[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeday

Dear Torann

There seems to be a conflict with Combat Extended specifically by Engineer Weapon spell of Technomancer. See picture below.
Test was performed on a bolt-action rifle seen to the left. Test was performed with CE, with CE and CE guns with different order of CE and Rim of Magic and without CE. Last test was a success and a weapon was created.
Can you fix this, or you won't consider making it compatible with combat extended?

Jan2607

I don't understand how to use the enchanter spells. I don't know, what I have to target to succesfully cast the Enchanter's stone spell. And when I used the Enchant weapon spell on a melee weapon or a pawn equipped with melee weapon, nothing happens.

Canute

Yeah the "Target other" confused me at first too. :-)
For Transmute and Enchanter stone you need to target resources or items.
What kind of resources depend how much points you put into the skills.

For Enchant weapon you need to target a pawn with a mellee weapon not the weapon.
The pawn got an enchantment buff. You need to repeat that if you want a different one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jan2607

Oh, the pawn gets the buff, not the weapon? That explains it. Thank you :)

Is there any way to level fighters faster? My mages have very high levels (especially my summoner, since he can summons minions all the time), but my fighters can use their abilities only in combat so they don't level enough.
And because I have to be very unlucky, my fighter with the highest level dislikes all my other fighters so she can't mentor them :(

Canute

Mosttimes you can use serveral abilities even out of combat, but that depend on the class.
But it is still alot of micro.
Always on skills like Sprint,Gear repair don't give any extra XP, at last i didn't notice any.

Yeah the social status is a problem, noone like latest recruited pawn and everyone refuse to mentor him. And the one who recruited him was a fighter.

wrathofdog

Love this mod; really enjoying checking out all the new stuff since I last played RW.

Random thought:  Ranger's Calming Whisper skill seems like it may be bugged?  Having an active bond with an animal companion eats 30% of the ranger's stamina by default (so 30 out of 100 points, leaving a cap of 70), but Calming Whisper is supposed to decrease that by 15% each level; however, with 3 points in CW, my Ranger still has a max stamina of 70 while maintaining a bond with an animal.  Clearing his bond and making a new one doesn't refresh the cap.  And shouldn't 3 points at 15% each reduce the cost of the bond by 150%?  Maybe I'm not understanding the skill.

Canute

QuoteMaybe I'm not understanding the skill.
I think so.
It don't reduce the 30% maintaince cost.
It reduce the 60% cost to create a new bond.

@Torann
i notice the regrowth surgeries got shoulder and arm, basicly they are doing the same.
I don't got EPoE or RBSE active.

NatsuDragneell

hey guys, my greater minions stopped cleaning and just stand in their place unless they have something to haul, how can i fix this?

wrathofdog

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2019, 04:03:49 AM
QuoteMaybe I'm not understanding the skill.
I think so.
It don't reduce the 30% maintaince cost.
It reduce the 60% cost to create a new bond.

Hmm, re-reading the skill, I think you're right.  Given how fast stamina regenerates and how rarely you need to replace an animal companion, I'm going to have to remember to max the bow skills first in the future. 

moonra

One of my pawns got polymorphed and now she has a sister by the same name and the game thinks I have her sister, so every time I load a save her worktab gets reset to default, her bonded animals get assigned to the sister, etc, I basically have to setup all her configurations every time I load a save. I don't see any errors related to that on the log when I load a save, though.

Holvr

Now that Combat Extended is out for 1.0, how compatible is it with Rimworld of Magic?

I'm mainly concerned about how will it impact things related to ranged combat:
- Will Sniper/Ranger skills use ammo correctly or will they be essentially a "free shot"?
- How does it affect wands, staves, summoner's pylons and targeted spells? As far as I'm concerned, CE overhauls the entire ranged system, changing shots from %-based hit chance to actual projectiles that can miss, or even hit a non-intended target.

That'd require some patching, I assume?

Jan2607

I don't think it is compatible, since CE changes a lot stuff regarding pawn damage and Rimworld of Magic adds a lot of new creatures.
But it would be really awesome to have a compatibility patch :)

Saebbi made a compatibility patch in the past, but it always had problems with the MAIs using the loadout not correctly. I don't know if he will work on the 1.0 version.

wrathofdog

So pirates dropped right in my tribal's longhouse, coming down on top of my elderly wisewoman as she was drying fruit at the stone oven.  She survived, and I'm currently sacrificing the pirates one by one to Tsathoggua, but her left eye was crushed by debris.  My druid just learned the spell to regrow limbs, but her regrown eye is milky (and makes her tired and hungry at 150% the normal rate).  Are all regrown eyes milky and horrible, or should I gouge it out and try again?

edit:  oh, it's hazy now, and no longer making her super hungry.  That's pretty cool.  Much more creative than just, boom, new eye. 

Canute

wrathofdog,
unlike bionic's the regrown part need to grow up (with increased speed) first.
Did you saw some movies when people got regrown mini hands/arms ? :-)
Once you did the operation, the part get replaced with a barly functional part which need to grow up (what why you got the high hunger).
The end process even  give you a better working part then before, similar to simple bionics.

Torann

Small update to v2.3.3.4 to fix some bugs and make some minor tweaks

Tweaks:
    • Ranger "Calming Whisper" stamina reduction will now apply to the stamina upkeep cost as well as ability use
    • Reduced cost of all blood magic abilities by ~15%; increased blood cost reduction from skill training by 1% for all abilities except Blood Shield

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed several issues while saving polymorphed or post-polymorphed pawns
    • The player will no longer be able to force exit a polymorph from an enemy pawn (enemy pawns will never permanent polymorph)
    • Mages that have learned their master spells will no longer lose them after a faceless possession