Started by Kiame, September 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Update: 1.3.0.3
Removed the cap of 250 from the Min/Max Population text entries

Kiame

Update: 1.3.0.4
Added a new setting, "Tile Distance Between Faction Groups"
With this setting, you can specify either/both the Minimum/Maximum distances that faction groups can spawn from each other.
This is an advanced option and can easily prevent faction groups from spawning on the map and will take many tries to get the values to work. Leave it disabled to keep base game behavior.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.0.6
Adding a setting "Override Faction Max Count" which will force modded factions that do not specify "maxConfigurableAtWorldCreation" to show up in the base game's Create World Faction Count tab.

It's on by default. If anyone runs into issues with this setting please disable it in settings and restart the game.

Multistream

I can't find the setting to customize the amount of modded factions after the update. I know that there is a vanilla way to do that but it doesn't display half of the modded factions factions. I tried "Override Faction Max Count" on, after reloading the game they weren't there, after I set it to off, they weren't there either. I also don't understand what "Disable Faction Limits" does, I didn't understand what its description meant, but either way, it also didn't cause the modded factions to show up.

So I've reloaded the game while my "Override Faction Max Count" was on, I disabled every faction in the vanilla menu, but some factions are not in vanilla menu and for some reason I didn't find this mods menu to disable them anywhere. This includes factions from Star Wars - Hutts, Star Wars - Gand, Star Wars - Trandosha, The GiantRace, two factions from Halo Jackals. I couldn't find any ways disable them.
https://gist.github.com/idkman2021/d88c2cf488eed817d8ea1ee4e0e836b5

by the way the way by which this can fixed if someone has this problem is editing the race mods files to remove unwanted factions although I didn't try yet and I don't know how easy it is

Kiame

The setting for "Override Faction Max Count" is really just me trying to fix other people's stuff for them.

If that doesn't make a modded faction come up in the base game's selection then the authors of those mod simply have to add "<maxConfigurableAtWorldCreation>9999</maxConfigurableAtWorldCreation>" to their faction's def. Simple as that.

Canute

Not sure if there is another setting, but i can see the Hutts at the settings and could disable them.
Maybe his problems are more the other errors he got at the rimworld startup.

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2021, 04:39:18 PM
Not sure if there is another setting, but i can see the Hutts at the settings and could disable them.
Maybe his problems are more the other errors he got at the rimworld startup.

Take another look. That's not for disabling the Hutts, the settings on the right are for Settlement Density and whether to override the density for that faction.

Setting the number of factions or disabling them is all part of the base game now and it's up to the mod authors to add support.

Kiame

Update:
Added German translation and Empire mod's faction will no longer be selectable from the faction count during world creation. Thanks Danimineiro!

Kiame

Update: v1.3.2.0
World generation logic has been improved and this mod's settings will apply for all settlements that get created post-world generation.

Big thanks to Designer225 for finding the mistakes in my code and improving this mod!