[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberian

The mod is extremely great thanks for all the work. Here some feedback don't take it to heart as I sad mod is very great.

Yes it makes the game super easy but I can increase the difficulty and do less defense (no killbox) and more insane wealth generation to compensate. In my current game I have a smith mass producing dozens 3000 silver dwarf king-crowns (3rd age).

The only class I am not super happy with is the Necromancer. Raising undead feels more like resurrecting peoples. I think it would be greater if he would raise the peoples as real Zombies and Skeletons with changed appearance which would be much weaker than normal guys. Zombies for fresh corpses and Skeletons for rotten ones. Simplest graphical change could be making Zombies dark green and Skeletons white if that color change can be done that is or maybe Zombieland and Skeletal Legions mod guys allow you to use their graphics those would be perfect.
But I guess thats a lot of work so just an idea. Also raising a giant horde seems a bit too powerful even for the high power of this mod.
The other abilities are fine.

Canute

Anyone know if it is possible to cast the Druid regrowth on Animals ?
Maybe with "A dog said" ?

And it is a shame that i can regrowth the ribcage, but can't remove the torso scars.

NeoSono

scars is priest business ;). most spells don't work on animals sadly. but I could remove luciferium addiction on my alpha wolf :D

Canute

Dohh priest, i know i forget something.

RamaPiw

when I try to use an ability an error pops up:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Svejgaard driver=TMJobDriver_CastAbilityVerb (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(TMCastAbilityVerb (Job_34511) A=Thing_Megasloth55840) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at JecsTools.HarmonyPatches.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Prefix (Verse.Verb,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool,bool&) <0x0001e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange_Patch1 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.IntVec3,bool) <0x00052>
at Verse.Verb.CanHitFromCellIgnoringRange (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.IntVec3&) <0x000fc>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryFindShootLineFromTo_Patch1 (object,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.ShootLine&) <0x005d9>
at Verse.Verb.CanHitTargetFrom (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x001fb>
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/TryFindCastPosition_Base_Patch.Prefix (Verse.AI.CastPositionRequest,Verse.IntVec3&,Verse.IntVec3&) <0x001d7>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.CastPositionFinder.TryFindCastPosition_Patch1 (Verse.AI.CastPositionRequest,Verse.IntVec3&) <0x00209>
at Verse.AI.Toils_Combat/<GotoCastPosition>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () <0x00225>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x0043a>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag)
AbilityUser.PawnAbility:UseAbility(AbilityContext, LocalTargetInfo)
AbilityUser.PawnAbility:TryCastAbility(AbilityContext, LocalTargetInfo)
AbilityUser.AbilityUserMod:ProcessInputEvents_PreFix(Targeter)
RimWorld.Targeter:ProcessInputEvents_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.MapInterface:HandleMapClicks()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

What can I do?

Canute

Did you try to install the latest jectools ?
Or when you use steam workshop, maybe you need to use an older version of jectools.

NeoSono

I played with the lastest steam workshop version yesterday and had no problems. Sometimes a jecs tools version causes problems and you need to use the github version from before.

forgottensage

how about a permanent summon for each mage class? for example, druids could get a random large animal, an arcane mage could get a familiar, a warlock could get an imp, a necromancer could get a skeleton, ect. perhaps something along the lines of "Crafting" your familiar at a specific building that you would need to research at magic tab, like summoners would need a portal, a warlock would need a pentagram, tomb for necromancer, Stonehenge for druid ect. could be fun when doing a solo run to have an entire village of creatures you made.

Jan2607

How does the Technomancer's overdrive work? I tried it with my geothermal powerplant, but I couldn't aim at it. Because I only could aim at walls and floors I thought I would have to place it next to the target machine, but nothing happened...

Torann

Quote from: Jan2607 on November 06, 2018, 10:36:19 AM
How does the Technomancer's overdrive work? I tried it with my geothermal powerplant, but I couldn't aim at it. Because I only could aim at walls and floors I thought I would have to place it next to the target machine, but nothing happened...
You can target any square that the generator occupies and, while it's active, you'll see sparks/electricity graphics effecting the object for the duration of overdrive.  Depending on the level of overdrive, you'll also see the output increase by at least 2x the base amount and the object will periodically take damage.

henk

Some things I've noticed.

Raider sappers mining through brick walls will find magicyte.
Wand of ice can't hit poison ships.
The best use for magicyte is still gems of arcane or physical insight. The fact other items might cost rare resources on top of magicyte just makes them pointless.
Wild regrown limbs seem to never lose their wildness.

wrathofdog

Dunno if these are any good, plz feel free to critique.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Torann

Quote from: wrathofdog on November 07, 2018, 04:54:40 AM
Dunno if these are any good, plz feel free to critique.
Looks good to me.  I'll have to do some reshaping to fit heads of a standard pawn; I'll post some screenshots when I've got it added.  I might also do some recoloring since I'm using black, gold, and dark red for the valiant armor, just so they have the same color scheme.

wrathofdog

Cool, they're yours to do with as you will.  Here's a link to the .psds with the layers and everything, if that's any help.

https://mega.nz/#!PcI2iYiR!G_MW1HIJ7PdgbGExDK7wG8mNYRKrN7rprXjzKD0vRGA

Jecmenn

After updating to 2.2.6.2 every long range spell (poison, lightning bolt, fireball, shadow bolt etc...) is broken. What i mean by that, is that pawns are not casting those spells at all. I can select the target, but when i click to use the spell, pawn stops for a second or two but no casting happens. Even in action bar the pawn is just "standing" and after that one or two seconds it just go do some other jobs.