[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: Gwaheer on May 08, 2018, 06:17:12 AM
4. Ranger - Mines. At some point this ability stop producing mines. Ability casts, stamina reduce, but no mine on the ground spawns.
5. Ranger - Taming ability. If I sell magically bonded animal, ability icon just disappear, so I can't use it again.
4. I'm trying to figure out what causes the mines to stop working, but so far I can't reproduce the bug.  If anyone has more details on why/when/how this happens to them, I'd appreciate the feedback.

5. NOT a bug, this is working exactly as intended.  If you sell your bonded pet, your ranger will get a huge mood debuff for several days and the animal kingdom will refuse to fight for your ranger for a period of about a week in-game.  After that, the icon will come back and you can bond a pet again.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Torann on May 08, 2018, 07:15:05 PM
5. NOT a bug, this is working exactly as intended.  If you sell your bonded pet, your ranger will get a huge mood debuff for several days and the animal kingdom will refuse to fight for your ranger for a period of about a week in-game.  After that, the icon will come back and you can bond a pet again.
Having it completely disappear isn't a good idea, as it makes people think something went wrong. I recommend having the icon X'ed out, or something similar.

Alternatively, you can make an event out of it.
Example:
Selling your bonded animals will cause all animals of that type/all animals on map to go manhunter and attack your colonists, with a focus on the one who sold the animal.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

Did you never watch Lassie or Benji.
Bond animals allways want to move back to their partner, special when the bond is so strong like with a ranger.
If a ranger sold his bonded pet, the god of nature will curse him/her and colony.

Gwaheer

Quote from: Torann on May 08, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

4. I'm trying to figure out what causes the mines to stop working, but so far I can't reproduce the bug.  If anyone has more details on why/when/how this happens to them, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Oh, fine. I agree, such action deserve great debuff for ranger. I really thought it was broken and reloaded my game.

Torann

Hmm, so it's supposed to give your ranger a thought called "sold bonded animal" that will display on their character status card that says "I allowed my animal companion to be sold into slavery, I won't soon be forgiven by the animal kingdom. (animal bonding disabled while this mood effect is active)"

Doesn't exactly pop out and say "so... we noticed you sold your trusty pet into slavery..." in a letter or something but you should be at least getting the thought.

Torann

Updated to 1.9.9 - makes some improvements to the elemental rift event (similar to suggestions/discussion), adds a display to see gear enchantments for worn apparel/weapons, adds a value showing the exact mana gain in the magic tab, you can butcher elementals for magicyte now, plus a bunch more fixes/improvements.

Also includes a Chinese translation thanks to the hard work of KuanKuan!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Coolphoton

Can minions clean? If they cant, a summon broom, or maybe cleaning slime, spell to do cleaning would be nice.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Coolphoton on May 10, 2018, 02:35:20 PM
Can minions clean? If they cant, a summon broom, or maybe cleaning slime, spell to do cleaning would be nice.
Last time I played around with this mod, they couldn't.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Torann

They prioritize hauling, but will clean if there's nothing to haul.

henk

They don't clean at all. Never have. They also don't seek medical attention unless a pawn picks them unconscious and drops them in an animal bed, so they leave blood everywhere if they get hurt.

Canute

They didn't clean before, but Torann mention to enable these feature, since he said they would it is an undocumented feature with the latest build i guess.

But yes the minion and elemental bleeding is annoying, they should get some high regeneration to close their wounds, but not to recover HP or they would be very hard to kill at Rift events.
Or they should seek medical animal spots for rest/tending.

Gwaheer

Quote from: Coolphoton on May 10, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

Summoner pets definitely clean for me, right after they finish all hauling. As for bleeding problem I just despawn them and summon new ones.

henk

Minions and elementals shouldn't bleed at all; or at least elementals shouldn't. They don't HAVE blood.

Furry

Got a bug where trying to open the info box of anything on a pawn gear wise doesnt bring up the box possibly a conflict with tiberium rim.

Like the screen darkens the background of the info box pops up but the box itself doesnt its not just visual either you cant hit any button that would be on the box.

Escape still brings you out of the box.

Edit: It has been corrected.

Torann

Quote from: Furry on May 12, 2018, 04:05:28 AM
Got a bug where trying to open the info box of anything on a pawn gear wise doesnt bring up the box possibly a conflict with tiberium rim.

Like the screen darkens the background of the info box pops up but the box itself doesnt its not just visual either you cant hit any button that would be on the box.

Escape still brings you out of the box.
You must have grabbed the update before i could patch it.  If you download v1.9.9 from moddb again then it will have that bug fixed.