[B18] Enhanced Development (Mod Collection) 2018-07-02

Started by Jaxxa, November 24, 2017, 08:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firestrock

I really like the turret control mod. It's so much fun targeting my prisoners with the turrets from the shock gun mod =D
But it really is a shame that it's not compatible with CE  :'(

Jaxxa

No guarantee but I will have a look at it when I get the time.

firestrock

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 01, 2018, 06:22:07 AM
No guarantee but I will have a look at it when I get the time.

Thank you in advance, I will wait patiently :)

Modo44

Embrasures make it simple to destroy manhunter packs, and maddened animals, because they treat embrasures as walls. Would it be possible to make manhunters attack embrasures like they do doors? That way you could not gun animals down with impunity.

Jaxxa

Updated Enhanced Options to 0.18.0.8
* Adding Force Attack support for CE Turrets
* Moving Debug Logging of Letters to an optional setting.

Jaxxa

I am thinking of merging a number of my mods that deal with more advanced technology into a single mod to try and give something of a coherent reason for you having access technology above the rest of Rimworld and a bit of a Story with a few more steps for getting access to it as opposed to just researching and building things of a higher tech level than the rest of the game. Although that means that in the future the mods will not exist as separate downloads anymore, Thoughts?

TheGooglator

I personally love the idea of a modpack but also realise it has it's drawbacks.
Due to those I honestly think you'd be better sticking to individual mods although it can be harder to manage. I came here to request an in-depth description of the Shield buttons. I have read the thread and have noticed this was previously requested and also am aware your a busy guy but I couldn't find any descriptions. They seem simple enough but without extensively testing them I couldn't accurately describe what each button does. Thanks, even for the time reading this - TG

Jaxxa

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion on the question.

I found some notes that I made on shields and updated them slightly. I thought I posted the original here, but maybe that was on steam or I completely forgot :)
Anyway Shields are in for a major rework in the next version, especially if I end up merging them so most of this will not be applicable then, feel free to ask specific questions.

#Shield Types

Standard Shield:
Strength:4000 Radius:8 BlockIndirect:Yes BlockDirect:Yes FireSupression:Yes DropPods:No

Small shield:
Strength:200 Radius:2 BlockIndirect:Yes BlockDirect:Yes FireSupression:Yes DropPods:No

Fortress shield:
Strength:16000 Radius:20 BlockIndirect:Yes BlockDirect:Yes FireSupression:No DropPods:Yes

SIF shield:
Strength:6000 Radius:8 BlockIndirect:No BlockDirect:Yes FireSupression:Yes DropPods:No
This is a Special type of Shield that specifically covers certain building instead of creating a large bubble.

#Modes:

Block Direct: Stops things that are fired directly like Bullets and Arrows.
Block Indirect: Stops things that Fly overhead like Mortar Rounds.
FireSuppression: Drains the Shield to put out Fires.
Drop Pods: Causes Drop pods to explode on impact, (includes Friendly and Trade Drop pods, in that casa you might want to disable this option for a while).
Repair Mode: SIF shield can repair building that it is covering, this is a workaround for when bullets detect hitting the wall before the shield.

Canute

QuoteSIF shield:
Strength:6000 Radius:8 BlockIndirect:No BlockDirect:Yes FireSupression:Yes DropPods:No
This is a Special type of Shield that specifically covers certain building instead of creating a large bubble.
Repair Mode: SIF shield can repair building that it is covering, this is a workaround for when bullets detect hitting the wall before the shield.
That is something i allways liked from the SIF, the repair function.
But i notice only a few buildings get covered, and repaired at this way. It should be expand to protect all structures.

Sure a repair ability from shield's are pretty stupid, maybe change the technology behind it.
Instead if an energy shield, it becomes Nanite shield layer, and the nanites can fill up scratches and repair at this way the structure.
So instead of a protection it is a repair building.

SunSeeker

Supreme Commander nostalgia with nanite shields repairing structures lol.

I personally love the idea of merging the mods. while there are some I dont use, I see no problem having them in the middle.

about the research, maybe you can change the level of any "level-up" tech, like mk replicator. I always find it strange to be a spacer tech while a neolitic tribe can plant the omnigel. maybe put the mk1 replicator as a medieval, mk2 as a industrial and finally mk3 as spacer.

Jaxxa

Added a Version of ED-ShieldsBasic that should work with Combat Extend to Github.
Let me know how it goes, I wanted to do a full rework but that hit a snag so here is a quick edit that looks to work.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2018, 03:34:52 AM
That is something i allways liked from the SIF, the repair function.
But i notice only a few buildings get covered, and repaired at this way. It should be expand to protect all structures.

Sure a repair ability from shield's are pretty stupid, maybe change the technology behind it.
Instead if an energy shield, it becomes Nanite shield layer, and the nanites can fill up scratches and repair at this way the structure.
So instead of a protection it is a repair building.

In the new combined mod I will probably be removing Repair from Shields, maybe i will add it back as a separate building.

Quote from: SunSeeker on April 17, 2018, 07:01:25 AM
Supreme Commander nostalgia with nanite shields repairing structures lol.

I personally love the idea of merging the mods. while there are some I dont use, I see no problem having them in the middle.

about the research, maybe you can change the level of any "level-up" tech, like mk replicator. I always find it strange to be a spacer tech while a neolitic tribe can plant the omnigel. maybe put the mk1 replicator as a medieval, mk2 as a industrial and finally mk3 as spacer.

Progression is one of the main things that I am looking at adding with the combined mod.

firestrock

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 14, 2018, 09:50:02 PM
Updated Enhanced Options to 0.18.0.8
* Adding Force Attack support for CE Turrets
* Moving Debug Logging of Letters to an optional setting.

Works perfectly, thank you for that!

I'll be trying the CE version of your shields right now and report back tomorrow.

Sandy

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 14, 2018, 11:58:12 PM
I am thinking of merging a number of my mods that deal with more advanced technology into a single mod to try and give something of a coherent reason for you having access technology above the rest of Rimworld and a bit of a Story with a few more steps for getting access to it as opposed to just researching and building things of a higher tech level than the rest of the game. Although that means that in the future the mods will not exist as separate downloads anymore, Thoughts?

a modpack is nice. i mean, both safe traps and turret control were individual mods before. now u merged them with enhanced options mod. but what i like is, u made them optional. a player can check/uncheck them in mod options.
so, in ur modpack, if u made every mod optional, other than the core one(s), that would be great.
thx for the mods.

Jaxxa

Glad you like the mods.

My current intention at this stage is to leave Cheat Reactor, Enhanced Options, Reverse Cycle Coolers and Embrasures as there own separate mods.

Most of the other ones deal with what I consider higher technology levels than the base game and will be merged into a single mod. The advantage of these ones is that they are adding new features and building that you can use rather than changing existing systems, so if you dont like Shields, OmniGell or LaserDrills it is easy to just not build anything related to that, leaving the rest of your game as it would be.