[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Some feedback about the new crafting items.

The crafting recipes should follow more a line. Some item need gem other just resources.
From my side, i would like to see resources only and adjust the requirement skill of the item to the one's of the gem's too.
Sure it might be difficult to have a high skilled crafter and researcher into one person, so it might be better to split that.
Or maybe add unenchanted ones too, cheaper to build, then you can enchant these with gem. But the regular ones should have better enchant's then you could get with gem's.
And a big favour, when the enchanting to the description. Special when they got unique one's like the spectre.

Thrumbo axe, i was surprised that it don't need a thrumbo horn as resource.
Maybe a second recipe as Real Thrumbo Axe, without silver and just 40 unrefined magicyte, since the horn is magical (?) or at last rare.
Edit: Woohoo, Gladiator Whirlewind + Thrumbo Axe = Tornado of blood and bones.

And it is VERY HARD to track down item's with enchantments.
You only can see the enchantment when the item is on the ground. From the gear tab you can't see it. Only the health tab reflect the effect.
Could you maybe change the name of the item at the enchant process, like adding a single '*' as prefix for the name.
Or maybe number that reflect how many enchant's are one the item.
Since seven '*' as prefix would maybe a bit too long.

Canute

Quote from: Torann on April 14, 2018, 11:48:15 PM
Quote from: menchfrest on April 14, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
I have a question about regrowth, when I go to use the seed, it'll let me regrow any limb or organ.  Is it intentional that it wont let me regrow the spine or ribs?  Because between the priest and druid it seems like I can heal anything except bones in the torso.
I added "spine" to the possible regrowth surgeries. 

Rib should already be available but it suffer(ed) from an issue where you had to select the exact rib for the surgery to fix the broken rib.  I made it so when rib surgery is performed successfully it will fix all broken ribs, so think of it as a "regrow ribcage" instead of individual ribs.

Both fixes applied in the latest update (v1.9.8.5)
Ok, i got the same issue.
Serveral broken rib's but i don't got a surgery for rib's or ribcage.
Spine is there.

Edit:
What do you think to give these stand-alone spells some upgrades.
When you researched adv. and Master scribing, you get the ability to upgrade these spells to 2/3.
Ofcourse the version 2 and 3 are not buyable.

Torann

Quote from: Canute on April 29, 2018, 04:52:15 AM
Edit:
When you researched adv. and Master scribing, you get the ability to upgrade these spells to 2/3.
I'm not opposed to doing a "Rank 2 SpellXYZ", if there's good enough reason - did you have any particular spells in mind?  The stand-alone spells aren't created the same way and don't have the associated level structure that class skills have, so at this point it's simply too much work  :-\

Torann

Quote from: Bronthion on April 25, 2018, 09:50:27 PM
I forgot about boomalopes. Yes, that could be useful or even to cast it when you want to hunt a bunch of them.

I have another question, about frost damage now. As we all know, in vanilla there was no frost protection values, only blunt, sharp, electric and heat. So is there any defence against it now? Or maybe when I cast frost ray for example or snowball it will go straight through everything?
Frost damage/ice spells are all defended against by "heat" protection.

henk

Fireball : upgrades into a mortar attack.
Cure disease : only decreases disease progress without upgrade.
Frost bolt : hits all targets along its path.

Canute

Quote from: Torann on May 01, 2018, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: Canute on April 29, 2018, 04:52:15 AM
Edit:
I'm not opposed to doing a "Rank 2 SpellXYZ", if there's good enough reason - did you have any particular spells in mind?  The stand-alone spells aren't created the same way and don't have the associated level structure that class skills have, so at this point it's simply too much work  :-\
I just mean these spell which don't be trainable by any class.
This exclude heal or spint by example.
But i mention before about the repair amount. So Gear repair 2/3 repair twice/tripple so much.
Draw/Dispell heat got longer duration or stronger effect. Currently i need 2 for a 15x15 room to get to -4C.

Edit:
I think there should just be one Unfinished book instead one for Martial,torn,Arcane.
It is hard to tell which book you need for a magical class if you are unfamilar with them.
I just gave my druid an unfinished arcane book and it was gone then. Yeah i know now he would need a torn script.
But since the production cost/requirements arn't so much different i would say just one unfinished skill book.
Or at last add to the description what kind of Class can scribe there.

tentaceltrap

One suggestion regarding another class, a time based magican, maybe suggested before, witch allows to implement some more or less well known effects magicwise..

Time Mage Spells:
Haste                - speed bonus (self/ other single or group)
Slow                 - u name it (attack; self/ other single or group)
Revert Aging     - or "backbones bane" -20 years, reverts aging effects (self/ other single)
Touch of Time   - touched items degrade, walls crumble, food decay, and persons.. are not the same anymore. As used
                         with pregnancy related mods and babys: They grow up so fast..  (attack; self/ other/ objects single or 
                         group/ stack)   
Splendid Youth  - the necromancers envy dream, the caster is forever young and cant die anymore - well, at least not on 
                         oldage (self)
Time Lapse       - sounds unhealthy, but victims just freeze for the duration - in all their vulnerability (attack; other single
                         or group)
Stasis              - will I dream? No, just lie arround forever with suspended lifesigns, until waked up (which not includes
                         necessarily a kiss). As for vegetables - will I decay? No. (attack; self/ other/ objects single/ stack)

craftomega

Would it be possible to make all the powers stay to the far right? A few of the powers go to the far left and move draft.

Gwaheer

Hello,

First of all - great work, I enjoying this mod very much.

But I faced some bugs:

1. Druid Fertile Fields spell somehow goes into circle. At some point I got +3000% grown rate on my crops while ability was shut down for a while. Maybe make it same as Ice Mage Moisturize Ground spell, improving simple soil to rich one?
2. Druid Regrow - I can't heal shattered ribs, this is minor, since they don't do anything, but my inner perfectionist can't take it easy.
3. Druid Regrow - If I regrow colonist Stomach, new part called Regrown Liver (and have no bonuses to effectiveness).
4. Ranger - Mines. At some point this ability stop producing mines. Ability casts, stamina reduce, but no mine on the ground spawns.
5. Ranger - Taming ability. If I sell magically bonded animal, ability icon just disappear, so I can't use it again.

Bronthion

I have a question about leveling a mage classes. Do they get xp via constructing, crafting etc. like warrior classes or just from using spells? And if yes, did they lvl up slower because they are stronger?:)

Canute

Bronthion,
no unlike vampire or force user.
Magic user geting slowly XP, more XP when they are full mana or when they use skills (fastest way).

Bronthion

Thank you very much.

You also Torann for previous response :)

matheryn

ive looked at this mod on steam and am on the fence about it as it does look very OP, am i just being too skeptical or is it an endgame type of superhero type mod?

Canute

matheryn,
yes this mod give your colony alot power. Even when Magic user got a good chance to explode and sometimes even use magic.
But even without the combat aspect, the utility of zombies who can craft simple task day and night, minion elementals who haul for you free up your pawn's for more relaxing parts of the life.
Druid's can't even fertilize the field they are very good healer and restore/improve even each bodypart of your pawn's.

This mod give you alot strenghts even without the need of modern/advance technology.

But if you seek counterpart's if you think this mod is to overpowered, i can suggest to use all the faction mod's from Chicken Plucker.

Chaos17

Could it be possible to make an UI for auto-combat when a pawn is drafted, please ?
Because micromanaging all abilities can be hard during combat >_<

Example