[B18] Crystalline Technologies (v0.3 out!)

Started by Halno, November 20, 2017, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halno

Crystalline Technologies
For all your technological needs!
(ver. b18 0.3 for RimWorld ver. 0.18.1722)

Description:

This mod aims to add several mid-late game features which make use of the new advanced components, such as turrets, weapons, tools and armor.

This is an early build so expect bugs and balance issues. If you find any of these please do report them to me, so I can eventually fix all of those for an eventual Stable Build!

Features:

*More Turrets! Improve your remote arsenal with the addition of 4 new turrets, each with their strenghts and weaknesses.
*More Weapons! New high-tech variants to the Charge Rifle, each with their own characteristics.
*Tools! New equipable tools that can accelerate a colonists' working speed
*Armor! New high-tech armor that will turn the user into an unstoppable machine of destruction.
*Crafting! A new crafting facility and several new recipes are added for each of the items added.
*Construction! New constructables are added, among them are resilient Brick structures, clay pottery and the Flat-Screen television.

If you want to see a break-down of the features added by my mod, along with some extra information, you can check out this google Spreadsheet where i plan out everything i'm working on.

Download:

Dropbox - B18 V0.3

Installation:

Download and Unpack CrystalTech.zip in your Mods folder. It then can be activated in the Mods menu in-game. Enjoy!

Changelog:

v b18 0.3: Dev Build
= renamed the mod (and all prefixes) to Crystalline Technologies
+ Added Exoskeletons
+ Added ExoArmor and ExoArmor helmets
+ Added Clay as a mineable
+ Added Furnace
+ Added Bricks / Brick walls / Brick floor
+ Added Pottery

v b18 0.2: Dev Build
= added prefix to all defnames, removing any potential compatibility issues.
= Renamed, Retextured and balanced turrets.
- Removed Advanced Components (Was added in B18, yay!)
- Removed Chemfuel Engine (Was added in B18, yay!)
+ Added Primitive Pick and Pickaxe
+ Added Jackhammer/Hydraulic Drill
+ Added Charge Scatter/Repeater/Sniper weapons

v a17 0.1: Initial Release
+ Added Enhanced, Flak, Repeater and Pulse Turrets
+ Added Advanced Components
+ Added Chemfuel Engine
+ Added Coils
+ Configured Research Tree/Research Tab
+ Added flat-screen TV crafting

Planned Features - To do List:

• Exoskeletons: Wearables that improve working speedAdded!
  • Exo-Armor: Strong armor that hinders work speed, but not movement speed.Added!
  • Synthread Crafting: Synthesis of synthread for use in equipment.
  • Custom Raiders: Elite raiders that will make use of the new Exo-Armor and Charge Sniper
  • Mushfungus: Crop designed to grow on poor conditions that isn't affected by the environment as much

Current Issues:

• None known, If you find any, Please report!

Vlad0mi3r

Screen shots? better descriptions of turrets etc. I am probably not going to use/install a mod without being able to see what I am adding to my game.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Halno

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on November 20, 2017, 09:17:08 PM
Screen shots? better descriptions of turrets etc. I am probably not going to use/install a mod without being able to see what I am adding to my game.

I completely forgot about those, i have no idea why. I'll take a few screenies and post them over ASAP.

Zaxmyss

There's a conflict regarding flat screen tv of your mod with Sparkling World mod. Running both mods gave me an error.

frenchiveruti

Hey nice mod! I like the textures, I will wait until you add ModSync Ninja and start a new colony to test it out.
But it seems very interesting. I'm always full into new turrets against... em... bugs!

SpaceDorf

I suggest leaving out the synthread production.

There are so many different mods offering this Feature allready that it would bloat the recipies list to much.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.