[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladerunner170

Quote from: Torann on September 09, 2018, 01:59:55 PM

@bladerunner170
Ill take a look, can you send me a pm with a download link on dropbox or w/e?  Are these sprites made with the intent to be used with specific abilities from this mod?

I sent you a PM!

At least...I think I did. Let me know if you have it.

wrathofdog

Quote from: Torann on September 09, 2018, 01:59:55 PM
@wrathofdog
Cleave for gladiator is completely automated now, so you wont get a button.  It has a chance of cleaving based on skills and weapon weight, heavier weapons more likely to cleave.  It does take stamina, so it wont happen if youre low on stamina.

That's actually really cool.  Loving the mod, btw!

rawrfisher

Hmm Do necros share the burden of maintaining the undead?

I have 3 necos and 1 summoned 5 undead the other 2 dont have any but still pay upkeep for undead
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Gungnier

Idk if its a bug or feature again but i just got the champion aspiration without having any bard type pawns. And on ranger the animal friend animal gets pre trained fully as it stated but it still looses training like normal animals in B19. Which means you can get into a situation (like me) you tame an animal with the skill but it slowly looses tamed skills cuz you dont have any pawn with high enough animal taming to maintain it.

GideonHidolka

Every update there are a lot of mods that I worry wont update, but I can live without some of them, begrudgingly.

But this, and Jecrells cosmic horrors I cant. Rimworld wouldn't be the same without this mod, its a game changer. Thanks for updating it to b19

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on September 11, 2018, 04:39:11 PM
Idk if its a bug or feature again but i just got the champion aspiration without having any bard type pawns. And on ranger the animal friend animal gets pre trained fully as it stated but it still looses training like normal animals in B19. Which means you can get into a situation (like me) you tame an animal with the skill but it slowly looses tamed skills cuz you dont have any pawn with high enough animal taming to maintain it.
The inspiration is not a bug, it can happen without a bard, but a bard is much more likely to grant a more powerful inspiration (as long as they have the appropriate skill) than the game. There were 6 new inspirations added as part of the mod to make the Bard skill more robust. The bonded animals loosing training is just me not catching up to everything new in B19.  I'll have that fixed the next update.

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 10, 2018, 02:55:23 AM
Hmm Do necros share the burden of maintaining the undead?

I have 3 necos and 1 summoned 5 undead the other 2 dont have any but still pay upkeep for undead
Yes, all the undead of a faction are maintained by the necros/lichs of the same faction on the same map.  Undead are not assigned to a master pawn like a minion and the upkeep cost is split evenly regardless of the necro/lich strength as a mage.  If a necro/lich fails to pay their portion of the upkeep (ie 0 mana and gain per tick is negative) then that cost is split to the remaining necro's.  If no necro is able to maintain the undead, they will automatically be consumed - similar to consume corpse.

rawrfisher

Oh ok. 
Also the skill degredation applies to undead animals too.

Exception ticking Projectile_SummonMinion763452 (at (250, 0, 131)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.UpdateAllDuties () <0x00297>
at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.Notify_PawnLost (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.Group.PawnLostCondition) <0x0001b>
at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.Notify_PawnLost (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.Group.PawnLostCondition,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>) <0x002b3>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Destroy_Patch1 (object,Verse.DestroyMode) <0x00337>
at TorannMagic.Projectile_SummonMinion.SingleSpawnLoop (AbilityUser.SpawnThings,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map) <0x0054f>
at TorannMagic.Projectile_SummonMinion.Impact (Verse.Thing) <0x00614>
at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.ImpactSomething () <0x00554>
at AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase.Tick () <0x00117>
at TorannMagic.Projectile_SummonMinion.Tick () <0x0001c>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Got this during a seige
The summoner was summoning an endless stream of minions that were invincible to all but the dev commands.  Was annoying but then again they were kept busy by my tanks :P

Exception ticking Yuzuki (at (105, 0, 105)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.Need_Mana.GainNeed (single) <0x0017c>
at TorannMagic.Need_Mana.NeedInterval () <0x00034>
at RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.NeedsTrackerTick () <0x0006c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00329>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

