[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dijkstra

Alright thanks for the help. I have an error with (probably) dubs bad hygiene. I have the logs so i can send them if you want.

Canute

I use hygiene most of my playthrough too, and never got problems.
Maybe just should delete the mod folder, and unzip it again. Maybe old version files remain and cause trouble.
If you manualy install mod's you allways should delete the old folder and don't just overwrite it.

Dijkstra

I asked dub and he told me that the issue is with humanoid alien framework so i asked them in their discord.

Canute

The description of Enchant Weapon, you should write "Mellee weapon" instead weapon. Sure after the 1. try to enchant some range weapon you know it, but waste of the mana.

Transmutate don't work on stuff with fixed material, like thrumbo bow/axe. But i think they should, when the spell can't alter the material it should work as better mend spell and repair (depend on the 1.skill upto +50% HP).
And the transmute material selection is very curious too, turn a uranium plate armor into a golden one, from $1600 to $17000. But it never got anything better on steel equipment (Third age mod).
Similar to textiles. Looks like Chincilla fur is one of the end material for parka's (ok 72°C cold is pretty good). Serveral other material are some dead end's too (Linen cloth).
Maybe you can select the material on a succesful cast, and depend on caster level or a skill level the material get selected or instead use a random material.
And a material difficult too so it is harder to transmute into gold then into steel, maybe in relation at the material of the item, so it is easyer to transmute into gold from uranium/silver.

Material selection for resources would be nice too.

Enchanter Stone, since you only can have 1 stone each enchanter pretty useless IMO.

Btw. do you know the RPG style inventory mod ? These artifact don't get shown there, only at the list view. The mod auther said new slot should appear like his image show

Wand's don't count as range weapons, and can't be used as hunting weapons.
I still use the older version since the new one got a problem's with caravan spawns.

Don't you think the reward for Arcane bandit's are too much ? 10k+ while regular outpost task just give 2500-3500k.

Edit: i used Dub's skylight now and notice the earthen spite don't work below skylights. Anything around are Rich soil, but not the tiles under them.

Kelsin

Are some kind of terror-mage or plague-mage is planned or in-mod already? Because it's really missing and I can't find something like this?
Oh, and other thing - will be/is already there an artifact, which allows to reset physical/magical school? Because sometimes bad decision are made and... Well, sometimes it better begin from zero than continue with school, which with it's penalties aren't good for colonist.

Canute

Torann,
didn't you said you fixed the issue with the teleport pod and Thirg Age mod ?
Soon as the pod leave the map, all pawn's are gone and i am geting the msg. that the pawn's restricted to bill are no longer and the bill get reseted.
Not to speak about that the pod at the destination is empty.

Torann

Update v2.3.3.2

AI mage's threat has been increased - mages will acquire all class abilities and also have a 5% chance to acquire their master ability (hard mode 40%)
    When AI mages are recruited, they will lose all abilities, ie start from scratch; it will be more optimal to recruit and promote pawns to mages than to capture existing mages
    This change should improve the challenge AI mages present to the colony and optimize balance

Tweaks:
    • Paracyte yield increased from 5 magicyte to 7
    • Reduced maximum reward value of arcane bandits
    • Paracyte drain is shown under magic tab with other conditions affecting mana regen
    • Enchanters can create unlimited enchanter stones, but each stone reduces the enchanter's max MP by 25%
    • Soothing Breeze (ice mage), Shadow (arcanist), and Ray of Hope (fire mage) have been changed to sustained buffs; they will periodically select a random pawn to buff when the aura is active on the casting mage
    • Stoneskin will slowly repair itself to it's maximum charges as long as it's not completely depleted

Bug fixes:
    • Polymorph and shapeshift are retained across loads
    • Techno-shield will no longer generate an error when active on a blood mage when they perform blood sacrifice
    • Beguile Animal (Druid) will no longer manhunter friendly or neutral caravan animals

Torann

Quote from: Canute on January 13, 2019, 08:52:23 AM
Torann,
didn't you said you fixed the issue with the teleport pod and Thirg Age mod ?
Yes... it seemed to come up again in some instances a bit ago so I changed the patch type and priority, but last I tested it was working fine.

The bug with pawn generation/caravaning etc was a quick fix but I don't think I ever updated on modDB, but that fix is applied in the v2.3.3.2

Wands do count as ranged weapons, just not the fire wand since it can start fires and is an explosive weapon.

henk

Possible mod glitch or conflict? Updated to 2.3.3.2 (no other change), and some orders were disabled from the right click list (I noticed cleaning and administering drugs). Also, dead animals appeared with a red X in the pawns list, and the caravan's pawn list also listed animals. I downgraded to a previous version and those bugs were gone.

Canute

Update v2.3.3.2
- Caravan spawn ok
- Teleport pod ok

But when i want form a caravan or load a teleport pod, i got the animal's at the pawn and animal list. And geting these error
Exception ticking Muffalo447173 (at (23, 0, 84)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PawnsAreCapable.HediffGiver_AssignedToArt.OnIntervalPassed (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Hediff) <0x0005f>
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () <0x01426>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00287>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e2adc9fea16d69d76217ed29d7b3c876

Ok, animals are treaten like colonist. Mod's like Pawns are capable and While you are up, want to affect these animals but can't and produce errors.
Ofcouse the animals are paralysed by these error's and don't do anything.

Torann

Quote from: henk on January 13, 2019, 10:41:26 PM
Possible mod glitch or conflict? Updated to 2.3.3.2 (no other change), and some orders were disabled from the right click list (I noticed cleaning and administering drugs). Also, dead animals appeared with a red X in the pawns list, and the caravan's pawn list also listed animals. I downgraded to a previous version and those bugs were gone.
Both of these bugs were addressed in a hotfix about an hour after the initial release; delete the current folder and download the latest v2.3.3.2 for the fix. 

Canute

Yep, the latest file fixed the issues.

TheAzn123

Hello! When will you update the main page release notes! I'm excited to try out the new updates, but getting a sense on what new classes are there and what they do will help me decide on which one I want to focus on. (Currently using blood mage.) On a side note, does that class/this mod have incompatibility issues with RimMagic Ascendant Vampires? Because I have both mods on right now and the blood mage is currently missing a mana bar or a blood bar. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not as the magic tab is blank unless I turn on god mod which is rather odd. Thank you for your hard work!

TheAzn123

Alright. I figured out a solution. If you were to have the blood magic trait before taking the vampirism potion (either one), you will lose the ability to level up your skills after taking the potion. So it is better if you take the potion, then learn the trait.

Torann

Update v2.3.3.3

Bug fixes:
    • Recruited AI pawns had their master spells unlearned - fix is not retroactive
    • Minions won't despawn after a load
    • Orb of Souls (filled) will save correctly