[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: Fatos on March 04, 2018, 11:03:43 PM
Hi Torann, love to seeing you busy making this mod more and more amazing. I want to inform you a bug regard the summon minions ability, the update seems to break it. (No longer can summon minions) It's a shame I am not good at modding or C#, or I would love to contribute in your stunning mod.
Thanks for making me aware of the issue.  A patch has been uploaded on steam.  I've replaced the moddb v1.9.2 with an updated copy that's fixed.

Fatos

Hi Torann, I just notice there is a looping phenomenon related to Ranger and Blade master traits. The phenomenon occurred in the needs tab, causing pawn's mood going back and forward and potentially decrease pawn's mood in the process. Dispel Heat don't seems to show any effect indoor.

Torann

Quote from: Fatos on March 05, 2018, 01:21:39 AM
Hi Torann, I just notice there is a looping phenomenon related to Ranger and Blade master traits. The phenomenon occurred in the needs tab, causing pawn's mood going back and forward and potentially decrease pawn's mood in the process. Dispel Heat don't seems to show any effect indoor.
Again, thanks for the report, you're a regular bug finder.  Both issues have been fixed (along with some recipe updates) and uploaded to the latest version.

Harry_Dicks

Hey I was curious, how does TMagic detect a bow from a mod? Say I've got some bows from Medieval Times, but I have them incorporated into my own mod, and I have changed the def names. Didn't I read somewhere that as long as I have "bow" in the name, it should work? Thanks! :)

Oh and also, I am having trouble remembering, but what is your stance, Torann, on special weapons for certain class(es), and/or legendary weapons that could potentially unlock more powerful versions of spells a mage/fighter already has, and/or unlocking new abilities for mages and fighters? Is this something you would consider implementing at some point in the future?

Coolphoton

The arbalest, hand crossbow and crossbow all seem to work fine for rangers and snipers....witch makes sense from a historical perspective. They were the transition weapons between bows and guns. But I have no idea what bits make it work.

Edit: also, is anyone else finding that the magic cooler spell isn't working in 1.9.2?

Torann

Quote from: Coolphoton on March 05, 2018, 08:26:47 PM
Edit: also, is anyone else finding that the magic cooler spell isn't working in 1.9.2?
Someone else mentioned the same issues with the cooler, I made some tweaks and did a contained (no other mods) test and it was working fine.  v1.9.2 has been updated on moddb, so you can try downloading the version again to get the version fix.  If you're using steam, it's updated as well.

SihvMan

Idea/Request: Scroll manufacturing. Mages can use magicyte to scribe scrolls of spells/scripts that they know. It's been kinda weird that my "mages society" colony can't exchange known spells/train magically gifted apprentices.

Second Idea: A mage for later tech level colonies.
Technomancer - Trait gives bonus to construction and crafting speed/success.

• EMP
  • Charge Battery
  • Arcane Power Node (sustainable version?)
  • Repair - Item targeted regains x% of its hp. Can affect item or building.

vengent

Spell Idea. wow has a spell called power word barrier, that basically creates temporary shield to deflect/reduce incoming damage.
Mechanics wise, could be very similar to the mods that create a force field shield.  Would fit nicely with priests.  Able to provide brief moments of respite from enemies.

Harry_Dicks

Anyone remember the slow time AOE spell from D3? I thought it was amazing that projectiles would slow down to like 5% of their speed once they entered the bubble. Anyway, I think a sort of mix between how Rikiki's MiningCo. Forcefield and a regular "area protection bubble" would be awesome. I think it would be cool if when the shield/bubble took damage, it could flash a color, or you could somehow have a visual clue of it's remaining strength.

Maybe their could be a malice for the pawns inside of the bubble. Extreme heat as it takes damage perhaps? Or they have decreased ranged accuracy while inside of it?

I think I'm just becoming more sadistic because I keep wanting to see more new negatives in abilities, or at least some kind of spin on powerful abilities to help balance them out, while making things even more interesting, and the choices you make have even more consequences.

billyma6

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 06:56:51 PM
I think I'm just becoming more sadistic because I keep wanting to see more new negatives in abilities, or at least some kind of spin on powerful abilities to help balance them out, while making things even more interesting, and the choices you make have even more consequences.
Cons are good for balance, but be careful not to put too many negatives or else no one will want to use the ability if there are so many or so severe consequences for the caster or the colony as a whole.

SihvMan

Possible bug report: Arcane Power Nodes aren't expiring. Don't get me wrong, I love infinite free energy, but I'm pretty sure this isn't intended.

At a guess, CompProperties_Power is interfering with CompProperties_Lifespan. Using CompProperties_Refuelable with <destroyOnNoFuel>true</destroyOnNoFuel> might work.

Dezan

Love your mod, can't really help you out too much but I just got a crash during an elemental rift event.

It spawned and nothing happened, so I started blowing it up since I saw it had an HP Bar... when it was about Dead, or Died... that's when it crashed my game, the error log window popped up saying something about an elemental rift and the game locked up otherwise I would of got a screenshot.

I've got way too many mods to screw around and test some things out but yours is the newest one i've added and this is the first time I've had a full crash at least on a18

Torann

Quote from: vengent on March 06, 2018, 06:46:44 PM
Spell Idea. wow has a spell called power word barrier, that basically creates temporary shield to deflect/reduce incoming damage.
Someone made the suggestion for a barrier spell earlier and I plan to add it as the paladin's ultimate ability.  BTW - paladin, necromancer and summoner are the only classes without an ultimate at this time.  The paladin and necro are pretty much locked but I'm still bouncing around thoughts on summoner if anyone has any great idea's.  (I'm shying away summoning of permanent items/consumables as that lies more with the planned enchanter/alchemist niche roles)

Quote from: SihvMan on March 07, 2018, 05:39:24 PM
Possible bug report: Arcane Power Nodes aren't expiring. Don't get me wrong, I love infinite free energy, but I'm pretty sure this isn't intended.

At a guess, CompProperties_Power is interfering with CompProperties_Lifespan. Using CompProperties_Refuelable with <destroyOnNoFuel>true</destroyOnNoFuel> might work.
Thanks for the report, I'll push out a fix soon.

Quote from: Dezan on March 07, 2018, 09:59:43 PM
Love your mod, can't really help you out too much but I just got a crash during an elemental rift event.
I'll take a look - really two issues I see, the other being why no hostile elementals spawned, so I'll investigate that also.

Harry_Dicks

Summoners ultimate could make all of his summons gain new temporary abilities(eg. 2x movement, or attacks have splash damage and double speed, all attacks slow, etc.), or summon a new group of temporary summons(a couple battle thrumbos?) Something that they would want to use at the height of the battle/just the right moment?

henk

Summoner ideas? Sure!
- Summon Avatar : After a long summoning time, a truly powerful entity appears. The avatar can tank like a thrumbo and fights like a warg on go-juice. While the avatar is active, the summoner is stunned.
- Summon portal : Like an elemental rift that spawns friendly elementals.
- Otherworldly grab : Spawns one or a few item with worth proportional to the spell level. Tends to create rarer items (Weapons, drugs, one-shot items) but may just spawn a stack of resources.

Or heck, have all three available, but the summoner can only learn one.
While we're at it, 3 ultimate abilities for each class! Sounds easy enough.

Dry ground says it only works on muddy ground, but it should work on shallow water too. It does not work on shallow ocean water. Is that intended? It seems ocean water is a different ground type than shallow water...