charge the enemy and then blow up when they are right on top of the enemy? Or maybe run up to the enemy, drop off the bomb and then run for it while things go boom?  When will your tank update be released?

Only if you are forever plagued the rest of your game with the occasional howl, chirp, and cry from the ghosts of your puppers, forever reliving your horrible nightmare. You will never, ever forget what you have done.

Chicken Plucker

UC tank types are changed, BTR-70 and M551 Sherridan.

Quote from: asquirrel on January 07, 2018, 05:40:59 PM

Hey there, doesn't sound like Umbra Company's type of tactic, I think they're the kind that would burn down villages if they were ordered to, but not blow up their own war doggos

Chicken Plucker

progress report on Umbra Company, the tanks are pretty ceeoooool, ran into problems with sizing and the right quality or sounds, but it's all sorted. It's optional for me to add another MBT or just keep things as-is

SpaceDorf

Wow .. just wow.

I saw the new sprites on my mobile first, where they allready looked amazing, but now on a real screen the look even more so.

And again I wish I could create half as beautiful textures as you.
Thanks again for the little guy.

Now I wonder if those Tanks are compatible with Giddy-up!  ::)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 02:32:18 AM
Wow .. just wow.

I saw the new sprites on my mobile first, where they allready looked amazing, but now on a real screen the look even more so.

And again I wish I could create half as beautiful textures as you.
Thanks again for the little guy.

Now I wonder if those Tanks are compatible with Giddy-up!  ::)

Oh, my, GOD. I'm thinking about swapping in certain kitty-kat named tank sprites, Hugo Boss manufactured attire outfits, and making all enemy factions have Polish flags. I can finally become a suave looking tanky-boi and crush Slavic hopes and dreams.

Something like this

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.