One of my prisoners is causing this.  The rest are mages as well but dont trigger this type of error for some reason
The class of the mentioned pawn is fire mage

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalColonist TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) AbilityUserAI.AbilityWorker.CanPawnUseThisAbility_Patch1 (object,AbilityUserAI.AbilityAIDef,Verse.Pawn,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x000e3>
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/CanPawnUseThisAbility_Patch.Prefix (AbilityUserAI.AbilityAIDef,Verse.Pawn,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,bool&) <0x00169>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) AbilityUserAI.AbilityAIDef.CanPawnUseThisAbility_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x0008b>
at AbilityUserAI.AbilityDecisionNode_PickAbilityWithMatchingTags.TryPickAbility (Verse.Pawn) <0x00906>
at AbilityUserAI.AbilityDecisionNode.RecursivelyGetAbility (Verse.Pawn) <0x00037>
at AbilityUserAI.AbilityDecisionNode.RecursivelyGetAbility (Verse.Pawn) <0x000bf>
at AbilityUserAI.AbilityDecisionNode.RecursivelyGetAbility (Verse.Pawn) <0x000bf>
at AbilityUserAI.JobGiver_AIAbilityUser.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn) <0x001be>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00039>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00130>

Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch2(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:CheckForJobOverride()
Verse.AI.Group.TransitionAction_CheckForJobOverride:DoAction(Transition)
Verse.AI.Group.Transition:Execute(Lord)
Verse.AI.Group.Transition:CheckSignal(Lord, TriggerSignal)
Verse.AI.Group.Lord:CheckTransitionOnSignal(TriggerSignal)
Verse.AI.Group.Lord:Notify_PawnDamaged(Pawn, DamageInfo)
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:PreApplyDamage_Patch3(Object, DamageInfo, Boolean&)
Verse.Pawn:PreApplyDamage(DamageInfo&, Boolean&)
Verse.Thing:TakeDamage_Patch1(Object, DamageInfo)
RimWorld.Bullet:Impact(Thing)
Verse.Projectile:ImpactSomething()
Verse.Projectile:Tick_Patch1(Object)

Sorry torran I have a bad habit of breaking things
Professional jerk

Torann

Patched version 2.2.4.1 fixes the following bugs:

• Psionics will no longer clear colonist registration

• A psionic using Psionic Storm will stop before moving off the map

• Elementals, demons, and sentinels will no longer show up as manhunter packs, random joins, or herd migrations
  • Additional safeguards to prevent ranger traps from failing and to recover in the event they do
  • Consume corpse will return a set amount per target; random values are no longer used though mana returned still depends on the quality of the target
  • Skills will cooldown while a pawn is in a caravan (or cryptocasket)
  • Trained and undead animals will periodically retrain themselves to prevent loss of tameness; training in "Augmented Bond" will automatically take effect (within 10s) without the need to dismiss or tame another animal
  • Sentinels no longer 'activate' on prisoners and will attempt to stop prisoners during a prison break
  • Earth Sprites will now correctly apply the amount of time it takes to transform soil after the ability is first used - this was incorrectly set for 5 seconds when it should take 5.5 minutes for each transformation; subsequent transformations take the intended time
  • Falling objects during an elemental rift event should more accurately detect and avoid invalid cells; additional checks when using several skills near the edge of the map were added to prevent out of bound exceptions

Still working on more bugs but figured I'd push this one out for now.

Gungnier

New bug report again on my Geomancer i used encase near psychic ship so i only have to fight half of them first but when it timed out the ship vanished too.

By the way awsome work with all the bugfixing and new stuff.

#EDIT#  I found one with faceless too: When an enemy takes over my pawn its work tab priorities reset after i get it back from posession.

rawrfisher

Either I failed the update 20 times in a row or somthings making the sentinals attack my prisoners >.>
Professional jerk

TheJinx

I feel like Psionic should have faster psionic energy regen it really slows down the fluidity of Psionic maybe new apparel that can stack psionic energy regen?

TheJinx

It just kinda feels unbalanced considering that you need high psionic energy to effectively use the moves but it's not really fast enough to be able to use more than 2-3 moves in combat maybe if there was stat boost for psionic energy that must just fix it

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on September 13, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
New bug report again on my Geomancer i used encase near psychic ship so i only have to fight half of them first but when it timed out the ship vanished too.
Was not able to reproduce this after quite a few tries (psychic ship or poison ship), does this happen every time for you?

