[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Suggestion for the Geomancer: How about a spell, that uncoveres a nearby, hidden resource vein?

Canute

Quote from: Jecmenn on November 09, 2018, 02:48:19 PM
There's some kind of conflict with Rimsenal mods (clothing and/or weapons). When i have Rimsenal mods enabled, i can't cast any targeting spell, only can cast spells like blink.
Does the appareal got some kind of shielding ?
Then the shielding block the skill like a shield belt would do.

HSneak

Quote from: Jecmenn on November 08, 2018, 02:27:58 AM
After updating to 2.2.6.2 every long range spell (poison, lightning bolt, fireball, shadow bolt etc...) is broken. What i mean by that, is that pawns are not casting those spells at all. I can select the target, but when i click to use the spell, pawn stops for a second or two but no casting happens. Even in action bar the pawn is just "standing" and after that one or two seconds it just go do some other jobs.

Quote from: Jecmenn on November 09, 2018, 02:48:19 PM
There's some kind of conflict with Rimsenal mods (clothing and/or weapons). When i have Rimsenal mods enabled, i can't cast any targeting spell, only can cast spells like blink.

I can confirm that, I also use Rimsenal (no shields in clothing or any other apparel my colonists are wearing) but cannot cast offensive target spells (the pawn stands there for 2-3 seconds), I still can use regenerate (upgraded with some points) but haven't tested other non-damaging target spells. I don't know if it's since 2.2.6.2 but i'm pretty sure when I tested the mod (before that version) even offensive spells were working (can't remember if Rimsenal was installed then).

NeoSono

Quote from: Torann on November 09, 2018, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: NeoSono on November 09, 2018, 07:44:40 AM
Hey, still love the mod and thanks again for your great work. Now to my question, is there any particular reason the technomancer can't learn blink? Im in the process of giving every mage in my colony blink for the easy xp, but somehow the technomancer I have on the offensive line can't learn blink.
I just tested this and had no issues with technomancer learning and retaining blink through save/load etc.  If they fail to read the scroll it should generate an error either telling you the pawn isn't a mage or that the spell can't be applied - are you getting either of those messages or another error that might explain why your technomancer can't learn blink?

It was the same message you get when you try to learn a fire spell with a water mage for example. I will check if I get errors while trying and report back after.

Torann

Going to need more info to figure out what's going on - I have every Rimsenal mod loaded and everything works as expected regardless of load order.  Regenerate and Blink do not require line of sight and can be used with a shield belt, so that's something they have in common.  There's many (6?) different rimsenal mods also, none of which have any code, they're all xml, which means this is almost certainly caused by something equipped interfering with use of projectiles.

Quote from: TheJinx on November 09, 2018, 01:35:45 PM
Speaking of a spell a class can't learn paladjn can't learn cauterize wound for some reason
Cauterize wound is fire mage only.  I see the confusion though, since it says "Mage Spell: Cauterize Wound" - I'll make the correction and change this to "Fire Spell: Cauterize Wound" per the naming convention.

TheJinx

Thanks for the clarification my lord

NeoSono

Man I derped hard. I just loaded the save and somehow he has blink, so I must have been so tired I didn't see that he already had blink even after I looked. sorry for that :(.

wrathofdog

Anyone have any suggestions on dealing with mana drain/sickness?  I was playing the Naked Brutality scenario, Randy Merciless, and my pawn was a mage.  A Mana Drain event happens and a little later my pawn drops dead. 

Not really sure if there was anything I could have done to prevent it.

Jan2607

Your mage could consume a mana potion (with the new recipe at the gem crafting bench you can craft them now in early game) to refill his mana.
And if he is a more experienced mage, spend some points for Spirit, so he has more mana (if the mana was not used) and it won't be drained that fast.

Torann

Quote from: wrathofdog on November 09, 2018, 08:55:52 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on dealing with mana drain/sickness?  I was playing the Naked Brutality scenario, Randy Merciless, and my pawn was a mage.  A Mana Drain event happens and a little later my pawn drops dead. 

Not really sure if there was anything I could have done to prevent it.
Mana drain is "map" only, so sending your mages away from the area until the drain passes is always an option.

Also, since this is a nice segue... the next patch will include some of the ideas by cortanakya to include a mana battery that will allow your colony to store mana for later use and will be a good defense against mana drain.

