[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

It COULD be used as a one-shot ability, sacrificing the sprite to convert a few tiles to stony soil - which another sprite would then need to convert to soil. Or alternately, sacrificing the sprite to create fertile soil.

Gungnier

My geomancer got bugged and somehow skill points can go into minus (they can't learn new abilities but i can upgrade everything). I tested earthern hammer and its kinda strange it tends to miss a lot but when it hits its like a truck. Earth sprites are fine but it would be nice if they have bigger search range (i always forget to recast it). Stoneskin is the real mvp ability in my opinion its really powerfull soaking 10 hit but it would be nice if you would have a "refresh stacks" button instead having to remove and recast again.

On the psionic i really like it but The strange hovering meanwhile psionic storm is kinda derpy its strange to see it fly over structures and at the end of the cast its easy to get stuck in strange places. It would be nice if it would fly back to the starting point. 2nd problem is tracking psionic energy you kinda have to check it in combat a lot of times and its hard to track from the health tab it would be nice to have something like the shield belt showing. It would be nice if endurance/cordination/fitness would affect psionic energy too.

Tho its an old problem but ranger's arrow storm still can't really hit moving targets which is awkward i dont know if its intended

Torann

Uploaded a quick patch for the following:

Quote from: Gungnier on September 02, 2018, 07:04:16 PM
My geomancer got bugged and somehow skill points can go into minus (they can't learn new abilities but i can upgrade everything).
Fixed.

On the psionic i really like it but... It would be nice if it would fly back to the starting point.
Changed it so they return to starting position.

I'm looking at adding a gizmo (like the shield belt) to show mana, stamina, psionic energy.

Quote from: Treason5240 on September 01, 2018, 04:43:45 PM
..except..are Sentinels supposed to show up from psychic/poison ship parts in place of mechanoids?
I added a custom skin type def for elementals and sentinels.  Now they don't bleed OR show up to the party during 'mechanoid' events.

Spetse

Loving all the new additions! was wondering though, is it intended for psionic abilities to trigger during social fights? in my colony I have a psionic that is feuding with another colonist, every social fight ends with the other colonist nearly dead due to psionic wounds.

Edramon

Playing with this mod in B19 and encountered an issue yesterday.

Broke into an ancient danger which contained a fire elemental, a water elemental and a mechanoid lancer. My necromancer and her minions were able to down the elementals but nothing I could do would kill them including Dev-Mode Damage To Death and Kill.
Reloaded to a point before opening, got some error log messages that mentioned elementals (afraid I didn't save them) and tested again, still couldn't kill the elementals. Dev-mode Destroy removed them.
I've not previously encountered elementals, but I assume that's not right.

Also are necromancers supposed to be harmed by their Fog of Torment spell or not? I had a short game in B18 with a necro fighting inside their cloud fine - this time my necro is hurt by it. Which is intentional?

rawrfisher

Gonna try this out.

Manhunter pack of wind elemental that just wander around where they spawned in
Hmm had a seige and soon as it arrived my game took a MASSIVE hit to the frame rate.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Torann

Updated to 2.2.4 - Fixes some bugs with minions, caravans, and trade dialog.

Adds a gizmo to the ability bar that shows mana, stamina, and psionic energy, also added a button for psionics to enable/disable their automatic use of augments.  Full details in the update notes.

Quote from: Edramon on September 04, 2018, 12:13:27 PM
Playing with this mod in B19 and encountered an issue yesterday.

Broke into an ancient danger which contained a fire elemental, a water elemental and a mechanoid lancer.
The bug with elementals (and sentinels) spawning during events where you'd typically find mechanoids was fixed, but any existing elementals (like those unspawned in ancient danger caskets) can't be killed outside of dev mod "destroy."  New elementals should be fine.

Also are necromancers supposed to be harmed by their Fog of Torment spell or not? I had a short game in B18 with a necro fighting inside their cloud fine - this time my necro is hurt by it. Which is intentional?
Necromancers are not immune to pain/torment magic.  However, the lich is, and if you're upgraded to a lich then fog of torment will heal you just like it heals the undead.

