[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

You can right click an item after you've equipped an enchanting stone to use the stone on it. As for the technomancer, I believe Engineer Weapon works on the currently equipped weapon. Make sure it's your best weapon then.

borenx

Quote from: henk on September 13, 2019, 09:15:14 PM
You can right click an item after you've equipped an enchanting stone to use the stone on it. As for the technomancer, I believe Engineer Weapon works on the currently equipped weapon. Make sure it's your best weapon then.

umm yeah problem is I cant equip the stones on my pawns, when I right click the stone it only has "haul" and "pick up" options and no equip, so I cant right click a weapon or equipment to actually enchant, Ive used the Engineer Weapon skill on a weapon on the ground, equipped by the technomancer and equipped by other pawns, but still it does not create a copy of the weapon thats currently equipped, Im also using dinosuria, genetic rim, rim of madness cults and creatures, thats about it

henk

Ok, it seems a pawn needs to be a mage to use enchant stones, and not just magically gifted either. I don't know too much the technomancer's weapon skill, but it might not create a copy of a weapon, just modify the one equipped in subtle ways.

henk

The magic circle is great! Lets you use your mages in new, interesting ways.
Some possible new powers :
- Wild animals : summon a pack of manhunters. Great for getting rid of sieges and mechanoid drops. Failure summons alphabeavers or yorkshire terriers joining.
- Mass fear : attempt to make an enemy attack flee. Might mental break some of your pawns as a side effect.
- Tectonic shifting : create new underground ore deposits (requires deep drilling)
- Promote health : attempts to cure diseases, regrow fingers and toes and cures scars on all pawns.

Canute

Before i try it out self, could you just tell me/us what are the cost for that ?
Just mana, or some other cost too ?
Like for the tectonic shifting, some mineable resources or stone chunks as sacrifice for the earth elemental.

henk

Magic circle powers cost magycite and some other resources. Suggestions :
- Wild animals costs meat
- Mass fear costs mana potions
- Tectonic shifting costs stone chunks
- Promote health costs herbal medicine

rawrfisher

@Torran
Question:
Would you ever consider adding an option to allow autocasting of healing spells on tamed animals and prisoners?

Pointless Raging:
I have had to fight with my priest and druid during and after every raid when I tell them to rescue a downed colonist and they just go autocast heal/regen then buzz off and do something different.  It angers me quite a bit losing a lv 16+ gunner/melee cause my colonist chooses to heal somone with a cut and ignore an order I give. 
Getting sick of druids not autocasting cure disease on infactions/food posioning.  This is likley just a conflict with my list and not worth looking at but still

Random suggestions:
A class that can summon/control golems.
A class that can summon makeshift mechanoids or take control of enemy mechanoids

Compatability note:
The raise undead does not train in the kill command when using the mod kill for me.   Not a big deal but just making a note of that.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

CYFire

Hi there I am new to this forum and Rimworld in general, now playing for some weeks.
I love this mod and am thankfull for the work you have been (and still are) putting in.

Now I'd like to ask: is it possible to buff the Ranger class or better said their "Bond animal" skill? It occurs to me as a quite inferior spell. Once you have used it, you are reluctant to use it again for not loosing your pet. Once tamed a thrumbo, you'll never touch that switch again and your Ranger is left with low stamina and just one regular spell causing slow leveling.

I thought of a way to make the spell reusable and came up with 2 methods:

1) make it like Necromancers "Raise undead" and simply add new pets instead of limiting it to one. This can be balanced with fairly long cooldowns, but being honest undead pawns are more OP than the same amount of (non-legendary) animals, since they can fight, haul, craft... Maybe the bigger ones (thrumbo, gallatross etc.) need more stamina to sustain, and running out of stam gives the risk of your bonded animals to wander into wildness (disappear) or worse going manhunt. Of course you would need a method to quickly refill Stamina, maybe a "Fighter skill: meditate" and/or make recreational drugs (beer, mead, smokeleaf) adding Stamina to fighter classes.