#EDIT#  I found one with faceless too: When an enemy takes over my pawn its work tab priorities reset after i get it back from posession.
Interesting, should be an easy fix, thanks for letting me know.

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 14, 2018, 12:38:28 PM
Either I failed the update 20 times in a row or somthings making the sentinals attack my prisoners >.>
It seems to be working fine for me - is the prisoner inside a designated prison cell?  Anything else you can tell me that might help me reproduce the bug?

Quote from: TheJinx on September 14, 2018, 07:24:58 PM
I feel like Psionic should have faster psionic energy regen it really slows down the fluidity of Psionic
Thanks for the feedback.  The psionic is still under evaluation in regards to balance and playstyle and I'll take your suggestion into account.

The Psionic was designed to work most efficiently when balancing psionic blast with psionic dash.  Psi blast gets a nice bonus at high energy levels but drops off rapidly, and only uses a little stamina, so it's a good opener.  Psi dash is the opposite, requiring almost no psi energy and mostly stamina and is the more sustainable of the two in a large fight.  There's also a lot of versatility in the class with psi storm being a huge mage-like attack and barrier (particularly projected barrier) allowing a lot of clever tactics (like dropping it on a group of enemy shooters or a heavy weapon while it's warming up).  On top of that, you get augmented attacks (given, they still need a little tweaking). 

I'll admit though, I haven't had a chance to do a playthrough with a psionic yet, so the intended playstyle might need some tweaking.

rawrfisher

@Torann
Heres my output log.
https://git.io/fAXjg

I was posting this for a different reason then the sentinal thing.  Thats just a minor nusence but yes they attack it both inside and outside the cell.  I do use prison labor so that might be the issue.

As for that log.  Could just be coincidence but all mentioned charactors are orassin mages
Professional jerk

Gungnier

The vanishing ship bug i tried to reproduce it it only happened once which is strange. I tested a little more with geomancer (i play normally not with dev tools so its kinda slow to test stuff). And the meteor spell is awsome i found its best to plug up the holes in walls when sappers attack to cut the raid in half while killing some. I used it in my garden when i had a psyhich ship event and it was working fine but i realized it turns the floor into rough stone (it destroyed half of my fertile soil).

After this its a long analizing about the classes etc.. so only read if you are interested its mostly my personal opinion:

I didnt manage to get the paladin holy wrath until now (cuz i usually avoid everything not blademaster/faceless), but the spell is awsome probably best overall melee class if you can get the spell. Having a ranged AOE spell which usable with shield belt and do not do friendly fire is awsome.

I retested all melee character and with the changes in B19 and updates to the mod they become pretty balanced, here my opinion on them (from strongest to weakest in order):

Paladin: Still a hard to kill tank and healer (and still best doorfiller) but dont really give anything offensive wise until you get ultimate but with ultimate its pretty much S tier.

Gladiator: With the new changes from weakest it become the 2nd best and best damage wise. Foritude is strong baseline and if you manage to get a tough trait berserker its a beast. And the passive cleave (i wonder if it stacks with thrumbo axe cleave ???) and the grapple makes it really strong. Currently after testing i found it whirwind simply doesnt worth the points, all of your other abilities passively eat up your stamina anyway and you want it for grapple too just ignore it and go for the passives.

Blademaster: Pretty good doorfiller and all around pawn cuz the passives and can deal some ranged damage too (especially in corridors). and with the huge range teleport and extra movement speed probably best at chasing down escaping pawns. From all the melees probably the most balanced all around class.

Faceless:Decent doorfiller, It would be probably the best if you would be able to cast spells (ranged ones) you copied with a shield belt. In the colony normally when you defend its pretty weak but it becomes really usefull on caravans.

Psionic: To be honest it's more like a hybrid class not really melee currently after testing i found it better with a gun and just using psionic blast/storm and ignoring the dash and barrier. With barrier it has a potential to become a tank but paladin and gladiator do a better job.

All around i found melee's much more usefull in b19 with all the changes and in bigger colonies they are mandatory for higher difficulties.

