[1.3] [KV] Configurable Maps [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 08, 2018, 11:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

IForever2110

Hello Kiame,

I might have found a bug in the 1.3 version.

When I generate a new map, doesn't matter if at the game start or with a caravan, the map is like 95% mud and 5% rich soil.

- Biome doesn't matter, Tundra and Tropical gets 95% rich soil
- The mod settings are at standard
- Mod was loaded at the start and at the end of the modlist and even as the only mod, always the same problem

You might have guessed it but I don't get any error logs I could share with you. I attached a picture.

Let me know if you need any other infomation from me.

Thanks and best regards
IForever

Kiame

Hmm I did not test tropical or tundra let me test those

Kiame

Quote from: IForever2110 on July 19, 2021, 08:43:41 AM
Hello Kiame,

I might have found a bug in the 1.3 version.

When I generate a new map, doesn't matter if at the game start or with a caravan, the map is like 95% mud and 5% rich soil.

- Biome doesn't matter, Tundra and Tropical gets 95% rich soil
- The mod settings are at standard
- Mod was loaded at the start and at the end of the modlist and even as the only mod, always the same problem

You might have guessed it but I don't get any error logs I could share with you. I attached a picture.

Let me know if you need any other infomation from me.

Thanks and best regards
IForever

After testing this mod with just harmony loaded in each biome with default settings (as well as a few variations), all my maps are created correctly. Are you able to reproduce this issue with just this mod enabled?

IForever2110

After testing this mod with just harmony loaded in each biome with default settings (as well as a few variations), all my maps are created correctly. Are you able to reproduce this issue with just this mod enabled?

Yeah same problem when only Harmony, Core and Configurable Maps is loaded.

I am running on the versions:
RimWorld: 1.3.3065
Harmony: Lib v2.1.0.0. Mod v1.1.0.0

Same problem after a new installation of RimWorld, Harmony and Configurable Maps.

Any other information I can provide you for analysis?

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where Mountain Level was not being used in map generation

Quote from: IForever2110 on July 19, 2021, 03:34:09 PM
Yeah same problem when only Harmony, Core and Configurable Maps is loaded.
Any other information I can provide you for analysis?

I've run another set of tests. Here's what I did and I want to make sure I'm doing your steps:
Default all values in Config Maps:

Then settle on a square and your maps are all mud?
This is what I'm seeing:

With Config Maps:

Without Config Maps:

IForever2110

I've/You've found the problem...

For some reason the default value for "Soil Fertility", "Water Height" and "Mountain Amount" is 1.00 for me, even after pressing the default button next to the fields. Even after I reinstalled RimWorld and Configurable Maps yesterday the value was still at 1.00

Possible that the values are stored somewhere outside the mod config in a .xml or something, I don't know, because i've set some values in Configurable Maps for my playstyle back in 1.2 version.

I've set the values manually to 0.00 and the map generation works as intended.

Have a big thank you for your work and sorry for the inconvenience if I messed up any config or something. I guess the problem is/was local by my part.

BR
IForever

Kiame

Update:  1.3.0.4
- Water level is now working correctly (slider was reversed). Thanks Ebo
- Limiting stone amounts should work correctly. Thanks slinkyace and xenephulon
- Fixing an issue where the initial value when the mod is first used was causing maps to be completely muddy

For anyone having issues with mud-filled maps, go into this mod's settings, Map Settings, and select default for "Soil Fertility", "Water Height", and "Mountain Amount"

Kiame

Update: 1.3.1.0
- Improved stability and fixed many issues.
- Ores now work correctly. This update will also support modded ores - anything that is mineable can be modified in the Map Setting page of this mod.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.1.1
Added settings for Ideo/1.3 for scatterable types of "AncientPipelineSection" and "AncientJunkClusters"

There are other types that are included in map generation which I am not 100% sure how to address as they're generated in harder-to-patch ways. They include "ScatterRoadDebris", "ScatterCaveDebris", "AncientUtilityBuilding", "MechanoidRemains", "AncientTurret", "AncientMechs", "AncientLandingPad", "AncientFences"

I think [hope] the two that I've included, Pipeline and Junk, will cover most of the ancient things that are added though.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.2.0
Ore Level is back!

Set this multiplier to change the amount of mineable precious metals are on the map.
From there, you can control the amount of each mineable metal with the sliders for gold, silver, jade, steel, and ind comps.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.2.4
-Changed how stone types are found. It will now load every stone type dynamically. This also allowed for "Other Stones" setting to be removed. Thus Extra Stones and any other mod that adds stones is supported.
-Improved the randomization logic for stone types for world generation

Kiame

Update: 1.3.2.5
Quest maps will now have Mountain and Water setting applied to them again. Both values will have a limit of 0.7 to make sure there's enough open space to spawn the required assets. Please let me know if this causes any issues and what quest type it broke on.

Kiame

Update: v1.3.3.1
Fixing an issue where an error would display after closing the Config Map settings window.