[1.2] Shield Generators by Frontier Developments 1.2.3.2753 (日本語版の内部)

Started by Jetpack_Maniac, November 24, 2017, 10:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetpack_Maniac

REQUIRES HUGSLIB
WORKS WITH CE FOR 1.2, NO EXTERNAL PATCHES JUST LOAD AFTER CE.

日本語版 (Description in Japanese)

Currently supports:
1.2 Workshop Page
Github for non-steam downloads and bug reports.

To install a non-steam download, download 'source code' and extract into your Rimworld Mods folder.

Frontier Developments presents Shields, the ultimate in colony protection.  Shields will stop projectiles that try to enter it but allow weapons to be fired out. This includes bullets, rockets, mortar rounds, pods of any variety (enemies via drop pods, cargo pods, escape pods, and yes, your pods).  Shields have low idle power use and high power usage (subtracted directly from batteries at a rate of 1 Wd per damage taken) when stopping projectiles.

This was designed in keeping with the style and gameplay of Rimworld. It integrates the vanilla features and adds functionality to match the original game. It was also kept transparent in order to allow as many other mods and gameplay experiences to be had while enhancing the overall playability.

Features:
- PERFORMANCE OPTIONS: For late game colonies or low-power systems, see mod options
- Stop projectiles (bullets, rockets, grenades, mortars, drop pods)
- Shields use a small amount of idle power
- Shield strength is the stored energy on your power net
- Shields generators will heat up as the shields absorb damage and will shut off if they overheat
- Shields come in three sizes:
- small (3m, can be minified)
- medium (3m - 10m)
- large (5m - 25m)
- The small shield is minifiable and portable and contains an internal battery (1000 Wd, 50% efficient)
- Larger shields can soak more heat before the shield collapses
*Shields can fail if their coil temperatures get too hot and the safety is shut off (causes shorts, breakdowns, and explosions)

Shields Don't:
- Stop movement of pawns in or out of the shields
- Stop fires
- Heal people
- Stop tornadoes or orbital lasers

Compatability:
- No known mod conflicts

Licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
You may use it in modpacks without asking, just properly credit us.

Credits:
JonnyNova - Code Lead
Jetpack_Maniac - Code, Documentation
Halno: Building and UI art

Morgloz: RedistHeat
ColdTold: Centralized Climate Control
NoImageAvailable: Combat Extended

Jaxxa - inspiration drawn from ED-ShieldsBasic

Translations:
Russian (Русский): kr33man from http://lttlword.ru
Japanese (日本語): Proxyer
French (Français): I'm a banana

Mr_Man

Umbreon117

I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

polios3

when i use this mod in B18 on energy rifle(vanilla) my bulllets are stop under my human

Jennings

I am also getting that bullet-stopping weirdness going on in my current game.

Canute

Interesting concept with the heat the the shield generator ! :-)

What do you think about to add 2 kind of weapons
- shield breaker, shoot bullets or beams with EMP effects, adding extra heat to the shield but only minor damage or burn damage.
- shield penetrator, since people can move through shields, it should be possible for slow moving projectiles to get through the shield too.
Self propelant slow moving projectil with explosion setup or create a mini-turret.

Halno

Those are awesome :)
I'm glad to have collaborated to this project

Clanf

when i installed this mod on existing save - everything works fine, but when i'm trying to start a new game - this happens

Exception ticking DropPodIncoming63662: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<FrontierDevelopments.Shields.IShield>>.get_Item (int) <0x00136>
at FrontierDevelopments.Shields.ShieldManager.ImpactShield (Verse.Map,UnityEngine.Vector2,System.Func`3<FrontierDevelopments.Shields.IShield, UnityEngine.Vector2, bool>) <0x0003f>
at FrontierDevelopments.Shields.Handlers.SkyfallerHandler/Patch_ProjectileCE_Tick.Prefix (RimWorld.Skyfaller) <0x00105>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Skyfaller.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00015>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Jetpack_Maniac

I'm going to need to know what game and mod version you are running.

Clanf

game version 0.18.1722
mod version b18-v1.0.1 from github

Jetpack_Maniac

faketax

Nice mod but after enabling this all weapons in game stop shooting (bullets and arrow dont spawn )

Jetpack_Maniac

All bugs mentioned have been fixed in the 1.0.2 versions available on steam for all game versions.

Jennings

Can confirm. Everything fixed over the morning releases. Thanks a ton! I can't wait to get to use this stuff in my game (eventually, haha)

Jetpack_Maniac

We added Centralized Climate Control support this morning.  Get it at steam here.