There's a bug where sentinels and elementals will still arrive in manhunter packs.  I'll try to have that fixed next update.

rawrfisher

Called SpawnedPawnsInFaction with null faction.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.MapPawns:SpawnedPawnsInFaction(Faction)
TorannMagic.Building_TMElementalRift:SingleSpawnLoop(SpawnThings, IntVec3, Map)
TorannMagic.Building_TMElementalRift:SpawnCycle()
TorannMagic.Building_TMElementalRift:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Probly already fixed but hey  figured I would ask about it

Exception ticking TM_Blizzard_Small765283: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenGrid.InBounds (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller+<HitRoof>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__2 (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.IntVec3].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RoofCollapserImmediate.DropRoofInCells (IEnumerable`1 cells, Verse.Map map, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outCrushedThings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller.HitRoof () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.TickList:Tick()

Sorry console is working again now that I cleaned up the mess caused my another mod :L
Professional jerk

wrathofdog

I may be missing something, but it appears that gladiators don't have access to the "cleave" skill?  Or maybe it requires an initial point to get access to, but whirlwind, sprint, and grapple all are available without investing any points so I'm not sure.

rawrfisher

Faction Pact of Southern Notcount of def Seers has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms groupKind=Peaceful, tile=80774, inhabitants=False, points=612.4346, faction=Pact of Southern Notcount, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, dontUseSingleUseRocketLaunchers=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False, seed=
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Linq.Enumerable:Count(IEnumerable`1)
JecsTools.HarmonyPatches:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean, IEnumerable`1&)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility:GeneratePawns_Patch1(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TravelerGroup:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()

Just something trivial I ran across
Professional jerk

bladerunner170

Hey! I've been working on making some proper sprites that are more in line with Rimworld's art style. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at them and tell me what you think! I'm still working on tweaking and modifying them, but I think that even the unfinished ones are an improvement over the old ones. I'd have no problem with them being implemented into the mod if you think they're alright

[attachment deleted due to age]

Gungnier

I found two bug again.

geomancer: When you have a prisoner sentinels awkwardly run around (goes back to staying in one place after you recruit/release the prisoner)

Ranger: Animal friend instead of renewing the bond simply makes the animal vanish. (casted on an animal which was tamed by the ability before) . And i don't know if its intended but to renew the bond you need 90% stamina but if you have a companion you are limited to maximum 70%. Its possible to use with upgrade tho...

Dr Roach

I've got this gigantic error log that the game throws me when I add Terra Project Core, of all things. It deactivates all mods afterwards

[attachment deleted due to age]

Torann

@rawrfisher
Ill take a look, probably trying to use an out of bounds cell during blizzard.

@wrathofdog
Cleave for gladiator is completely automated now, so you wont get a button.  It has a chance of cleaving based on skills and weapon weight, heavier weapons more likely to cleave.  It does take stamina, so it wont happen if youre low on stamina.

@bladerunner170
Ill take a look, can you send me a pm with a download link on dropbox or w/e?  Are these sprites made with the intent to be used with specific abilities from this mod?

@gungnier
Good finds. The sentinel bug should be an easy fix, the animal bond should update the bond buffs automatically and ill adjust the cost to make sense in both cases.

@Dr Roach
Never tried Terra Project Core so ill have to see why it might be conflicting.

rawrfisher

I noticed the gladiator seems to be able to pass through embrasures added by some mods.
When I first saw it I didnt think anything of it but I finally got a gladiator and read over its skills.  Nothing in it seems to suggest the ability to pass through embrasures but I noticed the gladiator that did it used a skill with the animation of a tornado.  I think that was whirlwind.  Do you think thats possible?

https://makeagif.com/i/sZO3F6  Managed to make a gif of it but took 20 takes to get this horrid quality one.  Rest were even worse
Professional jerk