[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZE

You're referring to classes like Ranger which has multiple levels right?

not the guy who makes the mod, but i think it might be possible of classes were transfered to hediffs and all that remained as traits were gifted. 

as for the other part, you want to have specific classes enabled/disabled in mod options?

Torann

Quote from: Kubin on August 20, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
I do, however, need to ask - do you ever plan on making your work modular, or branching into a 'lite' version? Don't get me wrong, but I'm just not too hot on the idea of having tons upon tons of traits (especially when one "class" is represented in 3 different tiers of the same trait) and it'd be awesome to simply be able to choose which traits (and therefore - classes) will appear in a playthrough, and thus a form of mod configuration would be GREATLY appreciated.
For these types of classes (like the ranger) that has multiple trait degree's/orders, there's some built-in functionality to make it transparent to the player. 

First, random generated pawns will never 'roll' one of these traits beyond the first degree (for ranger, this would be 'woodsman').  All mod related traits are tied into the mod options so that selecting how frequent class types randomly generate is entirely up to the player, and no one has to adjust the def's to get what they want. This also prevents the game from ever randomly rolling a higher degree for these types of classes, and it also means the ranger has an equal chance of being assigned as any class with a single trait degree.

If you use custom starters like EdB prepare carefully, and select "ranger" as the trait for one of your pawns, once the game starts, that class will automatically compare the trait degree to the level of training and adjusted to the appropriate degree based on their class skill level. Similar to how the old trait will be replaced by a new trait when you train in the class, all of it goes on behind the scenes and doesn't require any interaction from the player.

As to the option to be able to choose which classes appear in a playthrough - maybe you just hate a certain class or think they're just too OP and want to remove them? I think adding options to select, on a case by case basis, which classes appear and which don't would be a fantastic addition and I've added it to my to-do list.

henk

QuoteA group of greater earth elementals, abandoned or lost, have wandered into the area.

They seem accustomed to human contact and are joining the colony.

Too bad I can't train them to do anything. Good fighters though!

Canute

Hehe,
and what they eat, stone chunks ? :-)

henk

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2018, 02:58:33 AM
Hehe,
and what they eat, stone chunks ? :-)

That would be amazing! They seem to eat like normal animals, and don't need sleep.

Earth elementals as haulers, who eat gravel and poop soil, would be an amazing addition.

NeoSono

did the latest patch mess up something? tried to heal someone with advanced heal and the pawn was locked in place after casting and the sound looped. heal doesn't work either, error code below.

Exception ticking Mem (at (38, 0, 175)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.Verb.get_TerrainDefSource () <0x00019>
at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () <0x0056e>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x00075>
at AbilityUser.PawnAbility.Tick () <0x000df>
at AbilityUser.CompAbilityUser.CompTick () <0x00194>
at TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMagic.CompTick () <0x00161>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () <0x0006c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00095>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

henk

Would it be possible to make deep drilling for stone occasionally give magycite? Or  make magycite deep drill nodes, so there's some sources of magycite late game.

Onasaki

Can we get a proper link? The Moddb link seems to only show patches on the page, under files.

Unless I'm missing something...Either way, could use some help here! Thanks!
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

henk

The files labelled patch are the proper files, just download the latest one.

Treason5240

The new Psionic class is interesting.

Haven't been able to test it out much, though, due to a constant red-error being kicked in when the "psionic manipulation" buff is triggered.  Every moment the amount of energy scales up to trigger the buff, game throws an error and pauses.

This is a near constant pause, un-pause, pause, un-pause situation when your psionic pawn is doing any sort of work.

Torann

Working on an update for B19 that should fix the casting errors. 

Torann

Treason5240

Geomancer: Interesting.  Liking what I'm seeing so far.

..except..are Sentinels supposed to show up from psychic/poison ship parts in place of mechanoids?

Edit: Earth Sprites.  Only target-able on stony soil, from what I've seen.  Also intended?  Do they not convert natural "rough stone" flooring?

Torann

Quote from: Treason5240 on September 01, 2018, 04:43:45 PM
Geomancer: Interesting.  Liking what I'm seeing so far.

..except..are Sentinels supposed to show up from psychic/poison ship parts in place of mechanoids?

Edit: Earth Sprites.  Only target-able on stony soil, from what I've seen.  Also intended?  Do they not convert natural "rough stone" flooring?
Nope, probably a side effect of giving them the flesh type of mechanoid to prevent them from bleeding all over the place (doesn't make sense for stone to bleed).  Elementals are probably in the same boat since they were also changed so they wouldn't bleed. 

Earth sprites were only designed to function on existing soil.  Rough stone (ie your cave floors and the like) won't be able to be converted.  I felt like that was a little too beneficial... but heck, they are earth sprites, so maybe they should be able to break rough stone down into plantable soil?

Treason5240

I'll admit the stone to soil was something I expected from reading the tooltip for the ability, but I may have been reading it erroneously.

Whether an Earth Sprite should or should not be able to break down stone to soil is up to you; you're the mod maker, after all.