[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: billyma6 on February 28, 2018, 09:14:37 PM
Quote from: Torann on February 28, 2018, 08:59:14 PM
Quote from: henk on February 28, 2018, 03:51:18 PM
Why are all the research projects Transcendent level? It makes them cost much more than they should for neolithic tribes.
Hmm, true, that was a bit of an oversight.  The transcendent cost was decreased to put the spacer research cost where I wanted it, but didn't take into account it would double for tribes, which doesn't make sense.
Isn't there a mod for that? Like either AI Uplifting Assistant or TechAdvancing?

Also I looked around online for the Def structure, and yeah; the WorkGiver def makes the player pawns able to prioritize. I'm not that great a modder, but I think that's it.
I completely missed that hadn't been included.  It's there now as v1.9.1a, thanks billyma6.
Also adjusted the tech level and fixed some other bugs that popped up...

henk

Tech level doesn't make much sense for magic research anyway. Magic should have its own tech level, separate from the science tech level! And it'd be way better than that pesky science tech tree!

Canute

Then he would need an own research bench like Rimatomics with seperated researches.
I think extra research bench like from Cult of madness, still include the same tech level.

Fatos

Hi Torann, I love your mod since ever. Good Job, and well done, it's amazing mod. But, since the latest patch, I enconter few bugs. Such as "Poison" and "Beguile Animal". Poison no longer deal any additional Dot beside the initial damage and Beguile Animal simply dosn't show any effect on animals.

Next, I would like to give some suggestion to few IMO underpower spells, if you are interested. The Draw/Dispell Heat, Dry/Moisturize Ground, Charge Battery.
1,Draw/Dispell Heat: While this spell is pretty usefull in early game. I think it will be much more interesting if it allow you to increase/decrease temperture without a cap. More spell, more changes in temperture.
2,Dry/Moisturize Ground: it's really useless when it only change 1 tile per cast. Would be much interesting and usefull if it can cast as a aoe spell, or simuliar to a moisture pump with time limite.
3,Charge Batteries: This spell isn't bad, but will be cooler if you can summon a ball of eletricity which act as battery with limited life time.

Once again thanks for your hard work. Keep it going.

Torann

Quote from: Fatos on March 01, 2018, 04:37:11 AM
Hi Torann, I love your mod since ever. Good Job, and well done, it's amazing mod. But, since the latest patch, I enconter few bugs. Such as "Poison" and "Beguile Animal". Poison no longer deal any additional Dot beside the initial damage and Beguile Animal simply dosn't show any effect on animals.

Next, I would like to give some suggestion to few IMO underpower spells, if you are interested. The Draw/Dispell Heat, Dry/Moisturize Ground, Charge Battery.
1,Draw/Dispell Heat: While this spell is pretty usefull in early game. I think it will be much more interesting if it allow you to increase/decrease temperture without a cap. More spell, more changes in temperture.
2,Dry/Moisturize Ground: it's really useless when it only change 1 tile per cast. Would be much interesting and usefull if it can cast as a aoe spell, or simuliar to a moisture pump with time limite.
3,Charge Batteries: This spell isn't bad, but will be cooler if you can summon a ball of eletricity which act as battery with limited life time.

Once again thanks for your hard work. Keep it going.
Hi Fatos, thanks for the feedback.
2. I was planning to make these aoe but they will cost a bit more mana
3. I really like the idea of creating a temporary power cell and will add that to my list of stand-alone spells to add to the game.

vengent

Working with 1.9.1a, playing with the gemcutting table.

I made a Major Gem of Learning, which listed a 15% increased gain.    I equipped to the player, then right clicked on a pair of pants and told it to enchant it. Took quite a while, then shazaam, gem was gone and I saw the extra tab on the piece of equipment.

All sounds well so far I think.  (although I think the amount of time to apply enchantment is excessive.)  the "work" is at the gemcutting table to imbue it.

Couple interesting things.  One, I can't enchant anything i'm wearing, maybe a technical limitation, but first thing I thought of intuitively.

Second, Every single mage on my map is showing the bonus under health now.

Whole Body Enchantment - XP Gain: (115%)

The pair of pants I enchanted is still on the floor in my warehouse, no one is wearing it at all.

Noticing a persistent error in the console that may be related.
This constantly scrolls and increments in the console.

parent of max mp hediffcomp is TM_HediffEnchantment_xpGain

parent of max mp hediffcomp is TM_HediffEnchantment_xpGain
Verse.Log:Message(String)
TorannMagic.Enchantment.HediffComp_Enchantment:CalculateMaxMP()
TorannMagic.Enchantment.HediffComp_Enchantment:CompPostTick(Single&)
Verse.HediffWithComps:PostTick()
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:HealthTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour2:_Tick(TickList)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3:_DoSingleTick(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I then created another gem to apply, major gem of holding.  put it on gear, rinse repeat.  Now every mage has Max MP: (115%) and no one has XP Gain.  I equipped the xp gain one, now nearly everyone has xp, but a few still have max mp.  (I was expecting only the person wearing the enchanted equipment to gain the bonus).

And now I sere the parent of max mp hediffcomp is TM_HediffEnchantment_maxMP in the console as well.

Update:   Deleted both the items off the map using the debug option, and the errors, and the buffs persist.

bethorien

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2018, 03:44:09 PM
You can cast regneration on any living pawn, this include downed pawn's too.
If this isn't possible, there is something wrong.
I just went and had a colonist shoot a squirrel so i could test it again and it let me cast it this time. idk why it wouldn't let me cast it on downed pawns before but it's good to know its working now. I did however lose an alpaca when i didn't need to so I'm still sad.

