[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaceKurn

Thank you so much. Can't believe I didn't think of it!

coemgen98

Hello! It seems I encountered a problem with the ability psionic storm? The bug that was fixed about the colonist disappearing after using it is back. Whenever I use it the character gets removed/flies out from the map. The problem seems to stem from an incompatibility with the mod Zombieland since the logs seem to specifically mention it. I don't know much about coding so it's just speculation on my part. Can you check it out if that is the case?

Here's the log in-game whenever I used psionic storm with Zombieland activated:

Exception ticking FlyingObject_PsionicStorm18261 (at (138, 0, 144)): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<Verse.Map, ZombieLand.PheromoneGrid>.TryGetValue (Verse.Map,ZombieLand.PheromoneGrid&) <0x00208>
at ZombieLand.Tools.GetGrid (Verse.Map) <0x0003c>
at ZombieLand.Patches/Projectile_Launch_Patch.Postfix (Verse.Thing,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x002f3>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Projectile.Launch_Patch1 (object,Verse.Thing,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ProjectileHitFlags,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x003af>
at Verse.Projectile.Launch (Verse.Thing,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ProjectileHitFlags,Verse.Thing) <0x000cc>
at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.Launch (Verse.Thing,AbilityUser.AbilityDef,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ProjectileHitFlags,Verse.Thing,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<AbilityUser.ApplyHediffs>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<AbilityUser.ApplyMentalStates>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<AbilityUser.SpawnThings>) <0x000a0>
at TorannMagic.FlyingObject_PsionicStorm.TryLaunchProjectile (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x0033a>
at TorannMagic.FlyingObject_PsionicStorm.Tick () <0x0092c>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate_Patch0(Object)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Gungnier

I dont know again if intended but mana shield gives the arcane weakness debuff as usual and when you have really lategame pawns with 150+ mana they get catatonic arcane weakness before the shield depletes. I just had 3 of my pawns pass out and go on a catatonic breakdown after a poison ship event because of it. It would be a welcome change in my opinion to remove the arcane weakness from the spell or just limit the shield to a maximum of 100 mana so they just get downed before getting damaged.

Jan2607

When I put a Seed of Regrowth in a freezers, it still spoils after a few days. Is this intended?

Canute

It work's fine at my side.
Rimfridge and walking freezer, both freeze the Seed of regrowth and keep it fresh forever.

Gungnier

Quote from: Jan2607 on October 31, 2018, 06:57:57 PM
When I put a Seed of Regrowth in a freezers, it still spoils after a few days. Is this intended?

It spoils for me too. And i somehow can't craft the Armor of the valiant either it always say i doesnt have enough materials meanwhile i have more than 10 times of the needed. I wanted to check out a full plasteel Valiant vs Power armor worth the more than 4 times mats needed.And i still wonder why there is no Valiant helmet.

#edit I just found out the valiant armor crafting is working i just didnt have 500 gold (it need the 10 times of the silver and gold it states even tho its not its main material) Witht hat much gold in it i hope at least my paladin can take back jerusalem alone with it.

#edit New record today my bard casting Battle Hymn and eating a doomsday rocket launcher into her mana shield managed to go catatonic 11 times!!

#edit I crafted the "armor of the valiant" armor and its kinda lackluster i got an inspiration and i got a legendary one. Its only outer armor so you can use a flak vest with it but the armor gives: 90% sharp 108% blunt 36% heat and really bad insulation so with an excellent armor vest its comparable to a good Marine armor in sharp which is about 80% of the damage you get. Blunt armor is slightly better than marine so might be usefull when brawling but most melee weapons deal sharp damage too. It gives 72% harmony armor which is a really hard to get stat but based on description only works on Holy shadow or Death damage which again pretty rare and definitely not as deadly as lets say elemental damage.

