[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Try it out.
unsubscribe from jecstools and use the older github version, check if no errors happen.
https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/releases

NeoSono

thats actually a good idea :D will do and report back.

yep seems to be related to the newer version of jecs tools. I did the same raid witht the version from the 19th and had no hang ups or errors thrown at me the whole fight. The other errors with the resurrection remained but thats more likely to be because those are androids. resurrector mech serum didn't work either. But the errors related to combat skills didn't happen.

Gungnier

I dont know if its a bug or intended but when i have a Staff of blazing power on my pawn i get the "Hunter lacks ranged weapon" message. I personally find the weapon not perfect for hitting moving targets but still adequate for the job tho.

Another bug: When i have blink on autocast it works fine 90% of the time and its really good for hauling but sometimes it get stuck on something and when a pawn wanna grab the item for hauling it just run toward the item and before picking it up blink away, and if you have have a low cooldown and lot of mana it repeats it until you go under the mana % for allowed autocast. I got this bug pretty frequently (but not exclusively) when my pawn tries to haul into the teleport "pod launcher" and it just spams blink for like 10 times before actually just running over to pick up the item.

On the 2nd could we get an option on autocasting of "dont move" when i manual cast stuff i like the fact the pawn tries to move to a spot where it can actually "see" the target but when they do it on autocast its problematic: When i set them up in position behind cover they just blindly rush out meanwhile i intend to wait for the enemies come into range. This especially bad on abilities with high range but require line of sight like headshot on sniper they just happen to rush into the middle of my own killbox when the enemies arrive.

TheJinx

The reason why is I believe most "explosive" weapons are designated as not ranged weapons for hunting for realism because there's not gonna be much point in hunting a charred deer carcass it's solely for that reason I believe, Don't know if you can enable explosives weapons in mods to  be used for hunting but either way they won't probably won't be.

Torann

Quote from: Greenfist on October 27, 2018, 09:16:40 PM
A suggestion I have about the  Ranger class is how abusive the animal bond skill can be. Specifically  how you're able to animal bond caravan animals making you able to essentially "steal" their items. Another one I noticed that can be abused is how you're able to keep your bonded animal if you bond with another one while your current is out on a caravan.
Appreciate the feedback, I was not aware of either of these.

Quote from: Jan2607 on October 27, 2018, 08:18:45 PM
How high is the chance that a disabling shot misses? I have a really good sniper, but most of the disabling shots are missing. And because of the high cooldown, many enemies I wanted to capture are gone.
Disabling shot hit chance is entirely based on pawn shooting accuracy, so it varies.

Another bug: When i have blink on autocast it works fine 90% of the time and its really good for hauling but sometimes it get stuck on something and when a pawn wanna grab the item for hauling it just run toward the item and before picking it up blink away, and if you have have a low cooldown and lot of mana it repeats it until you go under the mana % for allowed autocast.

On the 2nd could we get an option on autocasting of "dont move" when i manual cast stuff i like the fact the pawn tries to move to a spot where it can actually "see" the target but when they do it on autocast its problematic: When i set them up in position behind cover they just blindly rush out meanwhile i intend to wait for the enemies come into range.
Autocast is still relatively new so I'm working to iron out the remaining kinks.  Thanks for the detailed description of both cases though, it definitely helps me replicate and fix these types of bugs.

cyberian

Wanna try this mod for my next game. Does anyone know if this this should work with Cthulhu Monster and Cult Mods and Medieval Times mod?

Can Wizards wear steel or is there an option to restrict them from wearing metal armor? Otherwise I guess I can just restrict myself. Saw there is Wizard robes as clothing thats probably great to use or I just use some Apparello 2 stuff.

Is there other mods you would recommend with this one?

Canute

Should work, no. Can work yes.
Beside the Lord of the Rim Thirge Age (problem with teleport only) i don't notice any mod so far that cause trouble. Even Androids can use magic.

Metal/Iron don't have any influence on the magic.

You can mix up like you want, if you like a medivial world with magic, or a cyperpunk one it is up to you.
Magic is just another kind of quantum-manipulation we don't understand yet ! :-)

cyberian

Should the Ranger Bow Mastery ability work with bows from other Mods like Longbow from MT?

I tried to look through the defines but I was not able to determine the exact prerequisite.
I think if it looks for <damageDef>Arrow</damageDef> then it should work together.

Canute

It should or at last they worked with the bow's from Lord of the Rim:Elfes Bow's.

Jan2607

I can't implant a Seed of Regrowth. Is is not compatible with EPOE?

Canute

Do you have
Seed of regrowth
Mana potion
Medicin , at last herbal medicin ?
Only when you got these 3 things, the surgery appear at the list.
Is your druid a doctor ?

Jan2607

Oh yeah, I forgot that I need mana potions for it, thank you :)

DaceKurn

I was just curious is bonding a succubus to a warlock how you get the combined power or is it something else? Also wonderful mod best I've played!

TheJinx

Quote from: DaceKurn on October 30, 2018, 01:52:42 PM
I was just curious is bonding a succubus to a warlock how you get the combined power or is it something else? Also wonderful mod best I've played!
it's when you soul link a warlock to a random pawn and soul link a succubus to the same random spawn(needs to be part of colony) once they're both soul linked to the same person a new ability should pop up the succubus needs to activate it first and then the warlock activates his I believe

Torann

Teleport should work fine now with the Third Age mod (for the lord of the rims), applied a fix a few weeks ago, so let me know if it's still causing pawns to change their faction to non-player.

There's quite a few things that get checked to recognize bows - use of "Arrow" as the damage def or projectile, or even "bolt" works, the weapon can also be called "Bow" in the defname... a few other things.  Best way to check is to just equip it and if it shoots arrow storm, it's a recognized bow.