[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toketsu

Quote from: Torann on June 16, 2018, 12:09:37 AM
Quote from: Toketsu on June 09, 2018, 04:25:39 PM
Here are some more ideas. I still didn't make the synnergy classes, but i'll get to that at some point. For now, take these (and the last post in case you missed it, page 50, reply #741):

I saw the earlier post, I like the idea of contracts/bonds... in fact, the Warlock and Succubus were already set up with an ability to make a soul bond.  Similar concept I think.
Questions:

Can you make skills/spells from scrolls only be learned if pawn has a specific mage or fighter level? If so, the survival instinct could be a pretty high level skill, for example.

Can you make spells that require another spell before they're available? Something akin to upgrading a spell. This could make spell scrolls more interesting to play with, allowing for several levels of specific spells, with different potency and costs.
I saw the earlier post and I like the idea of making pacts.  In fact, the warlock and succubus both can create a soul bond which is a similar concept I think.  The geomancer is on the list and would be a nice addition, maybe have it fill the role of terrain manipulation and building damage/defense.

Yes to the above questions.
I see, thank you for replying o-o Will start mentioning "level requirement" in skills that i feel should require a level. Currently planning ideas for endgame content, starting with going past max skills. The main concept is done, and i'm just making some examples of what could be done per class.

Here's a very small suggestion:

Mana parasites
2-3 mages in the colony will get infected by this in a random organ or limb. This disease halts mana regen (but doesn't drain mana), and causes medium pain. Casting spells will damage the pawn. Can only be cured with the druid's disease removal spell at max level, or surgery to remove the organ/limb infected. Very rare disease (1 every 5 years as an estimate, on a biome with 1 disease per year). Can strike since day 1.

Also, two possible bugs i found:

My pawns got hit with reflect damage from an enemy running on traps - is this intended? Edit: There were like 80+ corpses stacked on each other in like 7 tiles, so i couldn't be bothered to check the class, but it's very likely faceless.

My lich looked like he was taking damage from his fog of torment - is this intended?

TheAzn123

Hello! Big fan of the mod. For Necromancer, is it possible for resurrected humanoid pawns (ones that become colonist when they join you) to be animals rather than colonists? It's for role-playing purposes! Thank you very much.

Canute

TheAzn123, you know animal's can't do all these task's like a necro zombie could do  ?
If you just look for hauler/cleaner you should look for a summoner.

Toketsu

Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2018, 01:13:10 AM
TheAzn123, you know animal's can't do all these task's like a necro zombie could do  ?
Considering that it's for roleplay reasons, i guess summoned creatures won't do for him.

Edit: Torann, is there any possible reason for the new classes to give out massive lag? Started a new game with both classes, it's lagging like hell. None of my other saved games are lagging, and the only difference is that they don't have the new classes.

TheAzn123

Quote from: Toketsu on June 17, 2018, 07:48:41 AM
Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2018, 01:13:10 AM
Considering that it's for roleplay reasons, i guess summoned creatures won't do for him.

Edit: Torann, is there any possible reason for the new classes to give out massive lag? Started a new game with both classes, it's lagging like hell. None of my other saved games are lagging, and the only difference is that they don't have the new classes.

It's more of, I don't really want resurrected humans to take up colonist slots in the colony. I'm fine if they can't research, Smith, arts, etc. Since their pretty much zombies, where do they get the intelligence to do that? Unless magic has some sort of role to play in it. If it's not possible then I guess I could just do specific resurrections

SirDarin

I look at it as those jobs are menial enough that they don't need intelligence for it. They just go on auto pilot repeating the actions they were told to do. I often force a zombie to stay in a specific area and do just that task only. So I have one assigned to just tailor, one assigned to just mend clothing, 2 to smelt copper and iron into steel, and 1 to extract n-16 gas. I do have 1 zombie that just goes around by building things because he has a really good building skill, so he is the only exception.

For an alternative RP, reason. Think of it as muscle memory. They aren't consciously carrying out the actions, just using the habits and reflexes of their former selves to do those jobs.

Torann

Quote from: SirDarin on June 17, 2018, 04:42:41 PM
For an alternative RP, reason. Think of it as muscle memory. They aren't consciously carrying out the actions, just using the habits and reflexes of their former selves to do those jobs.
This is pretty close to my design for undead and how it reflects on their capabilities.  It would be like having a person wake from a coma without remembering who they were but still know how to speak and do basic motor skills.  Their personalities and backgrounds are no longer important and their will has been replaced with the will of the necromancer.  Hence the reasoning behind why they return to their previous state if they no longer have a necromancer nearby to sustain their action.

That being said, TheAzn123 makes a good point in that an undead still takes up a colonist slot and the game will treat your colony differently based on the number of colonists you have, so I'll take a look at some ways to account for this and also, possibly, a setting so that undead won't show up on the colonist bar.

ZE

hey i haven't had the chance to fully check out this latest version, but did you fix the undeath thing? an undead pawn is still considered undead, both traitwise and hediffwise when they are removed from control by any means.  what i'd like is for them to go back to who they were so they can get properly resurrected when possible

whyyoujelly

I found an issue with the Zombie Land mod. After turning a necro colonist into a lich, I can no longer treat zombie infections on that colonist. The only way around it was to amputate infected body parts.

Canute

No issue, The Lich can raise undead who can do that work for him.
He will be unable to do such primitive work.

Jan2607

Is there a way to heal sensory mechanites? It seems the druid spell "cure disease" doesn't heal it. Can other classes do it?

TheAzn123

@SirDarin @Torann
Thank you very much!

Sigan

I found a slight bug.

A Priest attempting to use Advanced Heal, or Purify, on an animal will get stuck forever.

If you can't reproduce this bug in your version, please tell me. I've modified some stuff in my game - all over the place, in the laziest of ways - and so it could be just me. I believe it's not me, but I'd like some feedback from someone else in the community if possible. Thanks!

Jan2607

I find it very difficult to get certain scripts/books. I'm searching for a priest torn script for years now. No exotic goods trader or arcane faction caravan wants to sell one. They have too few scripts and always the same. No, I don't need 2 rangers scripts, I have a ranger, thank you. The last 5 caravans also had this type of script with them.
I wanted to craft a script, but noticed that I can only craft scripts for mages I already have.
Maybe you could make the script variety on the traders wider so you have a better chance to get the one you want? Or to add a option to craft even those scripts you don't have the corresponding mage for?

TheAzn123

Quote from: Sigan on June 19, 2018, 05:58:42 AM
I found a slight bug.

A Priest attempting to use Advanced Heal, or Purify, on an animal will get stuck forever.

If you can't reproduce this bug in your version, please tell me. I've modified some stuff in my game - all over the place, in the laziest of ways - and so it could be just me. I believe it's not me, but I'd like some feedback from someone else in the community if possible. Thanks!

If you press the ~ it should give you a log of errors and other things. Maybe you can use that to figure out the problem/bug