Overal the armor is definitely worse compared to the same quality Marine armor and costs currently: 450 plasteel 500 gold 200 silver 100 magicyte

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on November 01, 2018, 09:13:27 AM
Overal the armor is definitely worse compared to the same quality Marine armor and costs currently: 450 plasteel 500 gold 200 silver 100 magicyte
I'll take another look at the crafting requirements - likely meant to need 50gold, 20 silver instead.  Marine armor has to be plasteel, valiant can be any metal.  As you mentioned, it can be worn with the flak vest (or ancient mail) which increases armor for torso, neck and shoulders, when combined, is 50% better in sharp/blunt, light/dark armor, and only 6% less in heat.  Using ancient mail instead of a flak vest has less armor, but significantly higher enchantments.  It also means you get above superior enchantment mana cost reduction, and double the overall enchantment slots since valiant armor only takes 1 layer. Valiant armor gives reduced aiming time (which also reduces spell casting time), improve hit chance, higher social impact and does not have move speed reduction, marine has -.4c/s.

So, there are some trade-offs to consider, but I'll take another look at the crafting costs for all the apparel.

#edit New record today my bard casting Battle Hymn and eating a doomsday rocket launcher into her mana shield managed to go catatonic 11 times!!
This will be fixed soon so that it only applies arcane weakness following a spell cast; right now it applies when mana is lost by any means, not just spell casting.

And i still wonder why there is no Valiant helmet.
If you want to provide the graphics then I'll be happy to add the code/xml for it.

edit: I tend to agree with your general value assessment though, magical armor tends to be a bit over-priced for what you get both in resource cost and vendor costs.

Noita

Is there a way to imbue the trait without dev console?

Canute

Noita,
no telepathy is a trait you can't learn, it is a natural one.
Thats we we can't read your mind and look about what trait your are talking.

If you looking for the Physical adept,Magical gifted traits, take a look at the Arcane crafting research.

Noita

Quote from: Canute on November 02, 2018, 04:00:14 AM
Noita,
no telepathy is a trait you can't learn, it is a natural one.
Thats we we can't read your mind and look about what trait your are talking.

If you looking for the Physical adept,Magical gifted traits, take a look at the Arcane crafting research.
Hahaha, That's a really good point!
My mistake.
I will look into the arcane crafting research as it looks like that's what i'm looking for, Thanks!

Canute

Toran,
since many of fighter skills use a ranged target, and when these fighter use a shieldbelt they won't work.
What do you think about an addon mod. That detect if a pawn use a shieldbelt and then provide an off/on icon.
Ofcouse the shield need to charge up when you turn it on, like when you equip it.

wrathofdog

Quote from: Torann on November 01, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
If you want to provide the graphics then I'll be happy to add the code/xml for it.

I took a stab at it.  It may be crap. 

edit:  this is obviously just a front view.  I'm not sure what all is needed for a Rimworld graphic tbh.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Torann

Quote from: wrathofdog on November 03, 2018, 01:53:49 AM
Quote from: Torann on November 01, 2018, 10:26:13 PM

I took a stab at it.  It may be crap. 

edit:  this is obviously just a front view.  I'm not sure what all is needed for a Rimworld graphic tbh.
side-view (only one side is needed unless one side looks different than the other)
back-view

Torann

Updated to v2.2.6.0

• ** New class: Technomancer - the technomancer combines technology and the arcane power as the basis for their abilities. They are unique in that they can select one (and only one) of three primary paths: offense, defense, and support
    - Offensive Path: by using an existing, mechanical weapon as a blueprint, the technomancer can design a modified version of that weapon and mold it out of mana; the combination of this improved weapon system, nanites that increase their combat abilites, and projectiles infused with elemental properties makes the offensive technomancer a formidable option
    - Defensive Path: the Mark-IV weapon system was a prototype that failed due to a lack of sustainable energy; technomancers use their own mana as a means to fuel this weapon system, and are able to effectively deploy and operate it as a powerful, manned turret
    - Support Path: support technomancers prefer to craft an independent and autonomous AI to assist them in many tasks; this "techno-bit" is able to accelerate the work speed of many projects, can repair almost any mechanical system, and even has some combat abilities

• In addition to the primary paths, all technomancers have access to several core, class abilities:
    - Overdrive: bypasses safety features or increases power of generators, turrets, and robotic AI to drastically improve their output capacity for a short period but can cause stress and damage the targeted system
    - Sabotage: like overdrive, it can target many different powered, computer, or mechanical systems to cause everything from minor to catastrophic failure of all vulnerable systems in a small area
    - Kinetic Shield: surrounds the target with a shield able to deflect projectiles; the shields power determines the limit of kinetic energy that can be deflected - high powered rounds can penetrate low powered kinetic shields
    - Orbital Strike; hacks into orbital bombardment satellites to input target coordinates, can take some time to align and launch the attack but packs a punch when it hits

