[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

tonsrd

Quote from: Madman666 on June 16, 2018, 12:54:53 AM
Quote from: tonsrd on June 15, 2018, 07:49:48 PM
Do you use Cass-extreme StoryTeller or do you use modded ? ( can you change storyteller mid-game ,ive never tried )

No, i don't like Cassandra, she s too predictable. I play mostly Randy, Intense on the start and switch to Extreme midgame.

I use Pandora StoryTeller ( higher larger raids. )
and some other mods that I can change the value of in-game to depend on my mood,
-like the % of downed pawns dieing on down ( default is 67% )
-% of ppl dead before a raid flees ( default is 50% )

you spoke in another thread about you were mid-game and weren't getting the sizeable raids ud like have you tried Pandora ?

Madman666

No, I am happy enough with my hysterical pal Randy, that either gives me a calm times to get creative with my base or just causes insufferable hell of diseases, raids and other fun things depending on his wild mood swings. So i avoid using modded storytellers, since i just feel no need in them. Pirate raids as i said in that other CP's thread - are getting crazy big, just new elite factions don't (can't say i am that dissapointed about that).

Getting back to what i said there - i doubt CP will balance difficulty of his mod (someone there was complaining about enemies coming with too many LAWs being too hard) around modded storytellers, that throw original balace out of the window, dramatically modifying raid sizes and quantities.

calantlar

Got a few questions for you.
1. Any chance you could add something to the mod settings menu to allow us to disable vehicles spawning for the various factions?

2. Could we have say a Panzerfaust 3 or a M3 MAAWS orr really any Western reloadable Anti-Tank weapon? (Seeing dudes with AT4's shooting repeatedly hurts "Muh Immurshions" a bit lol)

3. Any plans to add vehicles, UGV's, drones or anything of the sort that the player can make use of?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on June 11, 2018, 05:50:26 AM
How much he requests for his services, by the way, if its not confidential? I am gonna start learning C#, but while am still useless at it, i might as well help out by throwing a few bucks your way, since i am one of the most interested in those reinforcement changes :P

The reinforcement in the works were $15, but the stuff I was doing was combined 100+

I would never seek for funding from others, I have gotten suggestions for Patreon, but my work here is free and I don't wanna ask for mulah, for dough, for dosh, for the green, the wonga, the dollar, the badabingbadaboom due to personal issues.

It's not pride, it's that I think the money of others can go to better use since I have a working computer, shelter, food and a comfortable bed. I have no need of donations or patreon, but at the same time, I am not knocking on others who do use them since I don't know their circumstances, I just know that I am just fine and I will use my own quid, my own mammon, my own bread and butter, my own papuh, my own money for my projects.

Quote from: calantlar on June 17, 2018, 08:42:46 AM
Got a few questions for you.
1. Any chance you could add something to the mod settings menu to allow us to disable vehicles spawning for the various factions?

2. Could we have say a Panzerfaust 3 or a M3 MAAWS orr really any Western reloadable Anti-Tank weapon? (Seeing dudes with AT4's shooting repeatedly hurts "Muh Immurshions" a bit lol)

3. Any plans to add vehicles, UGV's, drones or anything of the sort that the player can make use of?

1. At 1.0 I might do a mod version with no UGVs for the ones who do have them. A mod setting wont be possible since that needs a C# master, which I am not, neither can I afford services at the moment.

2. Sure, I'll do MAAWS, and I actually didn't know AT4 and RPG-27 was one time use only before since I don't actually have knowledge of this stuff, but I will fix them in a future patch (not for now though, sry, rip)

3. Project Red Horse thread in unfinished section had planned reinforcements that were free for factions with high relationships, free supplies and arming from factions like US Armed Forces and etc. And produceable UGVs that can help carry stuff in caravans, and for combat use.

Sadly all that cool C# stuff is on hold, due to a broken hard drive and other money related issues, Jecrell, who I seek for paid commissions, is not available to help with these things.

