[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyma6

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 03, 2018, 05:48:33 AM
Quote from: Radis_cale on February 03, 2018, 04:06:59 AM
Just got a incapable of violence necromancer, he can't do anything, even raising the dead is violent ^^

Well who are you to interfere with this necromancer's moral conundrum? ;D

UNDEAD LIVES MATTER!

Maybe try RF - Pawns Are Capable! until this is fixed. ;)

...but undead aren't living, so how do they have lives...?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: billyma6 on February 03, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Only a LIFE-IST would say that! Oooohh look at mister PRIVILEGED over here who just so happens to be ALIVE trying to keep the undead man down!

blizzardwolf420

Just got a incapable of violence necromancer, he can't do anything, even raising the dead is violent ^^

UNDEAD LIVES MATTER!

but undead means not dead so therefore life is in them , albeit not the same amount of life lol.

billyma6

Quote from: blizzardwolf420 on February 03, 2018, 07:10:01 PM

UNDEAD LIVES MATTER!

but undead means not dead so therefore life is in them , albeit not the same amount of life lol.
but technically by definition, "undead" means dead but still animate so they're still dead lol.

Torann

Just updated to 1.8.1 on steam and moddb.
Adds the preist and ranger classes.
Fixes that necro bug where having an undead prevents gaining xp at max.  With Mehni's help, the conflict with "pick up and haul" and minions was fixed, plus quite a few more tweaks and bugs.
AI will use their buffs a bit more, especially before a fight.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Torann on February 04, 2018, 12:24:15 AM
Just updated to 1.8.1 on steam and moddb.
Adds the preist and ranger classes.
Fixes that necro bug where having an undead prevents gaining xp at max.  With Mehni's help, the conflict with "pick up and haul" and minions was fixed, plus quite a few more tweaks and bugs.
AI will use their buffs a bit more, especially before a fight.

YES! Toran, I don't know how much longer you can keep this up. You've been running at 200% awesomeness non stop for too long!

Somebody stop this man, he's too powerful!

Harry_Dicks

I'm getting these two errors, from Minify Everything and the elemental rifts. I was looking at the defs and saw the thingcategory is commented out. Is that so you don't have it on your build menu? Also, is that why Minify Everything is picking this up as an error? I like that mod a lot, better than Miniaturisation Overload, because it seems to just pull the entire list over all types of buildings/furniture in your game, and gives you the option if you want them to minifiable or not. Even things you can't select, like terrain that I can terraform with from a mod.

Either way, this isn't too big a deal, is it? I haven't gotten around to checking out the rift yet, so I'm guessing it isn't something for me to build anyway, especially from the description.

Is there anything I can change on my end, that you know of, so that I won't have this error? If not no biggie :)

Also two sound errors because there is no sound called Bullet.

And good job with the patch notes popping up, I love how I can see all documented minor changes. You are doing a really, really great job with this man. I look forward everyday to see if you post something new ;)

EDIT: Latest update also gave me these bugs as well. KF Colonist Bar lost all of it's icons (on the bar itself and on colonists) and I lost my Prepare Carefully button! I promise, the only mod that I changed was the TMagic update. Because then once I turned *only* TMagic off, my Prepare Carefully button came back, along with Colonist Bar icons.

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named TM_ElementalRift_Blueprint_Install. There are 7154 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
Verse.ThingDef:Named(String)
MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything:RemoveMinifiedFor(ThingDef)
MinifyEverything.<>c:<.cctor>b__0_1(ThingDef)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:ForEach(Action`1)
MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything:.cctor()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(IntPtr)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.DefDatabase`1[Verse.ThingDef].Remove (Verse.ThingDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.Traverse.GetValue (System.Object[] arguments) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything.RemoveMinifiedFor (Verse.ThingDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything+<>c.<.cctor>b__0_1 (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MinifyEverything.MinifyEverything..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Jan2607

Is it possible to retrain mages to other classes? I have no gifted pawns anymore and I want to have one of my arcane mages retrained to a priest.

Canute

No you can't retrain them.
But they still can read Spell scrolls to learn this kind of spell.

Torann,
about the Portal.
- the Portal itself need a charging display rather then how big the vortex are or when a mage try to charge it.
Would be nice if you can see the percent at the info window when you select the portal.

- i don't think you can made it possible that pawn's auto. path through the portal when the destination is at the same map ?

- it would be nice if you could adjust the portal to an outpost, to establish a trade connection. You can either use the Com console or the portal to trade with the destination. Would cost 30-50% to do a trade, or dynamical how many items you trade.

Torann

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 04, 2018, 02:19:47 AM
I'm getting these two errors
For the 'minify everything' you are correct that the elemental rift isn't player built.  This is a structure that triggers the elemental assault and will create and destroy itself for the event, so you shouldn't need to worry about this.  It's strange though, there shouldn't be a significant different between the elemental rift and the teleporter, for example, because neither should show up in any menu to build.  So I'll look at why the rift may generate this error.