• ** Tweaks:
    Autocast blink and phase strike XP gain has been reduced
    Mana potion recipe for the gemcrafting replaces Go-Juice with other, less technological, ingredients
    Autocast will not select targets out of line of sight - this was causing some abilities to move the casting pawn into a position it could see the target; this does not affect abilities that do not require line of sight
    Sentinels will now activate on manhunter animals

• Bug fixes:
    Pawns of non-standard sizes will only be drawn as their intended sizes
    Carrying capacity has been fixed for several traits that increased or decreased this state

Gungnier

Quote from: Torann on November 03, 2018, 03:29:35 AM
New class: Technomancer

I just checked it out in my testing save and planning on caravaning to magic faction bases to get it ASAP in main playtrough.

Just some question:
Both Overdrive and Sabotage mentions "Robots,Androids,Mechanoids" Sabotage mentions "Loss of ability to determine friend from foe" is that a temporary thing or you basically can tame mechanoids with it rarely? If its taming that would explain why Overdrive targets mechanoids. And about the Robots,Androids part i suppose it works stuff added by other mods like "Misc.Robots" , "Android Tiers" , "Androids" bye ChJess. But some of them works like pawns then i suppose the damage registers as injuries. I currently dont play with any of these mods thats why i'm asking.

And here my initial opinion and some more questions:

The trait itself: Looks fair bad at everything social and animal, just like me. The only thing i don't like is the Immunity gain speed reduction i already lost a lot of warlocks now looks like my technomancer will die a lot too. Just as with the warlock you need 2 bionic kidneys and a bionic liver to make it about the same as a normal pawn or a druid for instacure. The immunity gain stat is a little absurd on some classes i had warlocks die with good medicine and a fire mage survive the same with no medicine. With the extra 40% fire mages basically laugh at multiple infections. Meanwhile warlocks have about 40%-60% mortality rate before industrial tech medicine.

Engineer Weapon: Looks fine and can be really strong with modded weapons (which i tested with rimsenal vanilla and it works (the copied weapon was named assault rifle tho, but the stats was copied)) Does elemental shot costs mana per projectile or per "shot". The description on the hotbar makes more sense with projectiles but the one in the magic tab mentions shot. If its per "shot" then all the projectile gets the elemental attribute? (for example with a minigun if you got the proc then all the bullets counts as a fire shot.
About the upgrade which increase the Burst shot count its 30% increase on max upgrade that means with having a burst shot of 2 it becomes 3 and i include some quick calculations ( 2->3 , 3->4 , 4->5 .....) so the breakpoints where you get an extra burst shot is ( 2 , 5 , 9 , 12 ...) I will test this later but i hope i understood the calculations properly. Before calculating i had dreams of burst shot of doomsday rockets.

Mark-IV turret: It would be really nice to see the current stats of the turret somewhere but on first imression looks fine.And i like the idea of being able to "man the turret" from range.Could be a really awsome option for a brawler pawn if you want to shoot with it while staying in the chokepoint with a shield belt. And it could be really well utilized with having an other pawn open/close a door to put the turret outside.

Techno-Bit: If the pawn is a constructor or crafter it sounds like a must pick option. And it needs testing but compared to the weapon almost sounds better as a "weapon" The explosives with having a baseline AOE effect and the EMP being more consistent compared to the frost shot on mechs. I didn't manage to get it repair walls while drafted (it works while undrafted). In lategame i'm having a constant problem of destroying my own plasteel walls/sandbags and other stuff with magic so i'm really hyped for the repair function i just hope it can keep up with the destruction.

Orbital Strike: A pretty straight up ultimate I just feel like it should be castable without line of sight. Or have an orbital trageter which is like the ranger trap (you need to place it in melee) but later you can target it from anywhere on the map.

For my current conclusion: I havent tested it enough but currently i prefer Techno-bit by far. The grenades are almost as good as the entire bonus of engineer weapon and you get a lot of extra on top of that.I would only not pick it if my pawn is both incapable of constructing and crafting. My 2nd choice would be the turret .I dont think i would ever pick the current Engineer weapon Techno-Bit feels better and if the pawn is incapable i feel like having it operate its own turret from afar is much safer.