2) Give a chance to "after tame" the bonded animal so one day you can release the bond without sending the animal off. This way you use the skill to overcome high wildness and manhunter chances in taming and can use all trainable animal skills at once + the bonds buff. Then your pawns regularly train the animal in tameness, obedience etc. and once they fulfilled a training, the forced checkmark from the skill turns into a regular trained green checkmark. So after you reached tameness on your Thrumbo, you can release Animal bond, keep your pet and use the skill on the next hard to tame target.

A hybrid of both methods and maybe easier to implement(?) might be a timer on the bonded animal that automatically sets the "tamed" status after a specific time. Maybe use the illness function for a processing headiff, and on 100% the animal is "feeling at home" in your colony and won't leave you even after releasing the bond.

On another note, I also like the bladedancer and love "Phasestrike" for both fighting and raising my economy, similar to "blink". Sometimes, my pawns tend to forget what they were doing while phasing/blinking. One time Pawn tried to refill (Dub's Bad Hygiene) the bathtub and always phased while hauling the water, loosing the water while doing so. Then they ran back to the well, Phased again to the tub and on and on and on... funny.

As the Bladedancer needs a melee weapon to use their skills, I loaded some weapon mod providing a "gunblade" which should serve as both range and melee, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still need to equip the gladius to use the skills. (Simple sidearms and Dual Wield) Any method for me to add Gunblade to allowed weapons for fighter Skills?

Thank you.

henk

The lich event... It's either too easy, or a game ender.

If you can snipe the lich, or summon it into a killbox with an arcane mage, all the skeletons will die instantly. If you don't, or can't, the skeletons will assault you. They outnumber you, and each one of them is several times stronger than a human, despite being only bones. They can walk right through traps, sponge any bullet, then crush your defenders in melee.

So my recommendation would be to buff the lich (perhaps giving it armor or magic items), reduce the number of skeletons, and significantly reduce their tankiness.

HiaTa

I apologize i have tried searching and havent found anything but I seem to have a bug with the arcane forge where I cant right click a bill and prioritize.

Canute

The arcane forge can only be used by mages, did you try to use it with a mage or a non-mage ?

HiaTa

Used a mage and non mage. Non mage gets a warning that work cant be done but nothing shows for the mage. Ill keep trying.

henk

Chronomancer's reverse time can kill pawns which have percentage health problems like toxicity or mana sickness. It keeps adding to it quickly until they just die.

About balance, it seems mages get experience, both passive and active, much faster than physical pawns. It's not uncommon to have a colony with several mages all capped, and your highest level fighter is around 10.

Tymier

I seem to be having a huge issue with the Bard class tree. There seems to be an <enchantingContainer> loop in the game save files. Basically doubling save file size, multiplying load times, and in game FPS.
The game version and modlist i'm running
<gameVersion>1.0.2408 rev747</gameVersion>
      <modIds>
         <li>Core</li>
         <li>HugsLib</li>
         <li>JecsTools-1.1.0.15</li>
         <li>TMagic</li>
         <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
         <li>GloomyFurniture</li>
         <li>MadSkills-1.0-2.2.1</li>
         <li>Gloomy Extra - Kitchen</li>
         <li>RuntimeGC</li>
         <li>Mass Graves</li>
         <li>Vanilla Walls Redone</li>
         <li>Psychology</li>
      </modIds>

Notepad++ notices 196 "normal" instances of <enchantingContainer> before applying any of the Bard skill tree traits to 1 of my pawns.
After I apply the job to them, Notepad++ notices 160 thousand+ instances of <enchantingContainer> and <innerList /> Doubling and/or Tripling the amount of lines in the save file.

Epishade

Does anybody know where I can obtain (or have an old version that they would be willing to upload somewhere for download) a combat extended patch for A RimWorld of Magic?  It looks like there used to be a patch, but earlier this year the mod author took it down from what I can gather.