[B18] Enhanced Development (Mod Collection) 2018-07-02

Started by Jaxxa, November 24, 2017, 08:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sandy on February 21, 2018, 11:05:51 PM
i may be greedy to try and make a geothermal farm, but 600 steel and 10 components for a one-time use machine is too expensive, imo.

You don't think this is balanced by the fact of after building your geothermal power plant that you will forever receive free power from it, without having to input any resources?

Also, I suppose the mod author would have to do some new C# to make the new building not disappear when it is done making the vent, but rather just sit there idle until minified. But I'm not versed in C# so I have no clue how much work that would be. :)

Sandy

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 11:16:01 PM
You don't think this is balanced by the fact of after building your geothermal power plant that you will forever receive free power from it, without having to input any resources?
well, its not free, i have to build a geothermal generator over the vent. just like other power sources, the cost to power ratio, is handled in vanilla itself.
the laserdrill cost is just to make one steam geyser. i mean in reality, no one gonna build new laserdrill in each spot, if they can reinstall an already built one.
maybe increasing the cost to 1000 steel and 15 comps can justify the minifiable option.

QuoteAlso, I suppose the mod author would have to do some new C# to make the new building not disappear when it is done making the vent, but rather just sit there idle until minified. But I'm not versed in C# so I have no clue how much work that would be. :)
if its too much trouble, never mind then. i cant be picky when im getting it for free. i can always just edit the cost in the xml.
Thanks dude.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sandy on February 21, 2018, 11:42:56 PM
if its too much trouble, never mind then.

Well I'm not the mod author, just having some conversations :)

Canute

I don't the laser drill is too expensive for a one use item.
To drill a hole into the core to create a geysir isn't an easy task, compared to drill for well or home geo-heat exchanger, which you just need a truck with drilling stuff.
Except you siting allready on a magma-bubble 50 meter below you :-)

You can generate a geysir at the place you want, and create a geysir farm at this way.

And if you run out of steel, you can try to use resource mod like quarry or deep core drills.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kori on February 13, 2018, 02:09:47 PM
Hey Jaxxa,

have you found a solution for Combat Extended and Turret Control yet? Everything else works fine. :)
Will have another look at it now that it is officially out.

Quote from: Kori on February 18, 2018, 05:52:03 PM
As a feature request, is it possible to extend the cremate option to also include the cremate into fertilizer recipe from Vegetable Garden?

Request Noted, and added to my list of possible improvements, not guarantee if / when I will get to it.

Quote from: Sandy on February 21, 2018, 11:42:56 PM
well, its not free, i have to build a geothermal generator over the vent. just like other power sources, the cost to power ratio, is handled in vanilla itself.

The Cost to Power ratio in Vanilla also includes hard limits on the number and placement of generators, they may need to be out in the open and require to to defend a far corner of the map from raids as well as you main base and there is a hard cap on the number that you can have on any one map. These are the costs that are replaced by the expense of the drill from a Gameplay perspective. So I am happy with leaving them having an expensive cost for each one and being once use.

That being said I dont have an issue with including configuration options in a future version of the mod allowing them to be reused that would be disabled by default.

Maybe I could make it that if reusing it double the drill time for each subsequent drilling to eventually force you to build another or wait crazy long times.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Jaxxa on February 22, 2018, 04:42:08 AM
Maybe I could make it that if reusing it double the drill time for each subsequent drilling to eventually force you to build another or wait crazy long times.
I think a fun flavor line in the description could be something like, "The drill bit/head gets increasingly worn down after repeated use. Each subsequent use of the same drill will double the drilling speed." Or whatever numbers you come up with :)

Sandy

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 02:04:10 AM
Well I'm not the mod author, just having some conversations :)
same here dude, no offence intended. i also tried to think from the author's POV.

Quote from: Canute on February 22, 2018, 03:14:50 AM
And if you run out of steel, you can try to use resource mod like quarry or deep core drills.
Yes, thanks dude. i'll try and get those mods next.

Quote from: Jaxxa on February 22, 2018, 04:42:08 AM
The Cost to Power ratio in Vanilla also includes hard limits on the number and placement of generators, they may need to be out in the open and require to to defend a far corner of the map from raids as well as you main base and there is a hard cap on the number that you can have on any one map. These are the costs that are replaced by the expense of the drill from a Gameplay perspective. So I am happy with leaving them having an expensive cost for each one and being once use.

That being said I dont have an issue with including configuration options in a future version of the mod allowing them to be reused that would be disabled by default.

i understand your perspective and am trying to play with it. but if u can make it multi-use with some compensation for it, i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 07:38:06 AM
I think a fun flavor line in the description could be something like, "The drill bit/head gets increasingly worn down after repeated use. Each subsequent use of the same drill will double the drilling speed." Or whatever numbers you come up with :)
yes, this could work. not straight up doubling the time, but +50% slower drilling speed, for each time its used. or have it consume more power for each subsequent use.
or make the drill bit consumable. like, after making one vent, drill bit will be used up and have to use 300 steel(600 steel being the laserdrill cost, 50% can be the drill bit) as fuel to install the new drill bit.
or use all 3 of these as compensation.

i understand it will require more C# work, so plz consider making it if its not too much trouble or time consuming. Thanks man.

Jaxxa

Just put up a new version of Enhanced Options with three new options:

- Suppress Rain caused by Fire.
- Suppressing Roof Collapse.
- Ability to warn about Very Large Log Files.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Jaxxa on March 04, 2018, 06:06:56 AM
- Suppressing Roof Collapse.

This sounds really interesting. Does this work for overhead mountains too? Or only player constructed roofs?

Jaxxa

I tested it with overhead mountains, so that will work, it working on player constructed roofs it a bit of an assumption, but the code looks to be calling the same things.

Harry_Dicks

I was very curious about something like this. If anyone's familiar with the recently released Biomes! cavern, I believe they had to do something similar as well. Because there is an overhead mountain over maybe 95% of the map, but sometimes there will be more open, expansive areas in the cavern, that are definitely bigger than 12x12, or where if it were with vanilla settings there should be a cave in. That's how I've come to understand it, from my understanding of the game and how roofs/overhead mountains and collapses work. Not sure I am 100% correct, though! :)

Jaxxa

Updating ED-EnhancedOptions to 0.18.0.7

Adding support for modifying Learn Rate.
Added the Ability to Suppress writing to the Log File.
Safe Traps now also works for Every Non Hostile Faction.

SunSeeker

Hey jaxxa, I found a strange problem.
I managed to research shields basics but when I build it, it simply disapears!
Strange, since I can research, can build (everything normal with the recipe) but once its complete it disapears...

Jaxxa

Do you have any errors in the Log?

Can you re-download making certain that you didn't get the source code version. I think a missing dll could do that.

SunSeeker

Man, it really takes some effort to be this dumb and I think I nailed it lol!
just got the right one, everything working as intended. thanks!

(I wonder how I managed one whole ingame year without it)