[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

30 undead from 1 necro ?
Normaly there is a limit, the mana regen.
Without boost item, i only could keep 4 or 5 undead from one necro.

But if you want a generell colony wide undead limit, then you need an animal/elemental limit too, and elemental mage only should use their abilities once the hour.

Gungnier

Quote from: MagicalFungi on July 12, 2018, 11:34:02 AM
So what i like to do with necromancers and their undead minions is seperate them from the general population. After i had a large colony in A18 i restricted them to outside the base (and my colonists restricted to inside) with one small room for haulers to overlap inside the base and for the zombies to do basic crafting. The hoard of undead guarded our walls from all dangers, providing if nothing else a distraction to get my colonists an advantage. More importantly though, they did all our exterior hauling, mining, hunting, etc. and only rarely would disturb a colonist. Honestly i thought the necromancer was overpowered... i had like 30 undead at one time and nothing could get into my base unless they dropped in from space. Maybe there should be an undead limit per pawn, like the summoner's minions.

There is a limit currently with all upgrades its 5 undead/necromancer and there is a soft limit too which is every undead reduces your mana regen (and there is the mana drain event) so in the current build 1.0 a normal necromancer is limited to about 2 permanent undead and maybe making some extra in combat and consuming them after it. If you go over the top with enchanted gear/wands and get you necromancer to turn into a lich i think you could get the max 5 undead/necromancer to be permanent but at that point thats not even OP anymore.

Mitz

Hey, do you think you could upload this somewhere else, like dropbox, google drive, maybe github? i get nervous about the sketchy site.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

henk

Quote from: MagicalFungi on July 12, 2018, 11:34:02 AMThe horde of undead guarded our walls from all dangers, providing if nothing else a distraction to get my colonists an advantage.
You realize you're basically a necromancer boss for the adventurers to defeat?

MagicalFungi

No I had 3 Necromancers, and probably not 30 undead... exactly.... but i did have quite a few. I didn't realize there was a limit already, or maybe i forgot. It was a couple months ago.

@henk  lol, yeah. the thought crossed my mind. Especially with my labyrinth of walls, embrasures, traps and viscous animals.... and of course the hoard of riches kept within.

Coolphoton

macbuk

Are the minions supposed to move at 0.15 c/s? There is a bunch of errors in the console with the minions, and their health seems to reduce their base move speed of 4.00 c/s to 0.15 c/s.

Gungnier

Quote from: macbuk on July 13, 2018, 06:23:04 AM
Are the minions supposed to move at 0.15 c/s? There is a bunch of errors in the console with the minions, and their health seems to reduce their base move speed of 4.00 c/s to 0.15 c/s.

Same here i just wanted to bugreport it they are slow as hell, and they can only haul a single item/trip .

#Edit#On my necromancer i had put points into mana regen and got him a wand for mana regen (mana drain was really annoying with killing my undead) but instead helping its actually made the "mana drain event" drain even faster. (idk if its a feature or bug?)

#Edit# Mod finally broke for me with 1.0.1963 (july.13) pawns can't beat out fire and every spell throws a big red wall of errors . Target cicle appears and the buttons work but you can't actually cast anything.  Here some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/azrjMr3 First one a summoner trying to place a pylon, 2nd is a frost mage trying to cast snowball.  (I'm using the 5.00 hugslib, July 11th, 2018 jecstool from patreon, and the jul.10 magic update)

Canute

That happen when you play unstable.
Daily Rimworld patches, and the mod author can't catch up them.
Why do you think so many mod author's wait for the final release.

Torann prolly fix that soon, but there is no garantee next day some else broke from a new patch.

Gungnier

Quote from: Canute on July 13, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
That happen when you play unstable.
Daily Rimworld patches, and the mod author can't catch up them.
Why do you think so many mod author's wait for the final release.

Torann prolly fix that soon, but there is no garantee next day some else broke from a new patch.

I know it i'm just telling it hoping it helps the author i'm not complaining :) Its really my favorite mod and i played it more than vanilla, and i'm really glad for the authors frequent updates and care.

Maybe i do a Virtual machine and freeze it (while the game running) when its working again so steam can't update.

Canute

Or maybe, while it is summer, you went out and practice some real life magic ! :-)
*summon some ice tea*

Resurak

Hey this mod is not working why you don't update it you have to code 24/7 no free time no break!!1!!!11!

Just joking, xD

Anyway, jokes apart, this is a great mod and i'm enjoying it so much, don't mind if it doesn't work anymore, just keep your time, do your things. Updating the mod now is a pain in the... *ehem*... head. Fix the mod, Tynan break the fix, you re-fix and before you can think posting the fix Tynan break this and other 1000 fixes that you are just thinking to do.

Sooo, like someone before me said, enjoy the summer, or whatever you like, and keep up the good work, hope you the best :D

Gwaheer

It's perfectly OK to wait until 1.0 release before updating this MOD. Maybe even wait for a week after actual release will be good idea.

henk

With the nerfing of planting speed in 1.0, especially for trees, maybe druids could get a plant-growing skill? Something like...

Plant Growth : grows plants in a select area, assuming the soil has sufficient fertility.
Plant knowledge : The druids learns to grow additional plants with each level. If used under a mountain roof, the spell will attempt to grow mushrooms. You can select which type of plant you grow by right clicking the Plant Growth skill.
Level 0 : common plants; grass, flowers and haygrass. Good for herbivores and beauty.
Level 1 : common crops; food, cotton and healroot.
Level 2 : Uncommon plants; devilstrand, drugs, ambrosia.
Level 3 : Trees, including cocoa trees, or cacti if used on sand.

Harmony : Reduces the mana cost and casting time by 10% per level, and increases the area by 1 per level.

Plant allies : Nature comes to the druid's aid when casting Plant Growth, slowing enemies (or unfortunate allies) caught within.
Level 1 : root any creature caught inside, slowing their movement.
Level 2 : chance to briefly stun enemies caught inside.
Level 3 : decrease the consciousness of enemies with poisonous spores.

Torann

Quote from: henk on July 25, 2018, 03:52:08 PM
With the nerfing of planting speed in 1.0, especially for trees, maybe druids could get a plant-growing skill? Something like...

Plant Growth : grows plants in a select area, assuming the soil has sufficient fertility.
Plant knowledge : The druids learns to grow additional plants with each level. If used under a mountain roof, the spell will attempt to grow mushrooms. You can select which type of plant you grow by right clicking the Plant Growth skill.
Level 0 : common plants; grass, flowers and haygrass. Good for herbivores and beauty.
Level 1 : common crops; food, cotton and healroot.
Level 2 : Uncommon plants; devilstrand, drugs, ambrosia.
Level 3 : Trees, including cocoa trees, or cacti if used on sand.

Harmony : Reduces the mana cost and casting time by 10% per level, and increases the area by 1 per level.

Plant allies : Nature comes to the druid's aid when casting Plant Growth, slowing enemies (or unfortunate allies) caught within.
Level 1 : root any creature caught inside, slowing their movement.
Level 2 : chance to briefly stun enemies caught inside.
Level 3 : decrease the consciousness of enemies with poisonous spores.
Ooh, I like the idea Henk.  I'll have to take a look at the changes to growing.  I haven't had the time to actually -play- the game recently I think some of the abilities will need to be updated/balanced after the 1.0 dust settles a bit, but it will also open up new possibilities for magic.