[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Some reason when my priest has a sheild belt on her mana guage vanish's
It still works fine but I cant tell how much mana she has

https://git.io/fAdoB

Elemental spam during a seige  with the error references at the bottom  List might have been truanced
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Torann

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 20, 2018, 10:03:11 PM
Some reason when my priest has a sheild belt on her mana guage vanish's
It still works fine but I cant tell how much mana she has

https://git.io/fAdoB

Elemental spam during a seige  with the error references at the bottom  List might have been truanced
Figured out the shield belt bug; I think I have a better idea of what's going on with the elementals/minions during a siege after working with the possession bug.

rawrfisher

Think those are connected?

Failed to find Verse.HediffDef named ROM_Vampirism. There are 489 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
Verse.HediffDef:Named(String)
TorannMagic.Projectile_RaiseUndead:Impact(Thing)
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:ImpactSomething()
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Does this mean anything?
Professional jerk

Torann

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

ZE

i keep tryin to write a comprehensive list of things but then i forget to finish it and lose the whole thing by some mishap.... lemme try something smaller, just immediate thoughts lol

Priest : Violence incapable == bad, i get what u were going for, but it feels wrong.  in alot of games like final fantasy and.... more final fantasy, "white mages" or priests, do cripple them in a way making them less physically capable, and real world priests you dont see often in combat.  but being able to heal shouldn't render a pawn incapable of self-defense, i had the unfortunate luck to have my healer all i had left in my base, and it sucked hard.
-

Arcane Mage (Arcanist?)
-Blink : i have a fondness for blinking, i think if you could right click it to have it autocast for fast travel, it would be epic. perhaps as a level 4 or 5 gated behind a quest or something,  you overwrite regular movement to have a pawn blink to a destination or as far as possible in the direction of the destination, and again when the cooldown hits 0 automatically.
-Summon : the name is a little confusing considering it belongs to an arcane mage not the summoner... i had a suggestion for it before but it eludes me at this point in time...... anyhoo level 4 or 5, during the casting time it has a vacuum effect, drawing in from adjacent tiles and pulling all that is on the tile
-Shadow : Sustained effect, no mood decrease, smaller radius, 10% mana per target

Draw Heat , Power Node, Dispell heat etc. : Sustained effect

i know i suggested before unbinding spells from classes and have a more open ended class system, and that would require a huge rework, so i wont mention it again, but i think individual spells could use levels too, be it re-reading scrolls or some other means

sustained abilities with checkmark to show they are on, and x to show they are off, sometimes it can be hard to tell you have an abilty active, example : bard

Torann

Quote from: ZE on September 23, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
i keep tryin to write a comprehensive list of things but then i forget to finish it and lose the whole thing by some mishap.... lemme try something smaller, just immediate thoughts lol
Good suggestions, ZE.

With the psionic, I played around with activating abilities based on jobs performed, distance to target, etc and at some point I do plan to add some additional automation to some spells that can be toggle on/off like psionic augmentations.  Blink is a good case for this.  Other cases would include work givers/jobs for typical heal/cure spells also.

I agree with turning most daily/weekly use utility spells like power node or buffs into sustained abilities, it's already on the list of things to do!

I like the idea of re-reading scrolls to make them stronger, just don't know what all that would entail for implementation, but I'll look into it.

Canute

Quote from: ZE on September 23, 2018, 01:04:37 PM

Priest : Violence incapable == bad, i get what u were going for, but it feels wrong.  in alot of games like final fantasy and.... more final fantasy, "white mages" or priests, do cripple them in a way making them less physically capable, and real world priests you dont see often in combat.  but being able to heal shouldn't render a pawn incapable of self-defense, i had the unfortunate luck to have my healer all i had left in my base, and it sucked hard.
Ohh these modern MMO player ! :-)
When you look a bit more in the past, priest's never was a very offence like they do at the current play. Special when they are PvP heavy MMO's all class need to be more or less offence.

Sure they wasn't Violence incapable, but i can life with that, special since the other class enhance the firepower.
And from the tactic side, it is a bad idea to move the one who can rez fallen pawn's into the fight ! :-)

henk

Gotta love weird mod interactions...

QuoteWord of Zombie1's charm has reached Dinosaur and they've asked for Zombie1's hand in marriage.

Yeah, that zombie is just... oozing charm. Well, Dinosaur is now happily married to Zombie1, so I'm not going to complain.

MegaDeth

Still have no idea how a pawn can become a fighter or a mage.

I have no idea if ANY pawn can become a fighter or a mage, or just specific ones etc.

Pretty basic things that should be cleared up in the first line of the mods description.

Maviaux

Quote from: MegaDeth on September 27, 2018, 03:54:31 PM
Still have no idea how a pawn can become a fighter or a mage.

I have no idea if ANY pawn can become a fighter or a mage, or just specific ones etc.

Pretty basic things that should be cleared up in the first line of the mods description.

Right under the Release Notes section, can't miss it if you read the first post.

"Mages can be hard to come by, requiring some luck and considerable expense to acquire.  Pawns with the basic traits (physical adept, magically gifted) can be promoted to an advanced trait by using an arcane script.  Pawns possessing advanced traits are much less common.  Arcane books and mana potions are appropriately expensive, but if you opt for torn scripts it can be less costly."

Cheers

rawrfisher

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AbilityUser.AbilityDef].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.MagicPower.get_nextLevelAbilityDescDef () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TorannMagic.MagicCardUtility+<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<PowersGUIHandler>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ActiveTip.get_FinalText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ActiveTip:get_FinalText()
Verse.ActiveTip:get_TipRect()
Verse.TooltipHandler:CalculateInitialTipPosition(List`1)
Verse.TooltipHandler:DrawActiveTips()
Verse.TooltipHandler:DoTooltipGUI()
Verse.UIRoot:UIRootOnGUI_Patch2(Object)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Just gonna leave this here.  Note:  Got this when I leveled blink to level 3 during one of my trial runs
Professional jerk

carpediembr

Not sure if it's related, but when I use the summoning portal and launch, on arrival the pod is lost and it shows a message that since there were no pawn inside the pod everything was lost. Pic maybe related? https://i.imgur.com/aNKsYEV.png

Ps: I'm using Lord of the Rims and maybe it's an issue with alien races?

TheJinx

What humanoid was with the pod there? like I mean species really, also lord of the rim removes high grade technology but have been a conflict with a pod being launched in itself.

TheJinx

Hmmm it'd be interesting if lich or necromancer(probably lich) was able to make death knights using multiple bodies or something like that...maybe using alive human pawns possibly?