When do you get the sound error?  I can't find any place where I'm using bullet as the sound for anything.

I'm using KF Colonist Bar and Prepare Carefully also and both seem to work fine.  I created a new game to check the prepare carefully button and had no problems using the button and making a custom start.  I didn't see any problems with icons not show for the colonist bar, even on existing games.  I'm putting TMagic at the top of the mod load order, I don't know if that'll make a difference.

Harry_Dicks

I'll post the two audio ones, along with the HugsLib log, and my modlist. I'm trying to move your mod around to see if it helps, but so far no luck. And all of these issues go away if I revert to the most previous version of TMagic I have, and that is the only thing I change.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.SoundDef named Bullet found to give to Verse.DamageDef TM_Arrow (using undefined sound instead)
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.SoundDef named Bullet found to give to Verse.DamageDef TM_Shrapnel (using undefined sound instead)
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()

Torann

Ah, found em, thanks.  Neither of those should have an explosion sounds at all.

Harry_Dicks

Also, here was the huglib report, https://gist.github.com/bf5a7b9beb70390147af5ca353e966dd

EDIT: So by putting TMagic at the bottom of my list (which I didn't want to try) is giving me these same errors that I've had before with other mods. Somewhere I suppose near the bottom of my list, I have a mod that is redefining core defs, and it is messing up everything after them, if I put certain mods after it, saying I need to define the <thingClass> as a building. I had this issue before with cupro's mods and having them later in my list, and he explained it to me. Someone else has made something that redefines a core mod that is required for a mod that is loaded after it, so then this later mod (that is built properly) will throw errors, making it look like they are at fault, when really the one at fault is the mod loaded earlier that's redefining core defs!

Also, the hugslib report I posted is from my normal modlist load order, which has been working 100% for me so far. The only errors I even get are a couple from TMagic because of the frostbite parts, no biggie, and a couple other insignificant ones like androids bed type and a display radius for a table. Those won't affect anything though, as far as I have been able to tell through extensive restarts and short playthrough testing. In other words, game was fine, put in new update, game now not fine. Move TMagic to bottom, get Prepare Carefully back, but issues now from other mods, which I'm going to start working on now actually.

Sigh, looks like I really need to finally tackle this problem. Well, guess I'm going to leave TMagic at the end, and start playing the process of elimination. I'll just start taking out 50% mods at a time, then re-adding and taking the other halves off, and I will just keep halving my list until I can find the culprit.

I'll report back later on. Also, putting TMagic at the end of my list, let me get my Prepare Carefully button back, but no my Colonist Bar icons, and I still have all those errors because some of your defs depend on cores, and someone else further up the line is messing your mod up for me! >:(

henk

Mana now restores during caravans! But cooldowns don't pass... And it seems minions can join caravans, which glitches out the food count (mine shower -8000 days of food)

Harry_Dicks

Playing around with the load order. I've gotten my Prepare Carefully button to come back up, by my Colonist Bar icons are still missing. It's weird too, because the mod is working, I'll show a screenshot where it has a colonist highlighted, and you can see at the top of the screen, where the bar is, it shows where the icons and mood bar would be.

Anyway, going to try and do some more narrowing down, and I'll report back. Also, when loading up the screen to pick your pawns, I got these errors that I'll post for you.

https://gist.github.com/40e07889318bc5cb4fc23fd711cbee67

Got a about a dozen of these errors I'll post below, and 2 for Shield, and they had another red error between all of them. All of these red errors happen right after world gen, before I pick my landing site.

EDIT: Moving Colonist Bar further up in the mod list brought the icons back. Hmm, it must be something else still causing this issue. Determined to find it..

EDIT: Final update. After narrowing it down, it was Blocks Convert causing me many headaches. BuildBase abstract was redefined, making everyone after him look like the bad guy. Sorry for the extra issues :)

Tried to get a resource "Other/MageMark" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
Verse.MaterialPool:MatFrom(String, Shader, Color)
TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMagic:.cctor()
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo:Invoke(Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Boolean)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type)
AbilityUser.AbilityUserUtility:TransformPawn(Pawn)
AbilityUser.AbilityUserMod:InternalAddInAbilityUsers(Pawn)
AbilityUser.AbilityUserMod:InitializeComps_PostFix(ThingWithComps)
Verse.ThingWithComps:InitializeComps_Patch3(Object)
Verse.ThingWithComps:PostMake()
Verse.ThingMaker:MakeThing_Patch1(ThingDef, ThingDef)
Verse.PawnGenerator:TryGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn_Patch1(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnKindDef, Faction)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
RFC_Code.FactionGenerator_GenerateFactionsIntoWorld:Prefix()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld_Patch1()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Factions:GenerateFresh(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld_Patch2(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__0()