Custom Faction Leaders, How to Name them?

Started by QuantumX, November 22, 2017, 05:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuantumX

Hi,

So the Generated Faction Leader names seems to be generated different to standard pawns.

In the Faction Def the code

<pawnNameMaker>NAMERFILES</pawnNameMaker>

This only seems to apply to other Pawns generated but not the Faction leader? is there a way to control the faction leader name in Custom factions?

QuantumX

Albion

I'm not exactly sure but I think the naming file also applies to the faction leader. The only difference is that they have a title.

QuantumX

@Albion, Seems not to be the case, when the faction creates at start of game the names for the leaders seems to come from a different source perhaps hardcoded? Naming is defo working for faction pawns created when a raid happens, just not for the leaders.. Rather annoying...

Albion

I'll have to look into that. Maybe it is because you were able to buy the privilege of naming pirate bosses, so the faction leader names get pulled from a different list.
I can look into it tomorrow but it'll take time and I promise that I'll find anything

QuantumX

Albion

So... After some digging I came up with: Even if it is possible it would be difficult.
All I was able to find is the following:
Tribal names come from the XML file found in the RulePackDefs folder named RulePacks_NameMakers_People.xml
Inside you'll find the def on how tribals get named.
I wasn't able to find the rules for outladers but it should be somewhere in that folder too.
Looking at the Defs suggested to me though that there is a data file somewhere with all the words that are available for naming. These are however compiled and buried in the data of the core game so it might be these files are not accessable. Not easily at least.

I also looked into the way pawns get generated but I wasn't able to figure out where exactly faction leaders deviate from normal pawns so I can't tell you were the split happens.

Long story short: if you'd investigate further you might find something but I have sunk more than an hour and wasn't able to find anything. Sorry.

QuantumX

Hey Albion, thanks for your time, I think for now i will chalk that one down to not do-able...

Again thanks Albion you're a Gent and a Star!!!

Albion

Sure. No problem. I'm happy to help if a problem either interests me or I already have some prior knowledge on how to solve it or at least how to find the solution.
Sadly I wasn't able to help you in this case.