[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toketsu

Quote from: Canute on January 20, 2018, 05:21:37 AM
I got these errors too, but once i moved TMagic at the end of the modlist they didn't appear anymore.
But didn't helped at your case you said.
When did you update jecstools the last time ?
I use steam workshop, so i don't need manual updating, as far as i know.

crusader2010

Hi. Can someone tell me the best way to equip a mage? What I mean is, if the pawn also has a weapon and gets drafted, what is he going to use, spells or the weapon?

In other words, is it best to leave mages unarmed or... ?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Torann

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 20, 2018, 02:12:25 PM
Hi. Can someone tell me the best way to equip a mage? What I mean is, if the pawn also has a weapon and gets drafted, what is he going to use, spells or the weapon?

In other words, is it best to leave mages unarmed or... ?
Hi Crusader.  Some of this depends on the mage or combat class.  Bladedancers require a melee weapon to use their skills and Snipers require a ranged weapon and a Gladiator does best with a melee weapon (imo).  The magic classes don't have weapon restrictions and methods of attack (weapon or magic) are independent, meaning a mage can cast spells and use weapons at the same time.  Spells are directed and in addition to your weapon attack, so you would select the mage then choose the spell to use manually.  If you're out of mana or none of your spells fit in the situation, you can always use your weapon attack as a fallback.

Canute

I never notice any of my pawn to use spells at their own.
Only NPC who did some spells. Mosttime i just notice they summon one of my pawns.
So i think equip the weapon the pawn can best use (mellee or range), and let them use spells at your command.

henk

It's true, pawns don't use magic on their own, but keep in mind that most or all offensive spells can't be cast while using a shield belt. Mages are better off with ranged weapons.

I also tend to value my mages higher than other minions, so ranged weapons make sense.

PSA : Be careful about using hard mode. One exploding enemy will kill everything within its range.

Buli

Hello,

I searched the thread but did not see such question.
Summoner's minions only haul and rescue, but they do not do other chores.
Is it current behavior or I have some conflict on my side?

Thanks

divxwind

Hi, when using phase strike my pawn sometimes disappears. Like from the game. Is there some lore where they get stuck in the pocket dimension? I end up loading a save to get them back.

Torann

Quote from: Buli on January 20, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Hello,

Thanks
They will also fight for you, though they have many weak spots and will flee from the map if downed, so they don't make great fighters.

Quote from: divxwind on January 21, 2018, 12:56:43 AM
Hi, when using phase strike my pawn sometimes disappears. Like from the game. Is there some lore where they get stuck in the pocket dimension? I end up loading a save to get them back.
This is never intended.  I haven't been able to figure out why this (seemingly randomly) occurs, but have been able to implement some exception handling to restore the pawn to the original location if it does occur.  This fix will be included in the next update (hopefully sometime tomorrow).

Canute

Minions are like full trained animal's without master.
They do all your animals would do too.

If you want minion who clean,mine,harvest,deconstruct too, you need to use the Minion mod.

Quote from: divxwind on January 21, 2018, 12:56:43 AM

Toran,
I got a similar behavior with the 1.6 version and Vampires, but Valiant charge and the War form from a vampire together.
It gave a great explosion and the vampire was gone.

crusader2010

@Torann: thank you for the info :)

Zxypher

I may be having a mod conflict or possibly a bug but Cure Disease doesn't seem to have any effect even at levels 2/3 in everything (Tested on Flu and Infection). Also pawns tend to run back/away before casting magic making it really difficult to use spells while staying in defensive positions (Could this perhaps be Grenade Fix?)

Any ideas? Thanks for your hard work.

Toketsu

Quote from: Zxypher on January 21, 2018, 12:17:16 PM
Also pawns tend to run back/away before casting magic making it really difficult to use spells while staying in defensive positions (Could this perhaps be Grenade Fix?)

Any ideas? Thanks for your hard work.

Having pawns drafted seems to stop this behaviour, at least for me.

Buli

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2018, 04:16:00 AM
Minions are like full trained animal's without master.
They do all your animals would do too.

If you want minion who clean,mine,harvest,deconstruct too, you need to use the Minion mod.

Ah, OK. Haulers are really important so I am not complaining, it is just their description seemed to imply they could do other things, so I was not sure if there was some issue.

Thanks for answer.

crusader2010

Hello again :) it seems there is a very small bug with showing information in the Food tab of the minions.
Also, they have "Medicine" preselected instead of "herbal medicine" like other animals have.

Can this be fixed?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Torann

Updated to v1.7.6

• Change to the default behavior when assigning abilities. In previous versions, all class abilities would be assigned unless using a torn script to learn an advanced trait. Now, abilities are assigned in a random nature when a pawn is given a trait. This affects all preparatory character creation and mods such as EDB Prepare Carefully and Android printing. Advancing from precursor traits (magically gifted, physically adept) to advanced traits via use a a full arcane script will always assign all class abilities.

• The Arcane mage master spell "Gateway" has been added. Through intensive research and study, mages have been able to fold reality between two places, allowing instant travel. This knowledge has manifested in two ways - the Arcane mage can now learn the Gateway master spell and perform a mass summon from any colonist occupied map to the caster position.

• Colonies are now able to research a method to apply the Arcane Gateway spell and construct Portals. These artifacts may then be activated by (and only by) Arcane mages that have learned the Gateway spell. As long as a portal is charged with energy, it is capable of instantly transporting items and pawns to a distant location.

• Exception handling has been added for all abilities that attempt to create, destroy, or move pawns or items. This includes abilities such as teleport, phase strike, blink, summon elemental (and so on). In the event of a failure within the ability, the exception handler will attempt restore any pawns or items involved and then immediately end the ability.

• Trait tweaking - base trait occurrence likelihood has been increased; Sniper and Bladedancer traits will now only assign AI to the lowest level of the trait.

• Druid spell "Cure Disease" will now attempt to cure the disease even if the disease has been tended.

• Deconstruction of summoned buildings will no longer return mana potions (returns nothing)

• Undead should no longer attempt to research or tend other pawns (or themselves); when undead are created, they will automatically be assigned a 24hr work cycle.

• Tweaked stamina user xp gain - increased to level at approximately the same speed as mages.

Update should resolve the disappearing bladedancer during phase strike - I've been able to see a successful occurrence and recovery for this bug.

As far as pawns running away, they shouldn't, unless you're using a mod that also patches default GotoCastPosition.

Minions used to be able to do more things... like smash walls and consume drugs but I had too many complaints.  ::)