[B18] Relevant Mechanoid Surgery (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, November 23, 2017, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should work fine with every other mod out there.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Relevant Mechanoid Surgery does pretty much what is said on the tin: make the 'mechanoid surgery success chance' stat relevant again!

In Beta 18, there's a multiplier on the operation bill for scyther blade removal that makes it impossible to fail. This means that it doesn't matter if Urist Mc. SuperBionicLevel20Crafting performed the blade removal, or if the guy in the thumbnail did the removal; it'd always be a success.

That completely trivialises the acquisition of scyther blades and therefore gain of silver, maybe other than the RNG element of whether the blades get damaged or not. That's not fun at all and imbalances the game.

This mod makes it so that scyther blade removal has a standard success rate multiplier, so failure of removing scyther blades is possible again and what you see with the 'mechanoid surgery success chance' stat is what you get!

Enjoy!

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld-style font!

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

kaptain_kavern

Sorry for being lazy and let you do it ;-D

Thanks for the mod