Call for Alpha 4 testers (locked as A4 has been released)

Started by Tynan, May 29, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Hey all. So Alpha 4 is coming up. I really want to get stability testing in on it, so I could use help from new testers!

Please note that testing isn't just playing the game. When you find bugs, you should be ready to investigate them and make efforts to determine steps to reproduce them. And, of course, you need to write bug reports for anything you find.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread. Please answer:

1. What OS(es) do you have?
2. Have you tested or developed software before?

Thanks all!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Austupaio

Windows 7 Home 64-bit.

Tested; yes, definitely. Quite a bit of testing, bug-hunting and trouble-shooting for various mods, independent projects and a few AAA games.

Developed software; low to medium level modding for dozens of games, some basic coding development for independent projects such as Space Station 13, 'from scratch' simplistic programs with Flash/Java.

WorldOfIllusion

1. Windows 7
2. Yes, final year student majoring in Software Development.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Coenmcj

Windows 7, x86 file system

I have no experience in the matter of testing but I have reported bugs on other titles.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

ciago92

Windows 7 64 bit

Filed many bug reports (tho not an official tester) for a handful of games. Decently good at reproduction. Coding experience (just graduated with a CIS degree) but nothing major, it's a backup to my actuarial degree

ZestyLemons

1) Windows 7, 64 bit in dual boot with Windows 8.1
2) Yes I've tested software and games before. Yes, I've developed software before, and am currently studying computer systems technology in university (just finished my first year, woo).

I'm available on Steam/Skype/the forums here (obviously).
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

JorDash

Windows 8 64bit.
Yes I've tested various games and mods.

vagineer1

My OS is Windows 8, which is run on a Vibox gaming pc.

As for testing I have tested many mods and some games before and have reported a number of bugs on forums.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

a89a89

1 OS X mountain lion
2 nope, but im sure I can handel it

P.s I'm kinda busy atm so testing might be a little slow if I'm chosen

Youraputz

1. Windows7 x64
2. 8 years professional software developer (not in the gaming industry)

iame6162013

1.windows 7,64Bit
2.tested      : Yes i have tested Mods (But nothing major)
   developed: Yes i have developed software Mods, And "Hello World" :P, small private games(But nothing major)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

darkwing88

1. Win7 64bit
2. 5 years of indie game developer experience. Was responsible 1.5 year for inherited project that had 40k lines of spaghetti code (i wanted to kill person that was working on it before me) and had to fix bugs for client while actively deploying new features. Other than that made around 20 small html5 games and around 10 flash smaller titles.

Im not promising anything but I would like to try testing for you Tynan.

Ketzal

1. Win7 x64
2. I have both developed and tested software before.

Plunkett

1. Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit (+ RT, not that that will be helpful)
2. Have been testing various games for a while, in particular KAG (where I am a tester and a global moderator) and also use Mantis for my own projects and used it for KAG. My modding team: www.viridimilitis.com (I'm VanHuek). So I am experienced in reproducing the bugs/reporting them on mantis/recording them, etc...

CremionisD

1. Windows 7 Pro x64
2. I've been a professional software developer for 15 years. I tested legend of grimrock dungeon editor during it's public beta. These are the more recent relevant things.

In the very early days of my career I did work on some games on my own, but those projects failed to see the light of day because I was unable to attract graphics/music artists to participate. Had I succeeded, my career might look a whole lot different, but who knows...