[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanec64

I've been using https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295107035 with your mod and randomly I have DEMONS join my faction. they always come, and then decimates ANYTHING that is NOT my faction. would love to know if this is expected behavior or if I could get them to not agro or at least take orders to stay in a certain area, less hungry.

TheJinx

@Gungnier vitality drain only happens when they smash so stop them from smashing maybe?

Torann

Quote from: TheJinx on October 05, 2018, 03:41:00 PM
@Gungnier vitality drain only happens when they smash so stop them from smashing maybe?
Exactly right.  If you don't want your succubus to drain vitality, make sure she's not sleeping next to anyone - to include single beds adjacent to the bed the succubus is in and non-lovers.  A succubus ignores these things.

Quote from: deanec64 on October 05, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
I've been using https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295107035 with your mod and randomly I have DEMONS join my faction. they always come, and then decimates ANYTHING that is NOT my faction.
This is an annoying bug I've tried to fix several times.  There's no easy "don't ever spawn this thing randomly" value to set that I know.  For the "wander join" incident, there's no good way to prevent a specific type of pawn from being selected.
What I've done is make it so all pawn types from this mod have an additional flag, if the flag isn't set then they'll be destroyed shortly after being spawned.  This will likely result in empty events, but I think that's probably preferable to demons wrecking shop or other pawn types showing up that don't have the standard AI or control options.

Gungnier

Quote from: Torann on October 05, 2018, 06:44:18 PM
Exactly right.  If you don't want your succubus to drain vitality, make sure she's not sleeping next to anyone - to include single beds adjacent to the bed the succubus is in and non-lovers.  A succubus ignores these things.

Yeah a realized it and it was cauzed by medical beds being near eachother. She just banged all the people with malaria.

Torann

Quote from: Gungnier on October 05, 2018, 06:54:55 PM

Yeah a realized it and it was cauzed by medical beds being near eachother. She just banged all the people with malaria.
She's just trying to ease their suffering...

Gungnier

Quote from: Torann on October 05, 2018, 07:27:01 PM
Quote from: Gungnier on October 05, 2018, 06:54:55 PM

She's just trying to ease their suffering...
Can the effect stack? I was thinking about putting a lot of medical beds near eachother . When a raid comes i send them to the set medical beds and just have the buffed up succubus fly in with the ultimate.

And is there a way to send somehow the succubus entertain prisoners? thats a place where i could use the mood bonus.

Canute

Quote from: carpediembr on September 28, 2018, 01:58:40 PM
Not sure if it's related, but when I use the summoning portal and launch, on arrival the pod is lost and it shows a message that since there were no pawn inside the pod everything was lost. Pic maybe related? https://i.imgur.com/aNKsYEV.png

Ps: I'm using Lord of the Rims and maybe it's an issue with alien races?
Same here.
It is defintiv a problem with Lord of the Ring Third age mod.
With just the Lord of the Ring's races, it still works.
But once the Third age got added, the transport pod is "empty".
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/075ef9d6c23bcc82e9b11fe29a709f42

Btw. Psionic's still doing damage to friendly pawn. Very annoying when you got a Psionic guest.

TheJinx

Quote from: Canute on October 06, 2018, 03:34:26 AM
Quote from: carpediembr on September 28, 2018, 01:58:40 PM
Not sure if it's related, but when I use the summoning portal and launch, on arrival the pod is lost and it shows a message that since there were no pawn inside the pod everything was lost. Pic maybe related? https://i.imgur.com/aNKsYEV.png

Ps: I'm using Lord of the Rims and maybe it's an issue with alien races?
Same here.
It is defintiv a problem with Lord of the Ring Third age mod.
With just the Lord of the Ring's races, it still works.
But once the Third age got added, the transport pod is "empty".
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/075ef9d6c23bcc82e9b11fe29a709f42

Btw. Psionic's still doing damage to friendly pawn. Very annoying when you got a Psionic guest.
I bet it's just there way of saying hello to your colonist :-)

Torann

v2.2.5.1 pushed out with some more bug fixes and tweaks:

• Priest spell "purify" applies to animals and has an increased range

• Updated descriptions for several psionic abilities to note upgrade costs

• Psionic ability "Augmented Mind" will not target friendly visitors

• Cloaks have been moved to a distinct apparel category and no longer compete for space with other armor types; cloaks will always be drawn on top of other armor types

• Tweaked Geomancer trait: decreased melee dodge chance but improved mining speed and yield

• Summoned creatures such as elementals, demons, sentinels, minion or poppi will be destroyed if spawned outside of their intended methods

• Bladedancer ability "Phase Strike" can be set to autocast and will function in undrafted mode similar to "blink"

• Improved soulbond checking and recovery

• Increased rate might users gain xp through skill use and passive learning to be more inline with magic xp gain

• Casual magic and might interactions will typically result in more xp gain

• Fixed ranger "animal friend" messaging

kullm82

Hey all! I prefer to play as duel classes. But there's an issue when I try to setup the bard class as a part of duel class. Might tab works okay but bard tab for magic will be empty. Anyone hopefully give me some advice to resolve this issue?

Canute

In the Rim-Universe the gods of magic called Toran and Jecrell only allow one skill each pawn.
There is no way for mortal pawn to evade their law.

TheJinx

Yes when Jecrell drops that WIZARD update I doubt he will create it from anything else than the holy text

Canute

Sentinel's don't act against manhunter animals.
Is this intended or a bug ?

And a suggestion, it would be nice if the Earth Spites don't try to move/dig diagonal as first choise.

Edit:
I just released a prisoner, and the sentinel at the door wake up and attacked him.

Jan2607

I got a caravan request where a settlement wants to purchase 7 tribal headdresses from me. They have a really good reward for it, but... It seems only tribes can craft the tribal headdresses, so it's impossible to complete that quest.

Canute

That even can happen at Vanilla gameplay.
Not impossible, basicly you could aquire the headdresses from looting tribal raids/outposts.