[B18] J.C's mods (Truly Non-Lethal, Revolver Modified)

Started by J.C Denton, November 22, 2017, 02:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.C Denton

Truly Non-Lethal

Despite the name, this does not make blunt weapons "Truly Non-Lethal". What this mod actually does is make blunt weapons cause both consciousness and pain damage in an attempt to make blunt weapons render people unconscious more than downing them with pain. It's really just a quality of life mod (and a way to knock out people with painstoppers). Every hit with a blunt weapon will deal 9% consciousness damage. You can nerf this for your personal use by modifying the Local Injury Hediffs to your liking. 

Do note that blunt wounds will automatically heal over time, this is an attempt at balance and to keep to the name a bit more. (Check mod description for more information)

This mod can be pretty OP in some cases, but is (usually) relatively balanced.

Link for download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i7jatml52enncgu/Truly%20Non-Lethal.rar

Revolver Modified

A relatively simple mod that modifies the revolver's stats in an attempt to make it behave like it's real-life counterpart in a balanced way. This mod will make the revolver pack more punch at the cost of extra cooldown and warmup time.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/idbcvcqbu4aybsa/B18%20Revolver%20Modified.rar

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Canute

Hi J.C Denton
gratz to you first forum released mod.
I can understand that you want made a tool to easyly down raider or prisoners.
But do you realy think this is balanced when you modify all blunt weapons with the extra 9% consciousness damage ?
I don't think it is 100% non-lethal. Blunt weapons with high damage would still be able to kill if the head got hit twice or more.
And at the other hand, low damage blunt like wood logs geting unwanted strong.
And whats about unarmed, isn't this blunt too ?

Can't you scale the consciousness damage with the regular damage ?
Or why not creating a special KO boxing glove.

J.C Denton

Quote from: Canute on November 22, 2017, 02:34:50 AM
Snip
You didn't read anything in the passage.

I'd scale consciousness with damage, but I don't know how.

Making a seperate weapon for this would ruin the purpose.
You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.