[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserk

Hey I'm getting a pretty nasty bug, whenever I reload the game my pawns lose all their magic levels. I'm not sure if it's a conflict, and if it is I have no idea what could be doing this. Does anyone know?

Canute

Pretty sure it is a conflict.
Do you have any error before safing or after loading a safegame ?
Does it happen right after a new colony too (dev. mode on, then you can start with the top right icon a quick test colony).

Berserk

Quote from: Canute on January 26, 2020, 02:55:30 AM
Pretty sure it is a conflict.
Do you have any error before safing or after loading a safegame ?
Does it happen right after a new colony too (dev. mode on, then you can start with the top right icon a quick test colony).

I tried a new colony through dev mode like you said, gave a class to one of the pawns and leveled it up, reloaded and all points invested were gone. I checked the log and there are yellow errors, mostly regarding Medieval Times apparel. Though there were these 3 red errors

Edit: I just noticed that this only happens to magic classes like the priest or warlock, the gladiator saves and loads just fine

Could not resolve cross refs: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Thing.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch1(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Could not resolve cross refs: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Thing.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Apparel.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()

Exception spawning loaded thing null: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Map:FinalizeLoading()

Canute

Yellow text are warning not error, and can be ignored.

All 3 msg. got "SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch1"
I just checked it with Core,hugslib,jecstools,Rim of Magic and didn't saw this patch at the patch list.
Take a look at yourside.
After you start Rimworld, press CTRL-F12, open in browser
You see at first your modlist, followed by the patchlist and then the regular logfile.
Search for "LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch1" at the patchlist.

If you find it maybe you can recognize the mod which do that patch, and then you got the bad mod.
But if you don't find it,sorry maybe the 50% methode with deactivating mods and retry it with new colonies help you to identify the mod. Yes time consuming annoying methode ! :-(

Berserk

Hey thank you for the help, I'll have to do it the time consuming way I think because even my hugslib logs are pretty vague. I don't see what could be doing this, thank you again though :)

Mistrornge

Is there a way to make the Monk auto meditate?  He never seems to have Chi when a fight comes.

henk

Right click the monk's meditate skill to make them do it every day automatically.

Today I learned : Herbivore animals can eat the druid's briar patch. Nice touch.

Aronia

Thanks so much for the mod, it's marvelous. Currently playing a low-tech tribal playthrough with almost everyone in my colony being a mage or fighter.

Just a couple questions here. I notice that one of my pawns (a pacifist fire mage, she was like that when she joined us) is constantly getting mana sickness. She has even died of it once; I reloadeed the save. No one else seems to get it. She is in fact keeping a magical cooler, a sun light and a Ray of Hope all at once, but it's not like she's the only one with a load like that. Is there some kind of condition that makes some pawns more likely to get mana sickness than others?
(A side note — would be cool to get a letter about mana sickness, like the ones we get with other diseases.)

My other question is about the technomancer. So, I have the techno-bit enabled, and when he's mining or something, I can sometimes see the sparks created by it. But I was never able to find what exactly the techno-bit is doing. Where can I look for that information?

Thank you!

Canute

So far i remember, when you cast a spell that is over x% over your current max. mana you will get the sickness. I think x is 20 or 30.
So for pratice you should use spells that use less mana.
Enchant your gear to get more max. mana or put points in max. mana (but personaly i prefer mana regen at first).

Canute

Warning about Rim of Magic and the latest Jecstools (1.0.16).
Looks like with the latest jecstools some abilities don't work correct.
At last the geomancer Sentinel don't got work correct and give an error msg. about projectile.
After switching back to the previous jecstools version 1.0.15 the sentinel got summoned without problems.

Edit:
Imspiried by a post at the general forum i tried a medivial Zombie Magic colony too.
And i notice Elements and Sentinel don't recognize zombies from the Zombieland mod as enemies and ignore them. Regular pawn shoot at them.
Trying out another Zombie mod.

Aronia

Quote from: Canute on February 04, 2020, 03:59:02 AM
So far i remember, when you cast a spell that is over x% over your current max. mana you will get the sickness.
Uh, you mean castimg spells that cost more than the maximum mana I have? How is that even possible? I mean, you need to actually have enough mana to cast a spell, right?

Canute

Sorry i don't mean over the current max. mana, i mean of the current max. mana.
You right it isn't possible to cast spell that need more mana then the pawn currently can have.

henk

You can also get mana sickness from having 0 mana during a Mana Drain event. Use a potion if your pawn is at risk.
Never use the chronomancer's rollback time spell on a pawn with a % health effect, like toxicity or mana sickness, as it quickly increases the effect until the pawn dies.

Mistrornge

Noticed some weirdness.  Thought I would share.
My team had captured several raiders and was nursing them back to health when a group of colonists got the plague.  To fix it I drafted my Druid to cycle cure disease on each of the ill.  My hospital is adjacent to the prison. With the Druid having Arcane Bolt set up to autocast during combat.  He starts casting arcane bolt at the group of prisoners.  The prisoners were resting in their beds not agroed on my colonists. 
Later I had a released prisoner attacked by one of my undrafted colonists as he was leaving. 

henk

Torann : Now starting the 1.1 conversion. This will probably take a while.
Me : *turns around to look at shiny new Allow Tools*
Torann : Alright, all done!

Thanks for the amazing work as always, Torann!