Rimworld: Another Excellent Game with the Ultimate Flaw.

Started by Edmon, November 20, 2017, 06:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orty

Quote from: Edmon link=topic=37020.msg385433#msg385433
I don't know how to explain it to you other than this.

No, it's very easy to understand what the point has inflexibly been for the last 6 pages, and easy to see why people got frustrated with that.  There are many reasons to believe that closets aren't the answer to a flaw that one person perceives, and many have been offered here.  It would be great if this were a real discussion about efficiency that could lead to some revelations, but the OP can't acknowledge the many valid points against the idea, and only restates the same isolated complaint over and over.  Just a bad thread, I guess...

mangalores

Quote from: Edmon on December 15, 2017, 11:22:43 AM...

Many of the things you've mentioned may "speed up pawns" and thus make movement faster, but that doesn't have any where near the impact of not having to move at all in the first place.

Yes, so what? Me thinks you have fundamental misconception what a game is. All games have optimal game strategies and only competitive games have variable game strategies based on the opponents choice of strategy. Rimworld has no equal opponent.

Resource and optimization of production chains is the fundamental goal of a base building game. Of course, that is what Rimworld boils down to because that is the type of game it is. You can bring the same argument about any base building game.

Starcraft has optimal builds, too. It gets its complexity of the permutations of 3 vs. 3 distinct gameplays. You have not found a great revelation of a gamebraking flaw but the baseline of how game design is done.