On the psionic i like its kit all the abilities look really cool and strong when you use it alone but with group fight it becomes awkward they are kinda weak (defensive wise) in melee, and some of their abilities not that good from range. I would really like it if instead of being a melee it would be a gunslinger type class with handgun or even better having a built-in "ghost" gun firing psionic energy "bullets". I would imagine it like a handgun statwise but with augmentation it could do a burst of rapid fire on 100% energy. And if its get into melee it could be like now and simply dont allow it equip any weapons. It could even get an ultimate spell which instead giving a spell simply upgrades its base gun. Of course this concept could be used in a new pisonic type class too.

I still find magicyte a strange crafting material meanwhile its easy to get but you need absurd quantities in games. In an avarage game (lets count it about 4-5 year long and about 12-15 pawns). I usually craft about 4-5 wands and maybe 1-2 minor spells and i pretty much run out of magicyte and even getting it from vendors they carry like 20 on avarage nad you need over 200 for anything good based on this you need 10 caravan whic carries it that can be several ingame years. Best source is currently elemental raids but thats not much either. Even when i play a mountain base i can't get ot the point to actually craft high level items but i usually manage to collect enough to craft two important ultimate spells.

I think if you would give more magicyte or lower the craft cost it would become really OP so it would be nice to maybe switch up some materials so instead needing that much magicyte let it cost more uranium/jade/gold/hyperweave etc...

Currently in games where i try my best i only research the basic wands in lategame and ignore everything else cuz crafting 1-2 item doesnt worth the research. (basic lightning wand still awsome for stun).

On the last week i mainly focused on the melee classes but the ranged classes are pretty much the same as in B18 balance wise Only the succubus feels little too powerfull especially with the new changes cuz currently 1-2 succubus let you skip having melees with pulling everything together.

About the casters/ranged:

Ranger: With the problems fixed i find it overal balanced more of an early game class lategame bow-s are kinda lackluster maybe with an addition of a new bow made with magicyte could make it perfect for lategame (or maybe rare loot from caravan events)

Geomancer: Pretty much a support class, Earthern hammer which is the baseline offensive spell is hard to use and on a long fights give cover to enemies so i usually skip the ability. All of its other spells are good but cuz i pretty much let the Earth sprite work all the time i usually don't have mana to do anything interesting when a raid comes. It has the potential to become extremely strong lategame with meteor and multiple sentinels,stoneskin but with the harsh mana need you need to pump into spirit and focus and gear and into the ability upgrades too so most runs finish before i could even properly use the spells.The best build i found currently i reduce the mana cost of earth sprite to 50% and just keep up as many stoneskin to have like 60% max mana so i can encase in combat and cast earth sprite when i want. Meanwhile meteor is awsome looking but with its high mana cost you can't use anything else if you want to keep enough mana for meteor (and its weaker compared to the elemental mage baseline AOE's) and for zoning encase do the same or even better.

Bard:Really good to give inspiration for your crafters but mostly fully passive. In lategame the Battle Hymn are powerfull but at that point fights tend to be really long and the buff ramps up fast and after that it vanishes in most time the buff thends to be on for about the 1/3 or 1/4 of the fight maybe it would better if the song ramps up a little bit slower (lingering note is needed for the range but the 2nd part is more of a downgrade in my opinion). It would be a nice upgrade for it if on verses it would have a chance to proc those juicy heroic inspirations (I almost never get them when i want anyway).

Priest:Best non-combat class because purify and resurrection but i would really love if resurrection would cost material instead mana or have a really long cast time with no mana cost cuz in lategame i found it better to simply not use any abilities of the priest so in case anybody die i can resurrect quickly.I always try to get this ultimate first cuz makes capturing good pawns easy and purify enables the use of drugs without worry so i can boost my workers all the time and i can solve any mood issues too. Bestow might and the other buff type spells tend to be weak compared to other spells on the classes which have them i think it would be a good idea to rework them in similar manner the psionic uses buffs.Sadly in later gameplays i found priest and its book extremely rare somehow idk if its bad luck or change.

About the not mentioned classes the same stays i wrote in the previous "probably too long" forum post.