Torann

Quote from: vengent on March 01, 2018, 04:12:09 PM
Update:   Deleted both the items off the map using the debug option, and the errors, and the buffs persist.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking into it now.

xRg

Hi, Torann!
In first  - really great job you did. One of the best rimmod ever.
i have one question: if really need this "one use ability" button like ranger, bow, sniper training, ets, can you do promotes like star wars mod - automatically?

bethorien

I got like 40 magicyte from mining a tiny plasteel vein in the mountains at an item stash and was wondering if that's intended? It seems like quite a lot and i was getting like 9 every time any dropped during mining.

Torann

Quote from: xRg on March 02, 2018, 04:50:10 AM
Hi, Torann!
In first  - really great job you did. One of the best rimmod ever.
i have one question: if really need this "one use ability" button like ranger, bow, sniper training, ets, can you do promotes like star wars mod - automatically?
Yep, I'm planning to make that change soon so the affect works automatically and the button will no longer show since it's not required.

Quote from: bethorien on March 02, 2018, 09:05:12 AM
I got like 40 magicyte from mining a tiny plasteel vein in the mountains at an item stash and was wondering if that's intended? It seems like quite a lot and i was getting like 9 every time any dropped during mining.
It sounds like you got a bit lucky, but nothing too unusual.  Plasteel has a very high work amount to mine, and each time you land a mining blow it has a chance to break free a chunk of magicyte, so you're more likely to find magicyte in a single block of plasteel than in a single block of granite.
I also made some adjustments to the drop value - it used to be 1 piece, now it's random from 6 to 16 pieces per drop.  This is to help keep the resource similar to other raw resources so it works well with other mods (like quarry, which give you ~15 pieces per find).  It's a bit heavier to transport now, and also has a reduced sell value.

vengent

Another bug i've found.  If you have multiple spells in a stack, and tell a toon to "read", it uses all of them instead of only one.

The glittertech mod had this same problem with mech serums, but solved it so it only decrements by 1.

mmance

Does anyone else use moody with this mod?  I get lots of visual glitches and this error:

QuoteNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WAMH_Code.ThoughtWorker_WAMH.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn) <0x0014e>
at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState (Verse.Pawn) <0x0002b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateThought_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.ThoughtDef) <0x000a8>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts () <0x00185>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.AppendMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>) <0x0004d>
at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.GetAllMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>) <0x000ce>
at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.GetDistinctMoodThoughtGroups (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.Thought>) <0x0002c>
at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.TotalMoodOffset () <0x0002c>
at RimWorld.Need_Mood.get_CurInstantLevel () <0x00021>
at RimWorld.Need.get_CurInstantLevelPercentage () <0x00016>
at Moody.DataCache.UpdateMood (Verse.Pawn) <0x00184>
at Moody.DataCache.Recalculate (Verse.Pawn) <0x0013a>
at Moody.DataCache.UpdateCache (bool) <0x00348>
at Moody.MoodyWindow.WindowUpdate () <0x00012>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowsUpdate () <0x00050>
at Verse.UIRoot.UIRootUpdate () <0x0003c>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x00024>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (object) <0x0008d>
at Verse.Root_Play.Update () <0x00024>

(Filename:  Line: -1)

in my log with I have raised undead in my colony and I am on either the summary or thoughts tab in moody.

If I am on another tab or I remove the undead, the errors go away.

Torann

v1.9.2 update:

• - Seven new fighter class specific abilities have been added. These abilities are 'sustained' meaning they require a set amount of stamina to maintain the ability.  The cost to sustain is subtracted from the users maximum stamina. These skills can be toggled on and off as desired, some of these skills have additional costs or side effects to maintain.

Skills:
    Sprint - increase movement rate but quickly exhausts the user (Gladiator class can improve this skill through training)
    Gear Repair - fighter classes rely on their equipment and take the initiative to maintain and repair equipped apparel and weapons
    Inner Healing - focuses physical energy to slowly heal injuries, some physical capacities are reduced while this skill is active
    Heavy Blow - increase melee damage multiplier by 20%
    Strong Back - dedicates stamina to increase carrying and inventory capacity, slightly increases exhaustion
    Thick Skin - gains bonuses to armor class and temperature thresholds
    Fighters Focus - dedicates physical energy to focus on, and overcome, mental and physical thresholds

• Fighter skills that applied passive boosts or trait increases now take effect automatically, and apply upgrades automatically.  The ability buttons for these skills will not be visible.

• Fighters and Mages have each gained a new global skill that can increase their respective stamina and mana capacities.

• Inherited abilities for Summon Minion and Raise Undead have been added to improve Undead and Minion management. These skills become available automatically when a mage is supporting one or more of these creatures.
    No additional scrolls or training is required to learn these skills.

• A new standalone mage spell has been added: Arcane Power Node - generates a small amount of power for several days.
    Existing abilities "Moisturize Ground" and "Dry Ground" now effect a 3x3 square; mana costs were appropriately increased.
    The "Rainmaker" ability can now be used to stop rain or snow.

• Bug fix - several fighter skills were not triggering a hostile response, they are now.

Fatos

Hi Torann, love to seeing you busy making this mod more and more amazing. I want to inform you a bug regard the summon minions ability, the update seems to break it. (No longer can summon minions) It's a shame I am not good at modding or C#, or I would love to contribute in your stunning mod.