Announcement:

Project Red Horse is on hold, development is on hold thanks to 1.0 and the many changes. I have to update everything.

Steam version will come out without the planned backstory short films since I find it unfair that those who have been waiting this whole time for B18 steam have to wait some more cause 1.0 rolled along. I think I'll release the beta stuff there soon.

Also, many UGV changes coming, special thanks to Albion who coded C# stuff free of charge, what a guy!

Madman666

Amazing news. I wonder will you be rebalancing all the fabulous gear your mods have? With armor mechanics overhaul that is. Its now a chance to just completely shrug off a hit rather than reduce damage by N%. I d imagine it'll be quite the pain to fine-tune armors now.

Also with new "diplomacy" mechanic and "ally" faction state its an amazing update for Project Red Horse, with reinforcement calls and all that! :)

cerebralpolicy

Hey chicken, is there any way you could make some Canadian uniforms? Just to complement the US and British forces.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on June 19, 2018, 01:58:01 PM
Amazing news. I wonder will you be rebalancing all the fabulous gear your mods have? With armor mechanics overhaul that is. Its now a chance to just completely shrug off a hit rather than reduce damage by N%. I d imagine it'll be quite the pain to fine-tune armors now.

Also with new "diplomacy" mechanic and "ally" faction state its an amazing update for Project Red Horse, with reinforcement calls and all that! :)

Sounds exciting for me! I do wanna play and see that new stuff but.. updates.  :'( :'( :'(

Quote from: cerebralpolicy on June 19, 2018, 04:40:07 PM
Hey chicken, is there any way you could make some Canadian uniforms? Just to complement the US and British forces.

If I ever finish the billion years updating everything, I will release a small Canadian faction with the US just because everyone keeps asking me to make Canada a faction. pls

New UGV overhaul update is out, also steam releases. Not the release I intended without the fancy presentations, but whatever. 1.0 coming soon and its gonna be a pain catching up.

Umbreon117

Good news: I can confirm that the "Drop things out of dead vehicles" works...at least for the first time I fought a vehicle. Haven't fought any others yet.

Bad news: Two of my colonists almost died, with a other almost losing a leg.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

Craft or buy him a new shiny bionic leg, or regrowth it with a druid ! :-)

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canute on June 21, 2018, 02:46:27 AM
Craft or buy him a new shiny bionic leg, or regrowth it with a druid ! :-)
1: Don't have Rimworld of Magic installed.

2: No need, he heal perfectly fine.

Side note: Trader came by the next day. And what did they have? Just a couple of bloody Law's.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Adamiks

This thread needs a solid description of what the stuff in modpacks actually does

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Adamiks on June 21, 2018, 10:44:47 AM
This thread needs a solid description of what the stuff in modpacks actually does

This is why I leave a steam link that has proper previews, if the mod is unreleased for steam, there aren't any.

I didn't wanna make single threads each time like before, and I needed a quick n' easy way of having a modlist with conserved space.

In summary: Laziness

Adamiks

Yeah, i'm even lazier cause i haven't noticed the steam links before, just scrolled through and assumed it just adds a bunch of equipment. Sorry for that.

tonsrd

just faced my first hound "raid" 6 guys I "SaveScummed" 30 times ( just to watch them kill freindlies over and over, not coz I lost pawns and was trying to fight them all )

samespot + hound raid = all my guys died in 2 seconds ( first contact without freindlies ) - it was fun -

-ive got a bug where a "normal" pirate raid only send 1 guy im 60 days in with 500k wealth ( 100mods and custom scenario ) but sends "mod factions with normal 6-12 *shrugs*, ive removed normal and just use modded factions for now.

Elias0311

********UPDATED 7-ZIP *****************

:)

Hey I keep trying to download your mods but it wont open the zip file.  Can i get some help please?  It will download, but then it gets to a page

"it tells me whoops, there was a problem with the preview"

what am i doing wrong, could i please get some assistance?

*iam clicking on the little chickens.  is there another download?

[attachment deleted due to age]