[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: Canute on January 07, 2019, 03:21:44 AM
Torann,
i got an idea about the magical heater and cooking.
Currently you can cook at the heater, which might be useful as mobile cooking for caravan too.
But it is hard to implement that the magical heater would work as fuel source for campfirel/Fueled stoves ?
So when the heater is next to them, they don't consume any fuel ?
Similar to the Cooking tools from Vegetable garden but give negative fuel consumation.
Hmm does that require a modcheck patch, so it worked for all VG cooking facilities too ?

I think that would be very handy on colder biome's on medivial playthrough.
That might make the heater a bit too good, but maybe that can be something the power-node can do since it's pretty much useless on a tech-restricted game.

Canute

Power node hmm, from the logical side why should it prevent a fuel consumption.
Basicly the understanding about this would require the Electrity research ! :-)

But from the balancing, it is ok.
It is possible to restrict the link connections ? So people don't get the idea to build campfire's around the powernode and would geting a high/cheap heat source at this way.

Gwaheer

@Torann

Looks like you corrected gold and silver requirements for armors bit too much. 5 gold instead of 500, 20 silver instead of 2000, you sure it's correct?

nvm: All is right now, this multipliers make me confused.  Sorry.

Can you share, how much wealth lvl 50 mage and lvl 50 fighter adds to colony wealth for raid calculations?

QuarianRex

Quote from: Torann on November 29, 2018, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: eksynn
question, is it possible to make it so you don't need to be in a class to learn other spells?
or at least make a trait that lets you learn any magic spell? like "attuned with the universal lay lines" or something
Maybe the class could have a mechanic that would learn/acquire random abilities and have ~5 abilities available at any given time and after a certain amount of time those abilities would cycle out for others.  I doubt this is what you're after though, since you wouldn't have control over which spells you had at any given time.

This actually seems really interesting to me.  What if you started with a random assortment of five spells from the various base class spells.  Whenever you spend a point on any of the upgrades for a spell then that spell would be locked in and wouldn't change.  If you wanted to change spells then you would have to initiate a mental break (include a button to do so), getting another random selection of starter spells in any unlocked spell slots. 

Members of this class would be denied access to any master spells, but would be able to learn any supplemental spells if they have points spent in a base spell for the appropriate class (eg. if he spent points learning Fireball then he would be able to read and learn Dry Ground). 

This would provide a fascinating grab-bag type character capable of sampling some of everything, but suffering long periods of insanity as he leaves his training up to chance and is forever denied the most powerful expressions of each school of magic.  Perhaps even call it a Thaumaturgic Cultist and fluff it as if he is communing with the very essence of magic/Elder Gods/whatever, desperately scraping together whatever scraps of enlightenment he can after gazing into abysses not meant for human eyes. 

Thoughts?

Canute

Torann,
with the v2.3.3.1 i am geting this 3 error when i want to spawn a caravan.
Error while generating pawn. Rethrowing. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.ModCheck.AlienHumanoidRaces.TryGetBackstory_DisallowedTrait (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,string) <0x0013f>
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/PawnGenerator_Patch.Postfix (Verse.Pawn) <0x021c5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateTraits_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00b32>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x0066d>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007bb>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch3 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn_Patch3(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling:GenerateParent(Pawn, Pawn, Gender, PawnGenerationRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling:CreateRelation(Pawn, Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawnRelations_Patch1(Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
AlienRace.HarmonyPatches:GenerateTraitsPrefix(Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateTraits_Patch2(Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:TryGenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Trader:GenerateTrader(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, TraderKindDef)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Trader:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, List`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns_Patch1(Object, PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey54:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
Error while generating pawn. Rethrowing. Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.ModCheck.AlienHumanoidRaces.TryGetBackstory_DisallowedTrait (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,string) <0x0013f>
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/PawnGenerator_Patch.Postfix (Verse.Pawn) <0x021c5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateTraits_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00b32>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x0066d>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007bb>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch3 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo) <0x0023b>
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (object,object[]) <0x0002f>
at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.GenerateTraitsPrefix (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0027b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateTraits_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00081>

RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Trader:GenerateTrader(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, TraderKindDef)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Trader:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, List`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns_Patch1(Object, PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
Exception while generating pawn group: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo) <0x0023b>
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (object,object[]) <0x0002f>
at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.GenerateTraitsPrefix (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0027b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateTraits_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00081>

https://git.io/fhZOe
With v2.3.1.2.3 caravan's worked before. I update to v2.3.3.1 yesterday.
Yep, just tested it, reverted to v2.3.1.2.3. and the caravan spawning worked.

snowshoes1818

Hi Torann. One qualm about the paracyte bush here. I've actually loved placing the bush all over my base not for the production of magicite but for the literally incredible look of the sprite. (I play on base builder and build myself little utopias, and your art here is pretty. <3)

Would it be at all feasible for you to introduce an entirely "sterile" strain of the plant that produces NO magicite and requires no leech?

Thank you for the consideration. 

Dijkstra

This mod made my game crash for some odd reason. I dont know what the problem is and i would really like to use this mod. Has this issue happened to anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

Canute

Dijkstra,
you know that mod need jecstools ? But even without that mod it shouldn't crash.
Could you post the logfile after a crash happen ? How to locate the logfile you can read at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
Press Reply first, then you got the option to attach file's to your answer.
At at last, do you use the 32 or 64 bit version. If you use the 32 bit version i think Rimworld may run out of memory.

Dijkstra

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2019, 03:30:02 AM
Dijkstra,
you know that mod need jecstools ? But even without that mod it shouldn't crash.
Could you post the logfile after a crash happen ? How to locate the logfile you can read at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
Press Reply first, then you got the option to attach file's to your answer.
At at last, do you use the 32 or 64 bit version. If you use the 32 bit version i think Rimworld may run out of memory.

I have the 64bit version and i do have jectools loaded before it. when i first installed it it showed some errors but after reinstalling it it was all ok. i even started a game with it and everything was alright. then somehow the game broke and as i said before it even got to the main menu (near the end of initializing) i got a "game crahed".

[attachment deleted due to age]

notfood

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:92cd7997.

Error occurred at 2019-01-09_045412.
E:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld.v1.0.2096\RimWorldWin64.exe, run by User.
87% memory in use.
8184 MB physical memory [1015 MB free].
16376 MB paging file [5413 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134209625 MB free].
Read from location 00000014 caused an access violation.

Either you ran out of memory or you got a bad sector in your memory stick.

Dijkstra

[quote
Either you ran out of memory or you got a bad sector in your memory stick.
[/quote]

is there a fix?

Canute

Before you investigate into the "out of memory" problem, does you encounter some other trouble like blue screen or crash randomly but often ?
If yes, then it is maybe a hardware issue.
but if not, ignore that at first.

You have ALOT of previous mod errors.
You should rebuild your modlist.
Deactivate all mods at first (beside hugslib,jecstools,modmanger,Alienrace).
Then reactivate them 5-10 at once, check if you got error's at the log.
Identify that mod and look for updates, ask at the mod discussion about it.
It is better not to use a mod that cause error's on Rimworld start, they raise the chance for a gamebreaking error later.
And you will bite yourself later when a colony isn't playable anymore.

Dijkstra

Right now i slowly going through all the errors. Ive redone the mod list and switched epoe with rahs. im trying to find a fix for the animal mods. animal mods always cause a problem. this mod was the biggest problem so i though i would report it. if there isnt a fix then i guess ill play it in the future.

Dijkstra

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2019, 07:50:30 AM
Before you investigate into the "out of memory" problem, does you encounter some other trouble like blue screen or crash randomly but often ?
If yes, then it is maybe a hardware issue.
but if not, ignore that at first.

Oh and i forgot to say i dont get blue screens or anything like that

Canute

Then i think all these previous errors cause some internal memory problems at Rimworld/unity/mono.