Jan2607

During mana drain, I had a mana loss of 0.96%/5s. My mages that have clarity full leveled, have a mana loss of 1.2%/5s. So the clarity skill seems also to increase the negative mana "gain" during mana drain. I don't think it should do this. It would be better if the clarity skill would reduce the mana loss.

HSneak

Btw about the non-working offensive target spells, here's what's in the console as soon as I select a spell (Shadow Bolt in this case) without casting it, the messages keep stacking :

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CPWeaponExt.HarmonyRailgun.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Prefix (Verse.Verb,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool,bool&) <0x0002f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Patch2 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool) <0x000b1>
at Verse.Verb.CanHitFromCellIgnoringRange (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.IntVec3&) <0x00238>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryFindShootLineFromTo_Patch1 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ShootLine&) <0x0062a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Targeter.TargeterUpdate_Patch3 (object) <0x002b8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate_Patch3 (object) <0x00069>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x0007a>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And here's what I get when I cast the spell
Exception in SetupToils for pawn Judge driver=TMJobDriver_CastAbilityVerb (toilIndex=-1) driver.job=(TMCastAbilityVerb (Job_1021150) A=(208, 0, 135)) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CPWeaponExt.HarmonyRailgun.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Prefix (Verse.Verb,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool,bool&) <0x0002f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Patch2 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool) <0x000b1>
at Verse.Verb.CanHitFromCellIgnoringRange (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.IntVec3&) <0x00238>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryFindShootLineFromTo_Patch1 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ShootLine&) <0x0062a>
at TorannMagic.TMJobDriver_CastAbilityVerb/<MakeNewToils>d__4.MoveNext () <0x00947>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils_Patch2 (object) <0x00117>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils_Patch2(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch2(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag)
AbilityUser.PawnAbility:UseAbility(AbilityContext, LocalTargetInfo)
AbilityUser.PawnAbility:TryCastAbility(AbilityContext, LocalTargetInfo)
AbilityUser.AbilityUserMod:ProcessInputEvents_PreFix(Targeter)
RimWorld.Targeter:ProcessInputEvents_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.MapInterface:HandleMapClicks()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

I use a sh*t-ton of mods, so I'm not complaining at all, just tryin to help especially seeing that others got the problem :)

wrathofdog

Quote from: Jan2607 on November 10, 2018, 12:07:13 PM
So the clarity skill seems also to increase the negative mana "gain" during mana drain.

It kind of makes sense, thematically.  The skill is called, "Clarity," implying a veil between the mage and the currents of mana, and a progressive clarifying of the veil as the skill is developed.  The thinner the veil, the faster your mage can replenish mana, but the faster it drains away when the tides of mana ebb. 

Edit:  I've noticed while playing with this that the Fire Mage's spell, Ray Of Hope, doesn't seem to improve as you put more points into it?  At least per the description, it's exactly the same at Rank 1 as Rank 0.  Similarly, it appears that Bard Training doesn't do anything, at least per the description.

HSneak

@Torann

Hey, I found the culprit (about the non-casting target spells), it's "Rimmu-Nation - Weapons (1.0)", as soon as I removed it, I could cast ShadowBolt with no problem (loaded a save file), so I thought you'd want to know; either to try to fix it, or at least to warn people about the incompatibility (for now). I've seen that in Steam Workshop, some people are having issues too.

Just a reminder for anyone stumbling upon this problem, as soon as you cast a targeting spell (offensive or other, I tried shadow bolt and cure disease), the pawn won't do anything and he'll be in "Standing" stance for like 2 or 3 seconds, then he'll come back to any normal task.
In the log file you'll find many instances of the same error repeating itself (or ingame dev mode, you'll see the same thing in console [not for all the spells though]), this is the error :

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Targeter.TargeterUpdate_Patch2 (object) <0x00288>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate_Patch3 (object) <0x00069>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x0007a>

I didn't test all the spells, but Shadow Bolt (which made me notice the bug for the first time) was working again when I removed Rimmu-Nation weapons mod.

NeoSono

I got a question, is it intended that pawns incapable of violence can learn violent mage classes through the ??? arcane script? I thought I would be clever and buy one of these and make my pawn a priest but she became an ice mage.