[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on September 17, 2018, 08:23:51 PM
By the way i have a lot of new class type ideas but that would be a "too long" forum post again if you have ideas fleshed out just working on implementing i will keep them for later but if you are interested i dont mind writing a small novel again :)
I'm always open to new ideas.  There is a discussion thread for this mod on steam that lists the currently considered classes, so that might be a good place to start.
The next three classes are pretty much decided: Technomancer, Death Knight, and Blood Mage

Holvr

Quote from: Torann on August 21, 2018, 04:45:29 PM
As to the option to be able to choose which classes appear in a playthrough - maybe you just hate a certain class or think they're just too OP and want to remove them? I think adding options to select, on a case by case basis, which classes appear and which don't would be a fantastic addition and I've added it to my to-do list.
Thank you for a quick response (even though I myself am visiting the forums rather scarcely recently), as well as for clearing the traits mechanics for me - I wasn't aware you can only roll the basic ones.

And I'm extremely glad you're so open to the idea of adding the option to disable certain classes for each specific playthrough. Far too many modders are often too pride to do it, on the basis that "I've put work into every part of this mod, so if you don't like it, don't use the whole mod". You have my utmost appreciation for not going down that route.

TheJinx

Torann I'm not sure if you familiar with world of Warcraft but with the lich and the death knight...well let's just say Kel'Thuzad is gonna have his buddy back ;)

rawrfisher

Will the technomancer be reviving mechanoids?

If so I would love to see how it plays with roolo's mods :P
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

lethaius

technomancer seems awesome! but i gotta ask, is there a way to let zombies keep their magic and or shooting skills? or would it be possible to add a way to make higher end undead, like mages or fellow necromancers you can slave the undead to? because i just found out that by sending them out on a caravan i lost about 20 zombies

rawrfisher

Theres a couple class's that seem to keep their abilities.  Both are melee with stamina
Professional jerk

lethaius

rawrfisher

I also wanna mention that zombieland's hedeff's stay on the undead and the wounds wont heal at all.
Professional jerk

Torann

Quote from: lethaius on September 18, 2018, 08:31:37 PM
technomancer seems awesome! but i gotta ask, is there a way to let zombies keep their magic and or shooting skills? or would it be possible to add a way to make higher end undead, like mages or fellow necromancers you can slave the undead to? because i just found out that by sending them out on a caravan i lost about 20 zombies
Caravans are just like colony maps, if there is no necro or lich to keep the undead active, they cease to be undead. You have to send a necromancer or lich with the undead in a caravan otherwise they decay (poof) - anything they carry gets offloaded to other members of the caravan.  It's worth noting that if you make a caravan of only undead (undead/lich) you can travel at night since they never need to stop to rest.  Necro's don't count as undead, so this is another perk of having a lich. 

I don't plan to ever let undead have abilities - undead are only supposed to be semi-capable pawns.  They can appear to keep their abilities when revived but they won't have any stamina/mana and you'll get the message that the ability can't be used.  When you reload the game, the abilities should also be removed.

Spetse

can't wait to see those new classes! will be very interested in seeing how the technomancer plays with tech mods. maybe even adding some magitech?

Gungnier

After playing about 20 hour with the newly rebalanced psionic i found them really awsome. The single reason for it they can be used very differently (i had 3 psionics 2 still alive). And i found 3 different build which all works differently but awsome.

First (AOE build): Probably best for big colonies which has to kill mass of enemies, Have it use a gun And max on Psionic Storm which will burn all of your psionic energy pretty fast. After that you can just use it as a shooter maybe if you want to micromanage the augment disable before fight and enable for Augment mind extra damage.

2nd (Barrier block): For big colonies again Just max out the psionic barrier and Augment manipulation, grab a shield belt and stay unarmed. Just sit in the door having 3 ranged shooting behind and basically the barrier gives a 2nd shield belt layer, extremely effective lategame and you can tank a lot and if something arrives in melee you have a good chance to kick it back with the augment just be carefull to not charge out accidently.

3rd (Passive bruiser): It focuses on maxing out the augment manipulation and movement (Do not put points into mind or the pawn will waste your energy) and Psionic dash, lategame the main use of this and probably best in this role is priority targeting (i used arcane mages before psionic for this which arguably still safer) the use is simple: you see an AOE mage you just dash into meele to force the AI to melee instead casting spells. The role itself was nerfed cuz you can't see which spells they have anymore but still crucial especially in caravan fights or in scenarios when you fight in the open. Of course this build is a decent melee offensive fighter too. The main advantage of this build when you are early game you want to focus on psionic dash so you can gun and kite when melee's attack you so you can win fight without injuries before building killboxes or having enough manpower, You just wait until the melee is in almost front of you and just dash trough and shoot and repeat it until they are dead. And if the enemy is a shooter you can just drop your gun on the floor and dash into meele. With this build i can't imagine anything beating it 1v1 or even 1v2.

The psionic blast is good ability too especially if you lack midgame AOE skill but i found it pretty inaccurate and too much RNG to be use on the long run, sometimes it oneshots smaller groups sometimes it does nothing even in 2-3 casts. It has the same problems as the warlock and succubi with their skillshots.

Don't forget your psionic dash is the only skill which doesnt use energy only stamina so if you find yourself runing out of psionic energy just put some point into dash it can deal decent damage even if you just rush in and back.

About the geomancer i managed to make the vanishing stuff happen again but i don't know what triggered it sometimes happen but most times not, it made a ship vanish again and when i used it in my killbox it overlapped with my walls and some walls and a door vanished too but looks to be random happening maybe it triggers when stuff get damaged around it or something and i found that too if you cast it in a place where a lot of stuff happening it like to leave holes in the "prison". I may do some dev mode testing later. (it makes stuff vanish not destroyed cuz ship dodnt leave the ussual steel and components behind and walls/door didnt even trigger the automatic rebuild plans.

minor bug: Bard Lullaby description has "Area of Effect Properties Targets: Targets: "

Question: Does the necro/lich pawn get debuffs for seeing undead? I'm thinking about a scenario which forces everybody into a necromancer and having a necro only run.

Lastly i kinda want a skill reset like item cuz i have no way to remove the Augment Mind points and i found it i never want it to use up my energy. currently i just turn off the augments before every fight and turn them back on when i'm in melee or when i want to "move" with it.

rawrfisher

Kat doing ThinkNode_Duty with no duty.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Kat doing ThinkNode_DutyConstant with no duty.
RimWorld.ThinkNode_DutyConstant:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.UpdateAllDuties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.LordToilTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()

All 3 triggered by a trade caravan member posessing a member of a seiging enemy group.  The lag caused by it crippled my game
Professional jerk

Torann

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 19, 2018, 04:46:53 PM
Kat doing ThinkNode_Duty with no duty.

All 3 triggered by a trade caravan member posessing a member of a seiging enemy group.  The lag caused by it crippled my game
What is "Kat"?
There's nothing unique about a magic pawn, lord toils and sieges, so I'm not really sure how to fix this since there's nothing that indicates it has anything to do with the mod?

rawrfisher

Kat was a human pawn that got possessed by another human pawn.
I dont know all the context since I didnt notice till my game dropped to 1 frame per second
Kat was one of the enemies seiging my base
Its possible theres more to it then I'm aware of and this could have just been a symptom of another problem.
Professional jerk

Torann

Ah ok, that makes more sense.  I was able to reproduce that error and make a fix for it.